Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Just saying hello

(8 Posts)
Karanlouise Tue 21-Feb-17 15:59:23

Hi, just saying hello as I'm new here. I'm not actually a grandparent but I'm over 50!! I live in Bournemouth Dorset. I love the sea, reading a good book and the country side. I look forward to meeting new people online. ☺

rosesarered Tue 21-Feb-17 16:08:43

Hi Karan and welcome to the forum.Also, try looking at the local section of Gransnet in case there is a real life meet up near you.I am in Oxfordshire, and have been to several meet ups, which have all been great.smile

ninathenana Tue 21-Feb-17 16:10:16

Hi and welcome smile there are others here who are not grandparents we have few men too. I too like living by the sea but in Kent.
The cafè is a good place to start, you might also like to introduce yourself on the newcomers thread.

Charleygirl Tue 21-Feb-17 16:12:51

Another thread where you will be very welcome is soop's kitchen. It may take a bit of getting used to because most of us "know" each other, including the name age and state of pets! Try it and see.

tanith Tue 21-Feb-17 16:14:19

Hi Karanlouise and welcome. I'm jealous Dorset is one of my favourite places to spend time. You'll find plenty to interest you around Gransnet.

Karanlouise Tue 21-Feb-17 16:37:29

Thanks everyone for your welcomes and advice about gransnet.
Ninathenana. I love Kent, I used to go there often when we lived in London.
Charleygirl. Thanks, will look at soops Kitchen.
Rosearered. Thanks, would be good to meet up with local people.
Tanith. I feel really privileged to live here, we lived in London until 2008 when we decided to move here and every day I,'m glad we made that decision.
Lovely to hear from you all. ☺

Badenkate Tue 21-Feb-17 16:44:10

Hi. We lived in Dorset for many years. First in Poole and then in Wareham. I still miss going to Studland with the dogs out of the tourist season - but I don't miss the crowds in the summer! Does Bournemouth still get all the teenagers learning English?

Karanlouise Tue 21-Feb-17 16:55:49

Hi Badenkate, we started off in Poole too. Not as many tennagers learning English now days as there isn't as much funding for them as there used to be. I know what you mean about the crowds in the summer, we try to find places the tourists don't know about. Love Studland and the Purbecks. ☺