Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Snowy Saturday...

(16 Posts)
Shirleyw Sun 12-Feb-17 10:17:13

lol maw broon....

MawBroon Sun 12-Feb-17 09:48:27

From "Spotted in Yorkshire".

Purpledaffodil Sat 11-Feb-17 22:51:46

We have to head to Sheffield for a family funeral, sadly. Is there any GN person in that area who can tell me if there is snow there? Weather reports are so contradictory ?

Greyduster Sat 11-Feb-17 22:48:38

Seems to be only on the higher ground here; we had none, but half a mile up the road where it is open country, it was white over. Then, as we dropped down towards the edge of the city, nothing. We can't discount it yet. Last year half way through March when the trout fishing season was about to start, we had falls of snow that kept us all off the banks; then of course, it all melts and the rivers are too high to fish. If it don't get you one way, it'll get you another!

KatyK Sat 11-Feb-17 17:54:15

A few flurries in the West Mids and very cold.

Norah Sat 11-Feb-17 17:50:36

Mostly just cold, small flurries.

whitewave Sat 11-Feb-17 17:35:50

Absolutely freezing on South Downs and snow on and off all day. Small amount on ground. Forecast much warmer next weeksmile

ninathenana Sat 11-Feb-17 17:29:10

We had that stuff that can't decide whether it's rain, sleet or snow this morning in Kent. It's stopped now. Some of the county had a light dusting over night.

tiredoldwoman Sat 11-Feb-17 17:07:30

It's bitterly cold in St.Andrews , we had snow yesterday but it was warmer . I'm home from work and I'm glad that I don't have to go out again . Looking forward to Taboo tonight .

Cherrytree59 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:04:31

Woke up this morning to a slight covering in Staffordshire.
Flurries of snow on and off all morning.
Temperature must have gone up this afternoon as snow all gone, just very cold & damp now.

Charleygirl Sat 11-Feb-17 15:46:37

A few flurries mid morning in London but not enough to lie. Now it is just bitterly cold.

Pittcity Sat 11-Feb-17 15:35:00

There was a lot this morning here in Colchester but it's gone now, just cold and damp.

kittylester Sat 11-Feb-17 15:29:35

North Leicestershire is just grey, cold and wet, I wouldn't mind some snow and an excuse to stay in and keep warm. Mind you, if it snows enough to keep you in, then the power would go off and it would be cold inside as well.

Chewbacca Sat 11-Feb-17 14:31:45

None in North West England so far, but it's cold, grey and wet so even if it does snow, it's unlikely to stick. Soon be Spring! flowers

MawBroon Sat 11-Feb-17 14:31:22

A few miles north in Milton Keynes - none at all!

Shirleyw Sat 11-Feb-17 14:28:56

...in Luton....been snowing for most of the night and day....not thick with snow and the roads seem OK , it's a fine snow, nice to see the white roof tops though ..but bitter cold. ...have you any?