Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Mar-17 06:42:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but grey this morning in Brackley plus we have some wind as well.
Mick

ffinnochio Thu 02-Mar-17 07:40:25

Bonjour Mick. A light and clear rain washed morning. I'll be making a start on a new gravel garden, cutting back old and woody herbs and planting some fresh.

Rinouchka Thu 02-Mar-17 07:43:16

Good morning, Mick and others to follow. Very early start on a cold day for me as attending meeting in central London today.
Later in the day, am meeting friends and ex-colleagues to celebrate the life and friendship of a very dear person who died 5 years ago this week.
Friendship is an unbreakable bond. daffodil

NfkDumpling Thu 02-Mar-17 07:48:51

Morning All

In Norfolk we have a bright morning at present after obviously heavy overnight rain. Grey clouds on the horizon. I'm off to have pre-op tests this morning. Getting the jitters now. I was so pleased at the thought of getting a new knee, but now I'm realising how fond I am of the present one!

Nana3 Thu 02-Mar-17 07:56:51

Good morning. It's bright again in Lancashire but I'm guessing there'll be more wintery showers like yesterday. Wrap up warm.
NfkDumpling best of luck.
Visiting Mum and house clearing for me. Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Thu 02-Mar-17 08:02:28

Good morning, gale force winds here and only 1 degree. A day for catching up on paperwork and TV recordings I think.

Greyduster Thu 02-Mar-17 08:03:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very cold in South Yorkshire, but no rain forecast until later. We have to pick up a filing cabilnet today and hope that it will fit into our car (fingers crossed for Honda's magic seat system!). Then we will call in for a cup of coffee with DD. Chin up, NfkD. Just think how much better your mobility will be with the new knee. Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Thu 02-Mar-17 08:03:36

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester.
Waiting for DH to get up to find out if there are plans for today. I went a bit mad in the spring sales yesterday so I have some returns to make. I never try on in shops!
You'll be fine nfk and I'm looking forward to a jog round Norwich next time we meet wink

MawBroon Thu 02-Mar-17 08:24:00

Good morning from a bright but blustery N Bucks. But of a lively night, it must be that thing of "March coming in like a lion"!
DH's blood test again and then I am going to a 70th birthday lunch for one of my book club friends. The landmark birthdays are rolling in thick and fast!!

ninathenana Thu 02-Mar-17 08:27:14

Morning all.
A windy day here in N Kent. There are a few patches of blue amongst the clouds but we are forecast heavy rain later. Nothing planned, just a bit of pottering.
Have a good day everyone.

thatbags Thu 02-Mar-17 08:31:41

Cold and sunny, just how I like it unless I have to drive anywhere ☀️❄️
Minibags is more relaxed than she has been for a while because Higher project deadlines have been met and now "all" she has to do is revise. Phew! I say.

Hedge bashing will probably continue, slowly as usual, today as I fight off common cold bug number something very large—in the thirties at least since late summer; lost count; it only matters cos it wrecks my energy levels. Bloody ME and fibromyalgia! Just as well I like having naps ?

Happy days, dudes!

Mildred Thu 02-Mar-17 08:41:19

Good morning all, grey and looks like rain, GD (3) coming down, she was bouncing on the sofa (at home) on Tuesday, Dad supervising and she landed awkwardly and hurt her wrist, visit to drop in and she has bent her wrist, has a brace that she doesn't want to wear, coming down to spend the day with Granny. We usually bake so I reckon that will be out.

Anniebach Thu 02-Mar-17 08:42:01

Good morning all. No change in weather here, wind has calmed but still grey , cold and raining

PRINTMISS Thu 02-Mar-17 08:42:37

Good morning to you all from a brilliant coast, cloudless blue sky, although I suspect it is chilly out there. Had a good day yesterday, the o.h. decided he felt like driving, so we visited the bowls club and as there was a mat empty, he did a few ends of bowling, not fantastic, but he did enjoy it. The fact that nothing needs to be done about the rise in his pSA levels, and the activity yesterday morning, have made all the difference to him for a little while. Good to see. Enjoy your days.

cornergran Thu 02-Mar-17 08:54:09

Morning All. Bright and breezy (very) in our corner of Somerset. Need to motivate myself, have done very little for two weeks but the outstanding jobs are now shouting to be done. Best get out of bed then smile. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Nelliemoser Thu 02-Mar-17 08:58:57

Good morning all. It has been pissing down all night and still pissing down this morning. There is some sleet as well I can tell by the blotchy look on the windows.
Not a day for going out here in Cheshire.
I CBA to paddle out to bring the recycling bins into the back garden. YUK

whitewave Thu 02-Mar-17 09:54:49

Good morning.

Glorious clear day but windy and chilly on the South Downs. Off to a National Trust later today, walk and lunch. Probably Sheffield Park.

rinouchka nearly a week since my friend died. Have a good rememberance. Life goes on and so quickly doesn't it?