Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(19 Posts)
grannylyn65 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:24:34

Ooh Azie !! shock

Azie09 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:07:23

Hello! I'm fleeing from a very serious thread, to which I admit I contributed and just looking for a bit of fresh air and something more light hearted!

I'm glad to see it's possible to say Good Afternoon as well as Good Morning grin. It was a desperately misty morning in Stroud, it's cloudy now and definitely colder. I hear we are in for Storm Doris on Thursday which sounds quite fearsome but will probably be absolutely fine.

Yesterday the birds were singing like mad, morning and evening, and the snowdrops are everywhere. It must be nearly spring, mustn't it? smile

hulahoop Tue 21-Feb-17 15:48:42

Windy and wet in Yorkshire I had physio appt this morning had some very intense neck massage. Gave me rotten headache so sat with eyes closed and fell asleep which I hate doing during the day ?

grandMattie Tue 21-Feb-17 09:45:06

Gray day here in E Kent, no rain, but sort of drippy. Got my lovely T'ai CHi class then visit to physio for my shoulder pains. probably needles as well. I do enjoy that hour! Am I masochistic? grin

TerriBull Tue 21-Feb-17 09:37:04

Good morning from the edge of London it's a grey, drippy day here such a contrast to yesterday positvely balmy, Spring seemed to be well on it's way, well for a day anyway.

PRINTMISS Tue 21-Feb-17 09:26:49

Good morning to you all, an uncertain morning here, like the past two or three, and the sun seems to decide to shine late afternoon. I am a little under the weather this morning, a bit achey all over probably trying to do too much now I am able to get around more easily. Blood pressure test this pm. (seems to be the fashion today), but nothing else exciting on the horizon. Enjoy your days.

ffinnochio Tue 21-Feb-17 08:56:21

Good morning to all, from France. Misty and mild. Areas of the grass are glistening with individual mist droplets, but not others. A patchwork effect. Rather like today's going to be with bits and bobs of chores inside the house, so a non-wellie day ahead.

Greyduster Tue 21-Feb-17 08:52:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice bright day in South Yorkshire. I had an awful night - woke up at 3.30 with everything aching; game over for sleep, so I won't be getting going any time soon. I think I spent too much time on the floor with GS yesterday playing Monopoly. It is not my position of choice these days! Have a happy day, folks.

Nelliemoser Tue 21-Feb-17 08:47:38

Good morning all. Grey here today but very mild.
Jolly old Accuweather (for Cheshire) says "Expect showery weather Tuesday morning though Friday afternoon." Well there you go. Take a brolly with you.

Anniebach Tue 21-Feb-17 08:46:02

Good morning from Mid Wales. Grey sky, heavy rain forecast , there's a suprise

Rinouchka Tue 21-Feb-17 08:40:02

Good morning everyone. Damp and mild day here. Local History Study Day with lunch today followed by late afternoon volunteering. DH in charge of evening meal.

Enjoy Tuesday!..which reminds me, does anyone remember Tuesday Weld, the American actress? Or does anyone know someone named after a day of the week?
I now know a Wednesday(at uniwith DD1) and a Sunday.

Mildred Tue 21-Feb-17 08:38:53

Good morning, good luck with the nurse visit harrigran, sunny but cloudy in Liverpool, rain promised for later.

thatbags Tue 21-Feb-17 08:26:14

Morning, folks! Good luck, harri! Minibags is off school again with her very persistent cough that's leaving her feeling nauseous and light-headed. Blergh.
Flapjack supplies need to be bumped up. We're in for some heavy rain this afternoon.

harrigran Tue 21-Feb-17 08:21:22

Good morning from a bright, sunny north east. Appointment with the nurse at BP clinic, should be interesting as I have been off my meds for a year.

Pittcity Tue 21-Feb-17 08:10:12

Good morning from a cloudy but mild Colchester. Yesterday was 17 degrees and sunny here, a bit cooler today.
Getting the train to Norwich for a Gransnet lunch at the prison.

Nana3 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:41:16

Good morning Mick and everyone. It was clear skies earlier but grey now.
Mum was very sleepy yesterday and I had to try and feed her but she was refusing to eat, it's so upsetting.
Had a nice visit to DD in the evening though, DGD's were very excited.
No plans for today, this is good, can relax a bit.
Hope your cousin is recovering well nina.

kittylester Tue 21-Feb-17 07:25:55

Morning Mick, morning Nina, morning all.

It's a brightish start in North Leicestershire but the forecast is for a lot of rain later.

A bit of desk work and a lot of ironing on my agenda today - yippee!!

I hope you find your friend well, nina.

ninathenana Tue 21-Feb-17 07:04:22

Morning Mick and everyone.
It's a mild start in N Kent patches of blue sky showing.
I have a Tesco shop this morning. Then a visit to my cousin who had heart surgery last week and is making remarkable progress.

12Michael Tue 21-Feb-17 06:43:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just light but its been raining here overnight in Brackley but looks like another mild day, see the blackthorn is still in blossom a sign of more wintry weather to come.
Mick