Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Feb-17 06:46:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with very little wind here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

Nana3 Mon 27-Feb-17 06:55:29

Good morning Mick, cold this morning in Lancashire. Hoping for a dry day though as we have a WI walk planned.
Hope everyone is feeling well or better, have a good day.

kittylester Mon 27-Feb-17 07:18:20

Good morning Mick, morning Nana3

It is quite grey in Suffolk and the sea is very choppy.

We are meeting up for lunch with some friends who also happen to be in Suffolk. But first - breakfast cooked by someone else!!

Enjoy your Mondays everyone!!

Pittcity Mon 27-Feb-17 07:44:31

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester. It's been raining overnight and is not forecast to stop all day.
Housework and walking netball today.

MawBroon Mon 27-Feb-17 07:48:23

Good morning everyone! It starte off quite bright here but is clouding over (as usual).

whitewave Mon 27-Feb-17 07:54:22

Morning all

Getting a little brighter I think but rain is forecast on and off all day.

Dog is frogging in the garden and driving me mad as he moves my tastefully placed rocks around and pulls at shrubs and stuff to get at the frogs which I then have to rescue and put out of harms way. If I bring him in he moans for hours to be let out. That's terriers for you - never give up.

Greyduster Mon 27-Feb-17 08:27:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Supposed to be wet today in South Yorkshire but so far it is bucking the trend. The sun is out. I expect we'll get the rain eventually. The tree man is coming shortly to tame our shrubbery. The laurel on its own is a good half days work. GS is here so we will have a full on day, and DH has walking footie this afternoon. Have a happy day folks.

Rinouchka Mon 27-Feb-17 08:41:48

Good morning everyone. Looks as if we will get sunshine and showers today.
Pilates first,then at home to await gasman who will fit new gas hobs to replace 24-year old ones. It has been a challenge to find something that fits the original opening!

Some desk work required at some part of the day after last weekend's conference.
Have a happy Monday, folks.

rosesarered Mon 27-Feb-17 08:44:40

Morning everyone, grey and lashing down with rain here in my little corner of Oxfordshire. Still coughing for the Olympic gold medal, so will have to miss the GN meet up today over in Swindon, which is a bummer, as the company and the cake there are so nice.
DH promises to do the food shopping later, he is the fastest shopper in the world, mainly because he usually forgets to take the list I have prepared and buys what he thinks is appropriate ( never enough!)

Anniebach Mon 27-Feb-17 08:57:23

Good morning from wet, windy, grey Mid Wales

Auntieflo Mon 27-Feb-17 09:06:47

Morning all from West Berks. It was raining earlier, but seems to have stopped now. Have got three lots of bedding to wash, as DS2 and family have been staying. But now all is peace and quiet smile

cornergran Mon 27-Feb-17 09:06:50

Morning All from a bright-ish corner of Somerset. Not much planned today other than the school run. Your post sums me up at the moment mawb, i start fhe day quite bright and then definitely cloud over smile. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Swanny Mon 27-Feb-17 09:39:17

Good morning everyone. The sun is trying to peep through grey cloud here in N London but I think it's a loser today. Lots of rain last night and more forecast all day. One sunny day after Doris last week and that's been it. Temperature likely to drop low again with frosts, wind and rain forecast all week. And it's such a long time till Easter sad And the sun has gone again already sad sad Think I'll go back to bed grin

((Hugs)) to all who need them and hope you all have a good day.

NfkDumpling Mon 27-Feb-17 10:44:51

Morning all

A grey, breezy day in Norfolk. But still dry, which is good as its market day and I've just put a child's bed mattress in the front garden with a Free sign on it. It's hardly been used as it was a visiting GC bed, but you can't sell them. Anyone want a small mattress?

Karanlouise Mon 27-Feb-17 10:53:12

Good morning everyone, wet, windy and grey here, not looking forward to going out. Hope everyone has a good day. smile

thatbags Mon 27-Feb-17 11:29:40

Morning, folks! Lovely sunny morning earlier so I got busy with stuff, especially as my weekly visit to a day caree centre knitting group was cancelled. I need to dig out some rushes but I'm having a wee break because it's raining. Just showers, hopefully.

nanasam Mon 27-Feb-17 11:38:53

Good morning all, from a very damp and bedraggled Swindon. It's been belting down with rain on and off all morning. It just stopped so DH has taken the dog out for a walk. We share the dog walking - he does the winter and I do the summer! Have a great week, all. Will miss you, rosesarered at our meetup but look forward to seeing you at the next one. smile