Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(23 Posts)
annodomini Wed 01-Mar-17 17:54:23

Too right, Ann60. My dentist is punctilious about giving me a quote so that there won't be any nasty surprises at the end of the procedure. His predecessor was less considerate!

DebnCreme Wed 01-Mar-17 17:40:05

Ooops Nfk sorry, eyes are giving up too x

DebnCreme Wed 01-Mar-17 17:36:13

Thank you so much NikD, nice to be back. I am having to re-learn everything and how it works. My scooter is only a slow pavement one and I do try to be aware of other pedestrians because I know how irritating scooters can be. I like the idea of BUGGER though ??

NfkDumpling Wed 01-Mar-17 15:04:37

Sorry to hear that DebnCreme. It's an awful thing Osteoarthritis, I have a couple of friends with it and it's horrible. Very depression making. There's a chap on our road who has it and drives past at full belt on his mobility scooter. (I think he must have souped it up a bit.) He has a large red sticker across the back which just says BUGGER!

Nice to see you back.

DebnCreme Wed 01-Mar-17 11:35:56

Good morning everyone. Long time (very long time) no speak but it seems my name is still here and there are a few other names I recognise. Have been poorly with Osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia which goes some way to explaining my moods when I left. I am now pretty well disabled, using crutches and a mobility scooter, but be warned, I still have my sense of humour. Have a nice day. ?

Karanlouise Wed 01-Mar-17 11:25:51

Good morning everyone, Happy St David's day to you all, have a good day. smile

whitewave Wed 01-Mar-17 10:31:24

Good morning all

rinouchka I'm hoping to see the Hockney exhibition later perhaps at the beginning if April. I'm very fond of his work.

Gales forecast this evening. Just finished spring cleaning the sitting room. Just the windows to clean and job done.

Need to nematod the hostas and delphiniums as I notice that they are beginning to move.

Just heard from friends daughter in Antigua who lives there with her husband. Could do with some of that sun!!!

Enjoy your day folks

ffinnochio Wed 01-Mar-17 10:23:32

A good morning to you all, from France. Another grey, wet and somewhat gloomy day, but all technical stuff now works thanks to Mr Ffin, and the snakes nests of wires accompanying all the stuff are now organised and understandable. smile

grannylyn65 Wed 01-Mar-17 10:15:20

Bright and sunny in Perth. Off to U3a Creative Writing class !

annsixty Wed 01-Mar-17 09:58:58

I know you are "private" anno but NHS is £225 so I think you should be prepared to take in washing!!!

annodomini Wed 01-Mar-17 09:55:21

Good morning all. It's s bit gloomy - but dry - here in North Cheshire. I'm heading to the dentist this morning. A filling fell out last week and this morning some of the tooth has crumbled on crunchy cereal. I fear that a crown will be proposed. £££££££!

Mildred Wed 01-Mar-17 09:14:04

Good morning all, sun is shining brightly on my very dirty windows! Husband has a conversational Italian class this morning, so going to do some sewing, possibly knitting cardigan for GD. Then down to see GD this afternoon. Rain is promised for today, I would like to prune the roses but think might wait until weekend. Minding both GC all day Saturday so gardening on Sunday might be relaxing.

harrigran Wed 01-Mar-17 09:10:58

Good morning, lovely bright, sunny morning here in the north east. Clear sky last night and still only 2 degrees but it looks like a day for a walk.
Happy St David's day.

PRINTMISS Wed 01-Mar-17 08:47:06

White Rabbits and good morning to you all. A little overcast here, and rain promised, but maybe that will pass us by, it usually does. Good news for the other half yesterday, although his PSA had risen over the past few years, not a great problem, but I think perhaps if he was 40 years younger that might not be the case. Count our lucky stars. Enjoy your days.

Anniebach Wed 01-Mar-17 08:42:11

Bore da from Mid Wales

Greyduster Wed 01-Mar-17 08:30:24

Good morning Michael and all GNs. We are promised a dry day, so something outdoors is on the cards, if I can summon up the enthusiasm. I have been awake, off and on, since four o'clock. Have a good day, folks.

Rinouchka Wed 01-Mar-17 08:30:23

Good morning and Happy St. David's Day(although it is also Ash Wednesday, and a somber day of reflection).

Sunny and bright here with a clear, bright light.
Classes for me this morning, the Tate for the Hockney Exhibition this afternoon, Zumba early evening, followed by ashes on forehead at mass afterwards.

Unusual mixture of fun and sobriety.
Enjoy the day, everyone!

thatbags Wed 01-Mar-17 08:11:26

It's a chilly one here again after a clear night. Bit cloudy now but we are due some sunshine, I think. Might need three pairs of gloves on for my hedge bashing today.

NfkDumpling Wed 01-Mar-17 07:53:44

Morning All

A lovely bright, sunny spring morning here in Norfolk. A bit of high cloud though so I don't know how long it'll last. I surfaced yesterday from a stonking two day headache in time to enjoy a dinner with friends although I couldn't eat much.

This morning I'm off for a short back and sides to last until after my knee op. And catch up on the heap of washing I should have tackled two days ago.

Happy St David's Day. The daffy's in our garden are coming into bloom wonderfully and British Summer Time is in view. I love spring!

Pittcity Wed 01-Mar-17 07:42:50

Good morning and Happy St David's Day from a grey skied Colchester.
Usual Wednesday ladies coffee morning. Rain forecast for later.

MawBroon Wed 01-Mar-17 06:57:18

Good morning Mick! After a shocking night of heavy rain and wind it looks a lot calmer today.
Happy St David's Day to all our Welsh gran(dad)s! ? (closest I could get to a daffodil!)!

ninathenana Wed 01-Mar-17 06:56:08

Morning Mick and everyone.
I've been awake since 5.30 a.m, I'm still in bed though. It's good to see day light at 6.30 am. Peeped out and it's grey and still, forecast is heavy rain later.

12Michael Wed 01-Mar-17 06:44:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its bright here in Brackley this morning, cold as well.
Mick