Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sat 04-Mar-17 06:47:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its daylight ,very little wind and looks like a mild day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sat 04-Mar-17 07:05:03

Morning Mick, morning All

Grey, still and 10C in the north of Norfolk this morning. And the garden looks very soggy.

I'm supposed to be helping on a tombola stall in town this morning but I seem to be developing the horrible head cold DH had last week. Not sure I should be there really to spread my germs, but I feel ok at the moment. Shall I be generous?!

thatbags Sat 04-Mar-17 07:16:11

Morning, Mick and nfk and all who follow. Off out within an hour on a walk with two other grans and a great gran. Bit of train travel first to get to the start. Pouring down here but it looks as if the rain will ease off by the time we start walking. Here's hoping!

Happy days, dudes!

Nana3 Sat 04-Mar-17 07:30:33

Good morning all. It rained in the afternoon and evening yesterday. It'll probably be the same today. Shame as we're taking our motor home away for the night for a bit of a practise to learn how everything works.
2dgc here at the moment, one up and waiting for his pancakes.
Have a good time on your walk bags and a good Saturday everyone.

kittylester Sat 04-Mar-17 07:31:26

Good morning all!

It is bright and calm in North Leicestershire at the moment but the forecast is for more rain - hope it holds off until I've been to the village.

Enjoy your days everyone, whatever you are doing! sunshine

MawBroon Sat 04-Mar-17 07:32:16

Good morning Mick and everyone!
It's stopped raining and is looking brighter. I may yet attack the garden if it stays fine.

Greyduster Sat 04-Mar-17 07:49:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Uniformally grey in South Yorkshire this morning, but dry. For the moment anyway. We are off to watch GS run a cross country this morning, so we will be out early. Some baking this afternoon. Fingers crossed it will be dry for your walk, bags. Have a good day, folks.

grannylyn65 Sat 04-Mar-17 07:59:21

Dull and raining in Perth

Mildred Sat 04-Mar-17 08:03:34

Wet here in Liverpool but looks like it might clear up, GC (2) coming down today while Mum and Dad go to a wedding, it will be a long day. May the sun shine on all of us so we can get out and about.

Rinouchka Sat 04-Mar-17 08:04:53

Good morning, Mick and ladies. After a night of pelting rain, all seems calm now, albeit grey.
Hope your cold does not progress, nfk to the full-blown sort. Enjoy your walk,thatbags . Pilates, food shopping, then a working Saturday for me.

Anniebach Sat 04-Mar-17 08:19:57

Good morning from Mid Wales, bright sky, calm, and heavy rain forecast for later today

harrigran Sat 04-Mar-17 08:48:09

Good morning, everything is soggy and wet after heavy rain and then fog last night.
New neighbours put a mountain of cardboard boxes on the pavement thinking the binmen would remove them, wrong, and now they are soaked and an eyesore. How difficult is it to flatten the cardboard and put in recycling ?

rosesarered Sat 04-Mar-17 08:52:45

Morning everyone, a lovely bright morning here after the rain yesterday.Having a restful morning followed by going into town after lunch to buy a clutch of birthday cards.We have about ten birthdays coming up!Garden looks lovely with the Spring bulbs bursting through, dwarf narcissi and croci.

Pittcity Sat 04-Mar-17 08:56:43

Good morning from a damp and dismal Colchester. Decorating the spare room commences today. I expect we shall spend more time out buying supplies than actually working.

whitewave Sat 04-Mar-17 09:02:28

Good morning all and enjoy your day whatever you do everyone.

Calm and bright here on South Downs, so out into the garden for me. It is very wet at had a quick thunderstorm in the night and torrential rain.

Will finish top dressing roses and shrubs. Feed herbaceous. General sweep and tidy up. Noticed some glorious iris unguicularis and iris lazica both out at the same time, when wondering around this morning with a cup of tea. They really are my favourite plant. Will also try to repair some damage inflicted by my terrier in his search for frogs.
Scallop stir fry for dinner tonight.

Have an excellent day everyone

PRINTMISS Sat 04-Mar-17 09:06:34

Good morning to you all, it is bright again here on the south east coast, but we are having intermittent showers all of which is making the weeds grow, and I can't do as much as I used to. Should stop complaining really, I am luckier than a lot of folk. Shopping today and washing. Enjoy your days.