Gransnet forums


Guardianship / kinship forms

(5 Posts)
Chutneymaster Sat 05-Jan-19 15:00:01

Is there a web site where i can download these forms.
our Granddaughters parents want us to look after our Grand Daughter on a permanent basis, we need them to fill out a guardianship form to enable us to organise a new school, Doctors etc. as they live 300 miles away.
Thanks in advance.

mcem Sat 05-Jan-19 23:47:58

Don't know of a website as such but believe a call to CAB might point you in the right direction.

Iam64 Sun 06-Jan-19 08:50:39

google something like, how do I apply for SGO and various links will appear. I think if you're applying for the SGO you have to start the process not your grandchild's parents. You'll find a link to the Family Rights Group that spells out the SGO process and legal background. Meanwhile, I suggest you get a letter/ written permission, from your grandchild's parents. It should state clearly that they give permission for you to seek medical treatment, identify a school etc. You should also be given the Child Benefit book by the parents along with written permission for that to be paid directly to you.
Its not as simple as downloading a form for them to sign.

Chutneymaster Mon 07-Jan-19 09:25:39

Many thanks for your comments, off to see a solicitor tomorrow.

Iam64 Mon 07-Jan-19 10:37:12

That’s the right thing to do, good to read you’re taking legal advice. I
Hope it works fir you