Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(19 Posts)
Karanlouise Wed 15-Mar-17 11:25:30

Good morning everyone, weather the same here rosesarered, so it does make sense. Hope all goes well tomorrow Kitty. Have a good day everyone. smile

rosesarered Wed 15-Mar-17 09:49:51

Good morning all from a grey but bright( if that makes sense) Oxfordshire.Will go out later, as DH is working, to M&S as I have a voucher to spend ( rubs hands gleefully)and later will be looking after DGS1.Have a good day?

NfkDumpling Wed 15-Mar-17 09:42:49

Morning All

From warm sunny beautiful Sandringham (camp site!). A beautiful day for driving to Norwich for a blood test! Still not grumbling the last two days have been lovely and sunny too, despite the cloudy forecast.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Kitty. flowers

harrigran Wed 15-Mar-17 09:00:35

Good morning, grey and cool today and less than half the temperature at the same time yesterday.
DH's aunt's funeral this morning, as far as I can gather there is no wake after so it will not take long.
I have a voucher for a stay in an upmarket Lakes hotel so going to try and get a night away, not been away from home for 18 months.

PRINTMISS Wed 15-Mar-17 08:34:45

Good morning to you all, it is bright here, the sun is trying really hard to break through the low cloud. I had a lovely birthday yesterday thank you all for your good wishes, our son's helper also said she had made arrangements for us to have Mothering Sunday Lunch with him, he said he would like that, so something else to look forward to in my personal very busy March. Enjoy your days.

Anniebach Wed 15-Mar-17 08:30:13

Good morning all from cloudy Mid Wales, we have some chance of sunshine later today

Pittcity Wed 15-Mar-17 08:28:51

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Regular Wednesday coffee morning. Our group of ladies (several are gransnetters) has grown so we split between two town centre cafés now.

Mildred Wed 15-Mar-17 08:23:38

Good morning michael and all, not bad today, off to mind GD and then pick GS up from school, might have an ice cream in the park.

Stansgran Wed 15-Mar-17 08:22:28

No sun just grey . Still nursing aching knees after venice and taking things easy. Going to try to change broadband providers today. Pray for me .

Greyduster Wed 15-Mar-17 08:08:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A sunny morning in prospect then cloudy this afternoon. I am planning a few hours fishing this afternoon - first outing of the new season. Not expecting a lot as it usually takes me a couple of sessions to get my fishing mojo back after the winter, but it will be nice to be out again. The water I am going to is fairly small but very pretty. Have a good day, folks, whatever you have planned.

Marydoll Wed 15-Mar-17 08:02:35

Morning all from Renfrewshire. Damp here, but sun is trying to break through the clouds. Busy day ahead, Off to sort out paperwork for new car (probably my last one ever) and them home to do some baking. We have GDS tomorrow, so need to make her favourite fruit loaf.
Have a good day all.

kittylester Wed 15-Mar-17 07:56:47

Morning all from a sunnyish North Leicestershire.

I think I misled you yesterday - Mum's funeral is tomorrow - so I'm still worrying about what to wear. grin

Nelliemoser Wed 15-Mar-17 07:41:03

Good morning all! Sunny here in Cheshire. I haven't been outside yet though.
I have a couple of large bags of topsoil due to arrive today I just hope my gardener arrives on Saturday to deal with it.

whitewave Wed 15-Mar-17 07:40:40

Morning all

Sunny start on South Downs. Start tidying the front garden today. Thentop up all the pots with fresh compost in the garden. I have a wisteria that I am attempting to grow into a standard - no flowers yet though which is a pain. I fed it phosphate earlier on hope that kick starts them!!

Enjoy your day

Rinouchka Wed 15-Mar-17 07:25:12

Good morning, Mick, Nana, Nina and all others from sunny France. Forecast promises 20 degrees by afternoon. Work day for us, however, but in nice setting!

Beautiful botanic walk yesterday foraging all kinds of wonderful plants: wild asparagus, wild rocket, Venus's navel plants( navelwort) to put in salad. Having breakfast coffee near jug full of the fragrant white flowers of the wild rocket. They grow in between the vines here and create symmetrical rows of white buds and still bare vines.

Thought of kitty yesterday. Hope the funeral went well and was a fitting end of one of life's chapters.

Have a good day one and all.

cornergran Wed 15-Mar-17 07:16:33

Morning All. Another cloudy start in our corner of Somerset. Just heard there is a motorway accident on our route to go to a hospital appointment with a friend this morning. Will add an hour. Oh well, off we go. Should have enough time, hope we do. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Wed 15-Mar-17 06:58:56

Morning Mick , Nana and everyone

Low mist over the marshes and eerily still here in N Kent. It looks like the setting of a Dicken' s novel. The sun is trying though.
No real plans today, enjoy whatever your doing.

Nana3 Wed 15-Mar-17 06:53:18

Good morning Mick and everyone. The weather in Lancashire is looking promising.
Busy day with DGD, full steam ahead.
Seeing friends this evening too. Wonderful.
Hope you all have a very good day.

12Michael Wed 15-Mar-17 06:46:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking a bit chilly out this morning with early morning fog/mist here in Brackley.
Mick