Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Gran life

(6 Posts)
Johannathemagnificent Mon 12-Jul-21 15:04:06

My grandaughter lives with me, She's 8 months old, my son is unstable so can't look after his child. I'm 50 and single, can't find a dating site for people like me. What to do?

nadateturbe Mon 12-Jul-21 15:33:58

Have you got friends, hobbies Johanna?

AmberSpyglass Mon 12-Jul-21 15:39:19

Honestly, you’re probably not in the best position to be dating right now. You’re effectively raising an 8 month old by yourself, the last thing you need is to be bringing someone else - especially a stranger - into the mix.

cornishpatsy Mon 12-Jul-21 15:56:27

I don’t know the answer but feel for you as an over 50 with a young child, which I am assuming will be with you forever .

Do you have good childcare in place? If you do then I would join any dating site and not mention the child. If a relationship happens that looks as if it can go somewhere then you can tell them and see the reaction.

I think it would be sad to resign yourself to being single until the child is much older, maybe it will be just dating and having good times rather than a full blown relationship.

Johannathemagnificent Mon 12-Jul-21 16:04:04

What a good idea. Never thought of that. Thanks cornishpatsysmile

AGAA4 Mon 12-Jul-21 17:05:14

You have taken on a difficult job bringing up your grandchild and you deserve to have a life of your own. Good luck with the dating.