Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Wed 22-Feb-17 06:50:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but dry at the moment here in Brackley , be interesting to see how much " Doris" will devastate later.
Mick

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Feb-17 06:58:32

Mick, morning All

The overnight rain is clearing nicely so hopefully it's going to be a nice day and I can get in the garden for a while before the wind fills in too much. It's a bit breezy now, but there's a couple of plants which need to be moved and I really feel in the mood for annoying the soil a bit.

ninathenana Wed 22-Feb-17 07:01:31

Morning all.
We' ve had a few spots of rain overnight now damp n dull.
H starts his one of his annual gardening jobs again today. Spring is on it's way.

kitty flowers

Nana3 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:54:21

Good morning everyone, dull and damp in Lancashire too.
Thinking of you this morning kitty if you read this flowers.
2dgd's coming for the day, busy, busy.
Have a good day all.

harrigran Wed 22-Feb-17 07:58:48

Good morning, it is dry at present but we have had gale force winds during the night and it will probably last until the rain starts tonight.

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Feb-17 08:10:26

Bang goes my gardening plans. It's persisting it down out there!

kittylester Wed 22-Feb-17 08:19:32

Morning all and thank you for all the kind wishes.

It's grey and wet in North Leicestershire but not actually raining at the moment.

As I'm the eldest, I'm in charge of arranging Mum's funeral etc so I will be busy, and bossy, today. grin

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone and batten (sp?) down the hatches.

Greyduster Wed 22-Feb-17 08:24:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and breezy is the description for South Yorkshire today. We are supposed to be walking, but I hate it when it's windy. Had a long telephone call with GS last night when he was telling me all about his day at Harry Potter World. It was, we gather, "epic"! Have a good day, people.

kitty flowers.

Rinouchka Wed 22-Feb-17 08:44:41

Good morning everyone and special thoughts and hugs for you, kitty.

Looks grey, damp and windy out there . Exercise, coffee with friends, then some desk work planned.

Yellow daffs in pewter jugs throughout my house are my attempts to cheer up the general grey look.

Pittcity Wed 22-Feb-17 08:58:19

Good morning from a grey, breezy Colchester. Looks like the rain is heading this way.
Usual Wednesday coffee with local gransnetters and others who have yet to be converted. DD2 and DGS2 are popping over this afternoon.

Much love Kitty

PRINTMISS Wed 22-Feb-17 09:10:43

Good morning to you all, a bit dull again here, although perhaps the sun will shine later on. Sad news for Kitty, we shall all be thinking of her, I think. We are off to the hospital this p.m. our daughter is taking us, trying to sort out the o.h. eye problems. I am going to ask her to go with him to the interview, as according to the o.h. I 'don't hear properly' possibly because I hear what is being said, and not what I want to hear, if you know what I mean. He won't argue with my daughter. Enjoy your days.

MawBroon Wed 22-Feb-17 09:14:24

Good morning everyone from N Bucks where it is a bit blowy but still fair.
Especial condolences to kittylester and the lester family on the loss of their mum/grandmum/great grandmum, , but also warm wishes and "Bon courage" to those with worries today.
Wishing us all as pleasant a day as possible flowers

Cherrytree59 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:19:41

Good morning all from a very wet Staffordshire

flowers condolences to Kitty and her family

whitewave Wed 22-Feb-17 09:20:35

Good morning everyone from the South Downs

Murky and breezy, but still mild. Two pied wagtails have been in the garden for days now and really tame. The male is a bit of a bully, but they are a pair I think.

Mulched and fed all the new shrubs and most of one side of the garden. Delighted to see a winter iris out -iris are one of my favourites I think. Starting to prune the roses and clematis. Pleased to see all the penstemon cuttings I took in the autumn are doing well -I shall replace the old woody ones with them. In flower are heathers, crocus, snowdrops, hellebore, daffodil, and iris.

Storm forecast, but not sure if we in the South are going to be hit.

Judthepud2 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:21:54

Good morning Mick and all. Severe weather warning out for us this evening so need to let damaged dog out in the garden for a good stagger round before it hits. She looks like a little drunk!

Daffodils coming out in abundance in our garden. Must cut some for the garden to cheer up the house. Love the spring smell.

Have a good day.

whitewave Wed 22-Feb-17 09:22:10

kitty I send my condolences, I would hope for such a peaceful end for my mum.

12Michael Wed 22-Feb-17 13:06:17

Found it nice move to the Gransnet café.
Mick