Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Thu 09-Mar-17 06:43:22

Good Morning Everybody,
Its dry but grey here in Brackley at the present moment this morning.
Mick

Marydoll Thu 09-Mar-17 22:09:35

Thanks Edinburgh grans. You look a lovely bunch smile I will keep an eye out for future meet ups.

thatbags Thu 09-Mar-17 22:06:19

Yes, do come along to the next one, marydoll. baubles came to one (in Glasgow I think; she'll correct me if not smile) very soon after she'd joined Gransnet and she has never regretted it.

Seven of us had a lovely time today and I also had lunch with DD2 who is at a launching pad point in her career after much hard work and extra training so all is excitement on that score.

Pittcity Thu 09-Mar-17 16:52:36

Do go Marydoll. There are regular Edinburgh meetups and I have travelled up to a couple and had a great time.
All gransnetters are lovely welcoming people.

Karanlouise Thu 09-Mar-17 11:09:34

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining, birds are tweeting here in Dorset. I hope everyone has a lovely day. smilesunshine

ffinnochio Thu 09-Mar-17 10:49:48

Good morning to all, from France. A calm, light start to the day. Perfect for walking (already back) and gardening.

Marydoll you won't need courage for an Edinburgh meet up. An easy going, lovely bunch of folk.

Hope you have a lovely day, B

Marydoll Thu 09-Mar-17 10:37:12

Thanks thatbags Edinburgh one would have been nice. However, I may need to pluck up courage to go.

KatyK Thu 09-Mar-17 10:32:33

We have beautiful sunshine here in the West Midlands smile

rosesarered Thu 09-Mar-17 09:26:08

Good morning to all.Another sunny day here, hurrah! Am putting out new solar lights in the garden today, doing a food shop......and very little else (nice.)smile

thatbags Thu 09-Mar-17 09:22:24

Hi, marydoll! For info about meetups go to "Gransnet Forums" at the top of a thread, click on it, and you'll get a list. In the list there is one called "Meetups". I hope you find one or two near you. They're great fun smile

cornergran Thu 09-Mar-17 09:21:55

Morning All. Bright and sunny so I can forgive the chilly temperatures. Not much planned today other than a food shop at some point. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Anniebach Thu 09-Mar-17 08:57:06

Good morning all from Mid Wales

PRINTMISS Thu 09-Mar-17 08:49:22

Good morning to you all, it is bright here, and a fine day promised, so washing on the line, how lovely to be able to hang it out, it smells so fresh. Hope your cold gets better Nfk. Enjoy your days.

harrigran Thu 09-Mar-17 08:36:56

Good morning, it is sunny and bright here, 8 degrees but with gale force winds. I am not going out today, way too chewie grin

Nana3 Thu 09-Mar-17 08:31:04

Good morning all. Lovely blue skies in Lancashire.
I have a cold, it's such a nuisance.
Have a great meet up bags in beautiful Edinburgh.
whitewave how did your DH get on at the hospital? I can't imagine life without my OH driving he enjoys it so much.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Thu 09-Mar-17 08:28:23

Scottish grans meeting in Edinburgh, I hope you have a lovely time. How does a new gransnetter find out about these meet ups?

Rinouchka Thu 09-Mar-17 08:26:07

Good morning everyone. Looks as of it will be a good Spring day here.
Hope you shift the cold, nfk and that all other colds, coughs and other univited lurgies invading anyone else get cleared. thatbags, I am also having the new test in April as my mother had glaucoma and macular degeneration. Hopeful advances.
Marydoll buy yourselves some new clothes at the airport or in Spain!
Off to morning meetings in town. Enjoy the day!

MawBroon Thu 09-Mar-17 08:24:32

Good morning Mick and everyone and what a bright sunny one it is too! Has Spring Sprung?? The birds are singing their little hearts out smile
Wishing you all a pleasant day, especially the Scottish Grans meeting up in Edinburgh sad Maybe another year.

thatbags Thu 09-Mar-17 08:09:23

Morning, folks! I'm looking forward to our meetup in Edinburgh. Meeting DD for a while beforehand too so it'll be a lovely day. It seems to be a lovely day weatherwise—always a bonus.

Had my annual eye test yesterday, which I've been having since my mum was diagnosed with glaucoma (as well as macular degeneration). I had a new type of eye scan that will be repeated in a few years' time to detect changes so they can hopefully diagnose glaucoma, if it occurs, as early as possible. It's a new technology and the optician seemed v excited about it, which was lovely to see.

Happy days, dudes.

Marydoll Thu 09-Mar-17 08:01:10

Good morning all. Sun shining here in Renfrewshire, but a strong breeze. It doesn't look too warm, but the sky is a lovely shade of blue. Off to Spain in the morning on a very last minute holiday. Unexpected break from baby minding, so grabbing the opportunity.
I have realised my summer clothes are up in the loft and there is no way to get up there.
I will be the only person there in a woolly jumper and boots. Help!
Have a good day everyone. Hope the cold goes and test results are OK.

Greyduster Thu 09-Mar-17 08:00:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny here today, but cold. My oldest friend is coming to lunch today. On a day like this we would usually have a walk afterward but she is not well these days and can't walk very far. But we have not seen each other since New Year, so there will be plenty to talk about. Have a good day, everyone.

ninathenana Thu 09-Mar-17 07:31:47

Morning all
Forecast is for dry weather but there is some large dark clouds out there.
H is still banished to the spare room as he has "the cough" he's sounding like he's on 40 a day but hasn't smoked for 40 yrs grin

NfkDumpling Thu 09-Mar-17 07:14:45

Thanks Kitty. I think you two need more than tea. wine wine

kittylester Thu 09-Mar-17 07:07:53

Morning Pitt.

kittylester Thu 09-Mar-17 07:03:27

Morning Mick, morning Nfk, morning all.

It's really bright in North Leicestershire but it is also quite cold. Sainsbury's this morning for me then out for a cup of tea with a friend. She's supporting me because mum died and I'm supporting her as her husband gets some test results tomorrow - well, that's our excuse!! grin

Take care Nfk and get rid of that cold quick. brew

Pittcity Thu 09-Mar-17 06:56:39

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Due some sun and 14 degrees today.
DGS3 arriving any minute for the day. We are visiting MIL as it is her 93rd birthday.