Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Any Ideas?

(22 Posts)
M0nica Fri 15-Dec-17 08:46:24

Yes, I buy gifts on ebay or from other retailers and get them to send them direct to the recipient. I do not bother about fancy wrappings for birthdays, but at Christmas, I send them to another member of the household with instructions to wrap them and label them and produce them on the The Day. Cards I just post, if they are small and light and do not contain letters, they are not outrageously expensive to send.

Marthasimmonds54 Fri 15-Dec-17 03:04:39

@shysal @sutkendrinks Thank you so much guys for all the suggestionssmile

sutkendricks Sat 09-Dec-17 06:12:57

Hi there, you can try online shopping store to send them gifts online.

shysal Fri 17-Nov-17 09:58:59

Have a look at this site. Not cheap but a bit different.
boomf.com/

Marthasimmonds54 Fri 17-Nov-17 03:42:07

I found this new type of birthday card that looks very interesting..

The coolest thing about it is that it's a 4D interactive card and from what I can see on the video, there was a game included in it.

amazecards.kickoffpages.com

Has anyone seen or sent one of these?

Marthasimmonds54 Tue 14-Nov-17 06:50:47

I have checked everywhere, and actually I found this kicka$$ website and wowed me.. a very extraordinary one!

amazecards.kickoffpages.com/
and they're giving us a free download of it, the coolest thing about it is that it's a 4D card and as what I can see on the video, there was a game attached to it, we just have to use our phones for it, but it's really cool you guys should check it out too!

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 10:32:11

confused
Have you tried Google/Amazon/Not on the High Street/My Wicked uncle?

Elrel Fri 03-Nov-17 10:28:14

Moonpig - very efficient!

ElaineI Thu 02-Nov-17 00:16:05

Moonpig - they use local post etc so gets there on time (send things to family in Oz and never been let down).

Marthasimmonds54 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:42:21

@Cherrytree59
smile I don't think so if we've met before

@PamelaJ1
Wow, that's fantastic! let me know the website so I can check it outsmile Is her website easy to navigate though? not too much restrictions and all right?
Also, regarding her card, can we personalize it or something?

PamelaJ1 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:54:43

Funny that this thread has shown up today as my niece has just started an online card company and I looked at her brand new website about an hour ago! She’s only got 2cards at the moment, maybe she should incorporate gifts too. I hope this a good omen.

Cherrytree59 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:44:29

marthasimmonds
Have we met somewhere before?smile

Marthasimmonds54 Tue 31-Oct-17 08:16:15

and what you guys mentioned from the above comments are all great thank you, I will add them on my lists, I just wanted to compare everything

Marthasimmonds54 Tue 31-Oct-17 07:42:59

Thanks everyone!I'm trying to get all options regarding sending real cards and presents for my family. Anyone can add more? Do you know any other website that has less than $10 price for the gifts/cards though?

Grannyknot Fri 27-Oct-17 07:43:44

MesMopTop the Biscuiteers parcel brings a waft of home-made baking into the house. They really are great - beautifully iced too.

MawBroon Fri 27-Oct-17 07:23:21

I have often used www.Moonpig.com (advertising?) because the DGC especially like “personalised” cards, usually incorporating their picture and of course name, but adult DDs and friends have had some amusing ones too.

MesMopTop Fri 27-Oct-17 07:02:45

I like the sound of buiscuiteers Grannyknot as I don't know anyone that wouldn't enjoy a nice biccie. That could be very helpful when wanting to end gifts to friends and family as postal service from here not really the best, neither are the biccies! What I wouldn't give for an empire biscuit. Can't get them here and homemade not quite the same. Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.

Grandma70s Fri 27-Oct-17 06:55:03

I send real cards via Moonpig or Scribbler. You pick a card, edit it a bit with your own text, and they will either send it back to you to post or send it direct to the recipient. It works very well.

The only problem is that a lot of the cards are really awful. Those for children are all right, but the bearable ones for adults are sometimes hard to find.

Riverwalk Fri 27-Oct-17 06:51:52

I use Moonpig - they also do small gifts. The DGC love receiving real cards that have their own photo incorporated into the scene.

Cards

Grannyknot Fri 27-Oct-17 06:51:32

Hi Martha are you in the UK?

Have a look at Biscuiteers, they send cards with lovely biscuits, beautifully packaged. I've had gorgeous flowers delivered to my door in a box (they came in the post) by Bloom 'n Wild, they lasted for ages.

I'm sure Not On the High Street also send gifts.

MesMopTop Fri 27-Oct-17 06:43:39

For small gifts I use online companies like Amazon or even eBay and can send a nice little gift worldwide without costing an arm and a leg. I use PayPal with eBay and that gives a bit extra buyer protection. I'm hopeless with cards but sometimes the cost of cards is horrendous.,I'd rather spend that extra on the gift.

Marthasimmonds54 Fri 27-Oct-17 03:32:53

Good morning everyone!

Are there and easy ways online to send real cards and small present?

I don't really like ecards but maybe for this generation.