Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Body Book for Toddler

(6 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 19-Oct-20 23:18:40

I want to get my grandson a book about the body, exlaining the basics about digestion, genitalia etc.

When my daughter was small, she had a great book by the Early Learning Centre, The Body Book. It is unfortunately out of print.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Grannynannywanny Mon 19-Oct-20 23:36:09

GagaJo does your grandson enjoy sticker books? Usborne do a human body sticker book amongst their big selection of topics. I bought it many years ago when my gs was small. I’ve just checked and it’s out of stock on amazon where I got it. But here’s the link and it’ll give you an idea what it’s like. You might find it elsewhere.
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/140953278X?ref=pd_basp_dp_primary&tag=gransnetforum-21

PaperMonster Tue 20-Oct-20 07:06:41

My daughter has one called Wonderful You which she’s had since being a toddler, but that is more about genitalia differences and reproduction than other bodily functions.

ayse Tue 20-Oct-20 08:34:03

I remember The Body Book or one very similar. I bought it for my DD and she loved it. I recently bought a children’s encyclopaedia all about bodies for my grandchildren. It was by DK and they love it. Great pictures and diagrams with a poster.

The Book Depositary has a number of books from board style for the very young to more

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Oct-20 08:53:26

Mulberry.Co.Uk has some very good books and a model with removable body parts.

M0nica Tue 20-Oct-20 10:29:52

When mine were small Ladybird did a book called The Body. DS always insisted in taking it with him when we visited the doctor.