Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Morning everyone

(9 Posts)
Grandmama Sat 18-Feb-17 10:15:02

I'm not usually online at this time but had to check for an email I was expecting so I thought I'd pop in for a quick drink. No-one else here in the cafe yet, where is everyone?? Having a lie-in?? Have just ordered a cappuccino and croissant. Hope someone else comes soon. Meanwhile will read the paper. Have a good day everyone.

downtoearth Sat 18-Feb-17 10:18:36

Morning grandmama just lazing and drinking tea before goingvinto the garden later listening to birds as well as on here enjoy your day smile

Alima Sat 18-Feb-17 10:25:07

Good morning, I have been awake for hours and just enjoying another coffee before going to the hospital to visit DH. DGS, nearly 5, is coming too. Do hope they let him say hello, he adores and misses his Grandad.

Teetime Sat 18-Feb-17 11:44:49

Good morning I'm nervously waiting in here before I go my first tennis lesson in 30 years. I'm assured that there are others of my vintage there and Wimbledon standard is not expected so here we go!!

Luckygirl Sat 18-Feb-17 11:49:06

That's very enterprising Teetime! I am sitting ;looking at the fog outside - a pea-souper! - and nursing a cold (again!) but the snowdrops are out and I am of to the village panto this afternoon with children - as long as we can get there!

Luckygirl Sat 18-Feb-17 11:49:23

off!

Teetime Sat 18-Feb-17 15:24:03

The tennis lesson was really good fun - a lovely group of people all learning, all friendly and a lovely coach. I ran about for ages - haven't run for years so I have come home to 2 co-codamol and a hot bath - going again next week. Its only £4 for 2 hours!!!Now where did I put my little pleated skirt and frilly knickers?

shysal Sat 18-Feb-17 19:38:54

Glad you enjoyed the tennis Teetime, bet you will be achey tomorrow. I looked on line for something similar near me, but nothing, nor walking netball close enough.

Carol1ne63 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:46:23

Good evening! Haven't had a chance to drop in for ages! Had a busy day - DGS to swimming, then shopping, housework and paperwork (accompanied by a glass of red). Finally settling down to relax and watch a bit of TV. Night all! xx