Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

son from nz

(6 Posts)
Willow500 Sat 17-Sep-16 06:58:27

How wonderful for you both - enjoy his visit although the parting will be hard. My son emigrated to NZ 3 years ago and although we were lucky enough to go last year and meet our little grandsons we miss them dreadfully. My husband took a quick trip over there in Aug but I couldn't go. They were hoping to come here in January but the cost is horrendous and I know how disappointed my son is that they can't make it as he is homesick. His wife is from NZ so has all her family around her. We are going to plan to get them here for Christmas 2017 which will give us plenty of time to save up.

Jalima Fri 16-Sep-16 10:50:23

Enjoy your time with him smile

ffinnochio Fri 16-Sep-16 08:35:20

Cath That's great. sunshine

Grannyknot Fri 16-Sep-16 08:24:40

cath you're describing the sweet feeling of being reunited with someone you love who lives far away. When my son went travelling I didn't see him for 3 years and it was so lovely when I eventually did.

Back then all we had in between physical meet ups were grainy webcam images, nowadays there's Skype.

Enjoy every moment indeed flowers

Rosieroe Fri 16-Sep-16 08:12:21

How lovely for you Cath. Enjoy every moment.

Cath9 Fri 16-Sep-16 07:52:06

It is so wonderful to have my son here from NZ. One has to think that if he did live in the UK one would not get this woinderful feeling of enjoyment as I haven't seen him for over two years. Unfortuntely his family are not over as he was entending on getting here by using his air miles.