Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(20 Posts)
Karanlouise Fri 10-Mar-17 11:14:57

Good morning everyone, grey and foggy here in Dorset. Nothing exciting planned today, just pottering with a bit of housework and shopping for makeup for a wedding tomorrow. Hope everyone has a lovely day. smile

Nana3 Fri 10-Mar-17 09:08:42

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's looking a bit grey at the moment in Lancashire. I plan to potter at home as I have a cold. DD is going to visit Mum.
Hope you all enjoy your day.

PRINTMISS Fri 10-Mar-17 09:07:29

Good morning to you all, bright but overcast - I think it can be both at once, well it is here! Ache a little after my gardening yesterday, but at least one border looks presentable, so worth the effort. Not a lot planned today, might pop up to the bowls club to have a chat, not able to play yet (might sneak a couple of ends in!). Harri sometimes seeing a doctor who does not know you is a good move, fresh start all round. Enjoy your days.

harrigran Fri 10-Mar-17 08:46:31

Good morning, grey and a little cooler here today.
Appointment with GP this afternoon, have had phone calls and letters urging me to see Dr but it has taken two weeks to find me an appointment and it is with a Dr I have never seen before.

NfkDumpling Fri 10-Mar-17 08:42:51

Morning All from a grey, but dry Norfolk. And commiserations to all others with colds. I've cancelled by stint at local NT Stately Pile as I don't think my throat can cope with chatting today. And us guides do chat! Sooo, it's off to pick up our caravan from storage and bring it home for DH to check over and clean. We're off on our first jaunt of the year next week.

whitewave Fri 10-Mar-17 08:37:09

Good morning everyone.

Misty and still today after yesterday of glorious warm sun. Will tie in all climbers and clip back any necessary this morning. This afternoon it's mums. Decided to have an easy dinner from Marks - probably cooked salmon with prepared vegetables.

Making plans for summer pots so might go to garden centre over the weekend and purchase some little plug plants to bring them on. Front door pots I've decided on pink regal pelargoniums with a spider plant and trailing lobelia.

Greyduster Fri 10-Mar-17 08:15:34

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey skies today in South Yorkshire, after yesterday's sunshine, but it is dry. We will probably have a short(ish) walk to the pub today for some lunch, and then try and getting on with the gardening. I am having my usual morning sneezing fit at the moment which usually lasts about ten minutes! Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Fri 10-Mar-17 07:47:52

Good morning from a brightening Colchester.
I have caught cold from DGS, always the way!
Finally finishing off decoration of spare room today, then we need to buy a new bed and some curtains.

thatbags Fri 10-Mar-17 07:45:21

Morning, folks! Soft, grey and damp after yesterday. Hey ho! A slow day today, I think, as I appear to be extra tired after my trek to Edinburgh yesterday. It's the sitting on trains that's tiring, not the chatting to offspring and friends! It shall be a rake around in the freezer day to put off grocery shopping for another day or two!

Happy days, dudes!

MawBroon Fri 10-Mar-17 07:44:23

Good morning Mick and everyone! Bright here in N Bucks but I believe yesterday's gorgeous sunshine weather might be turning a few degrees colder.
Have a pleasant day all!

Mildred Fri 10-Mar-17 07:36:18

Good morning all, grey skies and damp in Merseyside but sun and blue skies promised for later. Food shopping today, full of cold fingers crossed, we don't catch it.

Rinouchka Fri 10-Mar-17 07:25:37

And ff.. And the rest!

Rinouchka Fri 10-Mar-17 07:24:52

Morning kitty + corner

ffinnochio Fri 10-Mar-17 07:24:35

Good morning to all, from France. As with Mick, it's a grey, bright and mild morning. Perfect for another day of gardening, but my back is a wee tight after yesterday! Walking it out and stretching exercises will sort it.

Later, my yearly fitting for new insoles. Always a pleasure for pain free feet.

Go well with your day, one and all.

Rinouchka Fri 10-Mar-17 07:24:01

Good morning, Mick, nina + all others yet to rise. Grey and mild but it doesn't matter. Love being alive: birds are chirping, daffodils shyly nodding their yellowness, our chubby resident robin perched on the blue cast iron garden chair. Enjoy the day everyone!

kittylester Fri 10-Mar-17 07:18:07

Morning, cornersmile

kittylester Fri 10-Mar-17 07:17:18

Morning Mick, morning Nina, morning all!

It's fairly bright now in North Leicestershire following a fabulous, pink streaked sky at about 6 o'clock.

Up early for a trip to the other side of Leicestershire this morning and then back home for a sit down, I think.

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine.

cornergran Fri 10-Mar-17 07:16:59

Morning All. No blue skies here, it's grey in our corner of Somerset but fairly mild. Cleaning today, then a parcel pickup. Nothing exciting. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Fri 10-Mar-17 06:59:38

Morning Mick and everyone
Blue sky and sunshine in N Kent. It puts a smile on my face to see the sun.

12Michael Fri 10-Mar-17 06:37:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but bright and mild outside this morning, we are lucky my niece in Montana , Canada are being hit with heavy snow making travel hard.
Mick