Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Gift ideas please for a virtual birthday party

(6 Posts)
MummoCreamer19 Wed 06-May-20 00:12:39

A Zoom birthday party that involves the theme that she loves is an idea. Have her friends show up in a background that involves the theme she wants. For instance if she likes animals then the birthday party can be a zoo theme. She can have animal themed streamers in the background and animal related snacks. Tell her friends to do the same thing. It will be exciting for her to look at the animal stuff her friends have in their backgrounds. That’s an idea.

NanaandGrampy Thu 26-Mar-20 13:50:17

How about a gift of a book of vouchers made by you for time not things like toys.

My daughter made both her children a set of 12 each for Christmas and each one is an activity done with that particular child month by month,

Things like a movie night with Mummy including snacks and a their choice of film. A trip out to a museum or park. An afternoon playing board games. A trip out for Icecream.

The children have loved it as they have a busy household and this is guaranteed 1-2-1 time.

You can personalise for your grandchild filling it with time spent with you making memories .

Grammaretto Thu 26-Mar-20 12:19:37

Thankyou Gaga1950 for the lovely suggestions. Happy Birthday to you!

I thought as soon as I had written how unimportant it seemed in the light of the real world problems but we are used to being with her on birthdays and now this.

I can post to the new house which will be a novelty.

Gaga1950 Thu 26-Mar-20 08:50:57

As regards a gift - what about a poetry book - a poem a day / can tuck in a a long box quite easily when they move and a treasure for life.

Gaga1950 Thu 26-Mar-20 08:48:28

They could do a virtual party using Zoom. It was my birthday last w/e and I had a cake with candles (wooden) delivered by a 3 year old gs from his kitchen! Presents from the others that they had wrapped and then unwrapped for me all accompanied by champagne in each of the 5 houses. A great time was had by all! I’m sure your gd will find amusement in what is planned. Maybe the neighbours could stand on their doorsteps and sing for her! Hope you all find a way to celebrate!

Grammaretto Wed 25-Mar-20 17:59:37

Our DGD will soon be 5. She was expecting a party with all her friends but of course now there cannot be. What would be an original idea for something to post to her?
We cannot see her except on video. The other complication is that she is in the process of moving house so the family will not thank me for more stuff!