Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Fri 24-Feb-17 06:44:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light, with no wind at all here in Brackley, but its dry and maybe cold outside.
Mick

MawBroon Fri 24-Feb-17 07:04:13

Good morning Mick! Bright and chilly here in N Bucks and the wind has dropped.
Have a pleasant day everyone - delivering DH to MKH for another blood transfusion. hmm

ninathenana Fri 24-Feb-17 07:12:49

Morning Mick, Maw and everyone.

The wind has died down and it's dry with patches of blue sky, which is great as we are helping D and her SO move out today. The 4-5 days turned into 4 mths !!

Greyduster Fri 24-Feb-17 07:23:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is bright and sunny in South Yorkshire and the wind has dropped, but it isn't very cold. We have a gardening chap coming round early this morning to give us an estimate for taming our shrubbery. Then another one this afternoon. Apart from that, only internal domestic matters claiming my attention today. Have a good day, folks!

NfkDumpling Fri 24-Feb-17 07:32:03

Morning All

Dry, overcast and only a bit of a breeze in Norfolk this morning. The blackbirds are singing and squabbling and it feels springlike.

I'm off to art class this morning having not touched a brush since the last class before half term. At least classes make sure I make an effort occasionally! Then a friend is calling round on her way back from an induction for room guiding at Blickling Hall and we're going for lunch. I do hope it works out and she loves it as much as I do.

kittylester Fri 24-Feb-17 07:58:44

Morning all.

It's quite bright today in North Leicestershire after the wind and Rainow yesterday.

We are seeing the funeral director today but that is about all I have to do. I expect we'll find a pub for lunch afterwards.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Pittcity Fri 24-Feb-17 08:00:49

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Have been in the garden to put the cover back on the bbq and pick up a couple of plastic bags, the extent of Doris'devastation here. A block of flats just down the road lost it's roof so we got off lightly.
Colder but bright and dry today.
It's DH's birthday so we are out for a curry tonight.

Rinouchka Fri 24-Feb-17 08:05:25

Good morning everyone. Bright, still and sunny here. Looks like a lovely morning but I have to stay in for the plumber. Hope he comes before too long!

Enjoy the day wherever you are.

Anniebach Fri 24-Feb-17 08:30:53

Good morning from Mid Wales. Anyone like a camping weekend ? I have a tent in my garden, no idea where it came from , just blew in over a seven foot fence

Elegran Fri 24-Feb-17 08:34:10

Somewhere outside your seven-foot fence is a very cold wet camper who would just LOVE a camping holiday - but in a tent.

hildajenniJ Fri 24-Feb-17 08:36:00

Good morning everyone.
It's bright and sunny in the Tyne Valley. We didn't feel the effects of yesterday's storm here. There wasn't much wind, just rain. We've had our trees and bushes trimmed Greyduster, after having a letter from BT about them interfering with the wires that cross that end of our garden.
Have a good day everyone.

Nana3 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:36:52

Good morning everyone, it's bright and calm in Lancashire today. The empty dustbins were blowing everywhere yesterday so I did my good deed for the day and retrieved them all. Couldn't get any internet connection for most of the day.
Visiting Mum later, she'll probably be sleepy and unresponsive.
2dgc coming for their usual Friday sleepover, hurray.

Anniebach Fri 24-Feb-17 08:43:03

Good grief, the camper could still be in the tent , I didn't check it shock

Swanny Fri 24-Feb-17 08:46:46

Good morning all from N London. Sunshine sparkling over the roof of the house opposite at the moment, as though it's pleased to see the world again. Cold outside but yesterday's strong winds and rain have gone. Just waiting on a phone call to know if I've got a busy day or a quiet one. Take care everyone sunshine

rosesarered Fri 24-Feb-17 08:59:46

Morning to everyone, hope that you don't have any storm damage after yesterday
( and Doris sounds such a placid name doesn't it?!)
Calm and bright here, in fact a lovely day, very sunny.Some clearing up of twiggy branches to do, and DGS coming here this afternoon.

thatbags Fri 24-Feb-17 09:11:14

Morning, folks. Living with two depressed people is really hard and can feel rather overwhelming. I think I'd better go and bash a rhododendron hedge.

whitewave Fri 24-Feb-17 09:12:29

Good morning all

Sparkling morning with just a gentle breeze. Chilly though.

Skylarks in joyous voice. Pied wagtails still tripping around the garden, and arguing over the meal worms. Don't know why there is plenty for them in their place near the house where the starlings are too cowardly to venture.

Duncan the terrier has trashed a lovely fern trying to catch a frog. Frog duly rescued and popped over the fence out of harms way. Might kill the dog.

Mothers today to do jobs and shopping. She wants me to make soup.

I am actually feeling extremely jaded after my reaction to some wheat I ate in a licourice allsort last week. Stomach better but body not up to much with mouth ulcers and feeling shattered. Could sleep really. Never mind ever onwards!!

Enjoy Friday everyone

Karanlouise Fri 24-Feb-17 10:47:08

Good morning from Bournemouth, it's bright and sunny but chilly here. I'm getting over a flu type bug. Feel very tired. Hope everyone has a good day.