Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Mar-17 06:29:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its nice and dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

Nana3 Sun 05-Mar-17 06:50:33

Good morning Mick and everyone, it's bright and dry in Lancashire too. We seem to have dry days and wet evenings. We came home early from our motor home trip, whimps.
Visiting Mum this afternoon.
Hope you all have a good day.

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Mar-17 07:17:13

Morning All

Bright with a bit of a breeze here in Norfolk. Drying up nicely - before the next band of rain gets here.

Nothing planned today so may get out in the garden for a while and annoy the soil a bit. It may help clear my head - I'm definitely incubating the head cold DH had last week.

Anya Sun 05-Mar-17 07:29:30

Morning folks. Dull and grey here. Gone back to bed with a cuppa.

12Michael Sun 05-Mar-17 07:43:58

Its raining here now in Brackley set fore the day?
Mick

kittylester Sun 05-Mar-17 07:46:47

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it's a bit iffy looking!

I should have gardened yesterday but caught up on missed television instead. I won't be gardening today either as I'm going clothes shopping for Mum's funeral. Suggestions welcome!

Greyduster Sun 05-Mar-17 07:50:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is quite a bright start in South Yorkshire, but a weather forecast I just looked at says "rain in 92 minutes"! Exactly 92 minutes? We are off to watch the boy play football this morning. Supposed to be a home match but their pitch is unplayable so we are at the mercy of the satnav as we head off into bandit country to find the opposition. Chicken curry for lunch today, made and ready to go. Have a good day, folks.

ninathenana Sun 05-Mar-17 07:55:18

Morning all.
Dull and windy in N Kent. They have been forecasting heavy rain here for the past three days. We've had a few showers but that's it. I wonder if today is the day.

kitty if the order of the day is black do add a touch of colour somewhere and comfortable shoes. If not purple is a good choice IMHO. I hope it's not to fraught a trip.

cornergran Sun 05-Mar-17 08:05:59

Morning All. Pouring and windy. Yuck. I tend to opt for grey with a bit of pale blue or pink for funerals unless black is requested kitty, but I think the best advice is to go for what you feel comfortable in. It helps to get through the day.

harrigran Sun 05-Mar-17 08:12:08

Good morning, dry and bright and 4 degrees.
Visiting the GC this afternoon, always interesting as they have such busy lives.

thatbags Sun 05-Mar-17 08:19:21

Misty good morning, folks! It was a muddy but delightful and rain free walk yesterday. Today I'll brush off my muddy breeks before washing them, and give my boots a good clean too once they are dry. And rest.

Pittcity Sun 05-Mar-17 08:30:30

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Rain is expected today.
A bit of ironing before extra Walking Netball practice this afternoon. We've got a friendly match and a tournament this month and we are very much beginners!

I'd go along the comfort route kitty and you'll need layers at this time of year.

whitewave Sun 05-Mar-17 08:36:55

Morning all

Wet and windy on South Downs.

I'm just recovering from spending time in A&E yesterday with DH.

Today will be little doing but walking the dog and preparing roast lamb.

Have a good day everyone

ninathenana Sun 05-Mar-17 08:37:15

The wind has picked up and it's now pouring

Anniebach Sun 05-Mar-17 08:37:45

Good morning from Mid Wales. No idea if it's raining , still in bed

PRINTMISS Sun 05-Mar-17 08:42:52

Good morning to you all from a very wet coast, and I believe it is set to be this way for the rest of the day. Nothing quite like an English seaside resort on a wet day! Our son is coming to lunch today, which will be really exciting as we shall be watching "Mrs. Browns Boys" videos for about 3 hours -I just can't wait. It also means there will be no left overs for tomorrow. Enjoy your days.

Mildred Sun 05-Mar-17 08:51:05

Good morning all, raining and grey in Liverpool, minded the GC yesterday while their parents went to a wedding, exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally.

Rinouchka Sun 05-Mar-17 09:04:34

Good morning, Mick and ladies. Looks grey and windy out. A quiet Sunday planned with lots of skyping.
whitewave hope your dh is ok.

ffinnochio Sun 05-Mar-17 09:42:53

Good morning to all from a grey and wet France. Friends for lunch today, so have been busy in the kitchen. Later, family get together via FaceTime. Perfect Sunday smile

Swanny Sun 05-Mar-17 10:26:19

Good morning Mick and everyone else. Rain earlier here in N London but the sun is gaining in strength now so it could be one of those 'sunny intervals' days. Nice lazy day ahead, once I've cleared a pile of ironing smile

jenn Sun 05-Mar-17 11:01:04

Good morning from Manchester. No rain at the moment but it has been and looks likely again!! I dream of the day when I can walk the dog without needing to remove a ton of mud from him and I can collect my horse from the field without fearing losing my boots, but not today. So another mud day.

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Mar-17 12:24:24

Love this thread. Thanks to all of you, I knew the forecast was right and rain was on the way. Got out in the garden, moved the irises which had got too big, and got them in and positioned nicely just as the rain reached here. No watering in required!