Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(16 Posts)
ffinnochio Mon 13-Feb-17 10:17:07

Good morning to all, from France. No Monday Zumba or walking as I've a dodgy knee which just needs resting, so have had a lovely morning so far cruising online shopping opportunities. #justwindowshopping (smile).

Very much milder with a promise of springlike days ahead.

hildajenniJ Mon 13-Feb-17 10:08:33

Good morning everyone.
It's grey, damp and breezy along the Tyne Valley. The washing has just finished, so I'll put it in the dryer. No chance of any drying outside today. After that, just the usual pottering until I feel like ironing.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Mon 13-Feb-17 09:59:48

Morning

Bright and breezy on South Downs. Less cold too. Hope to be in the garden by the end of the week.

Want to move some snowdrops and plant some fruit trees. Red currant, black currant gooseberry and blackberry. All on large tubs - Council old recycle tubs - so the recycle tubs are being recycled grin

Nana3 Mon 13-Feb-17 09:45:15

Good morning. Very windy in Lancashire. I planned to take 2 older DGC on a hill walk today but it's not the weather for it. We all enjoyed the spectacular snowdrop walk yesterday, it was cold though.
Hope your DGD is better today kitty.
Enjoy your day everyone.

annodomini Mon 13-Feb-17 09:34:23

Good morning. It's bright and very breezy in North Cheshire. I have had to rescue the black wheelie bin which keeps being blown across the patio. The trees are tossing more than they have all winter.

PRINTMISS Mon 13-Feb-17 08:43:47

Good morning to you all, we have the sun on the south east coast, and it is most definitely warmer than it has been, thank goodness, we might even venture out later on. Enjoy your days.

ninathenana Mon 13-Feb-17 08:22:00

Morning all.
I think we might see the sun in N Kent today, there is a glow behind the cloud. It will be the first time in a week.I really must tidy my airing cupboard ttidy, unless there are any volunteers ?

cornergran Mon 13-Feb-17 08:14:03

Morning All. We haven't got the promised sun but it's definitely not as cold and brighter. Picking up the 'new to us but not new' car this morning. Mr C is sneezing, please tell me not another cold for him to share sad. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Mildred Mon 13-Feb-17 07:58:40

Good morning all, bright and clear in Liverpool, hope to get some washing on the line. Pilates tonight, last two weeks cancelled as instructor broke her shoulder skiing.

Pittcity Mon 13-Feb-17 07:58:32

Good morning from a cold but bright Colchester. Looks like the sun will come out today!
Monday means Walking Netball. We have great fun.

Greyduster Mon 13-Feb-17 07:42:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Well at least it is dry in South Yorkshire this morning, for which grateful thanks!! Kitty I feel for you; we had exactly the same thing with GS when he was staying here just after Christmas, poor chap. It's very distressing for them and a lot of work for you. Ironing for me this morning and then the school run this afternoon. Have a good day, folks.

Rinouchka Mon 13-Feb-17 07:28:17

Good morning, Mick, Flo, Kitty and all. Hope your DGD is better, kitty now that she has had her personal volcanic eruption. That is how we refer to such moments in our family.
Looks brighter in my garden, perhaps in anticipation of the better weather promised from Wednesday.

Pilates, coffee with friends and groundfloor housework this afternoon.
Pleasure and pain!

kittylester Mon 13-Feb-17 07:09:22

Morning Auntieflo - my favourite great aunt was called Flosunshine!

kittylester Mon 13-Feb-17 07:08:00

Good morning Mick, morning Kate, morning all.

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but it isn't raining.

I'm feeling slightly the worse for wear this morning as DGD2 was spectacularly sick all over her mother's bed last night. The washer is working overtime and there are piles of smelly washing everywhere.

We might go to a craft afternoon at the library this afternoon!

Auntieflo Mon 13-Feb-17 07:02:28

Good morning all. Bit dark and dreary here in Berks. Early start for us as we are off to visit the Royal Albert Hall today, for a behind the scenes tour. Coffee and pastries and lunch later.

12Michael Mon 13-Feb-17 06:36:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks windy but its dry , could be a milder week hopefully this week.
Mick