Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(22 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 16-Mar-17 10:10:00

Good morning from the south east. What a scorcher yesterday, well for mid March it was. Off to lovely Petersfield, Hampshire today for lunch, hopefully it will be warm if not as sunny as yesterday.

whitewave Thu 16-Mar-17 10:05:14

Good morning all

Thinking of you kitty - my dearest friends funeral is tomorrow- be glad when it is over.

Also have a break next week which will help.

Just finished doing a bit more clearing the front garden and have come in to phone Mum and have coffee.

Lovely day again. Spent yesterday sun bathing -the most beautiful day.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 16-Mar-17 08:31:31

Good morning all, cloudy here today. , Kitty X

PRINTMISS Thu 16-Mar-17 08:29:48

Good morning to you all, a bit misty here, think it might stay for the day after a beautiful day yesterday, we can't have everything! Thinking of you Kitty take care.

hildajenniJ Thu 16-Mar-17 08:28:51

Good morning everyone.
I hope today goes as well as it can kitty. I'll be thinking of you.
It's a rather cloudy morning in the Tyne Valley, looks like it might rain. DH has put the heating and hot water off, so I'm hoping the Plummer is coming. He didn't say anything about the boiler yesterday, so I'm being hopeful. A date was agreed in January, but that didn't go to plan, as the Plummer's brother got a big building contract in Edinburgh. Ah well, new boiler might be in the offing.
Have a good day everyone.

Swanny Thu 16-Mar-17 08:24:08

Good morning Mick and all. Just checked the weather forecast and its supposed to be cloudy all day here in N London but the sun is shining through my front windows at the moment.

Good luck at the netball Pitt and hope all goes well for you too kitty Enjoy a wine afterwards (((hugs)))

Pittcity Thu 16-Mar-17 08:14:16

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The lovely weather's not going to last though.
I am off to Clacton this morning to play Walking Netball against the Clacton team, followed by a team lunch.

Thinking of you Kitty and hope you all have a good day.

harrigran Thu 16-Mar-17 08:09:30

Good morning, it is overcast but I can see some sun in the distance. I am sitting in my hotel room on the very edge of Ullswater and it is beautiful.
Thinking of you today kitty flowers

Greyduster Thu 16-Mar-17 08:06:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Enjoy Motown Mick! A fine day again in South Yorkshire; domestics for me today, after yesterday's loafing about at the fishing lake. I did manage to catch one so it wasn't entirely wasted!
kitty I hope things go well today. flowers. You will be glad to get it over, I'm sure.
Have a good day, folks.

Rinouchka Thu 16-Mar-17 08:03:12

Good morning everyone. Warm, sunny Spring day here with clear blue skies but some wind. The heaths (garrigues) are covered in Spring flowers. Working day again for us but some pleasurable walks still planned just to drink up the beauty of it all.

Thinking of you, kitty on this rite of passage day. flowers

Marydoll Thu 16-Mar-17 07:43:56

Good morning all from a very damp Renfrewshire. Hope the rain keeps off, so that we can get out with DGD in the pram. Soup is on the stove and fruit loaf in the oven. Only the best for the princess.

Best wishes for today, kittylester . I hope all goes well with you. I had a difficult relationship with my mother, so I understand what is like.

cornergran Thu 16-Mar-17 07:42:58

Morning All. Overcast, quiet sort of morning. Back on catchup, several weeks with a bug has put me so far behind with, well, life really. Be thinking of you today kitty, hope things go as well as they can. Hugs from me, too. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

MawBroon Thu 16-Mar-17 07:37:54

Good morning everybody. It's grey here in N Bucks, but I suppose I should be grateful for the sunshine we enjoyed yesterday.
Thinking of you kittylester, it's one of those days to be got through. You know you are truly grown up when you are the "top" generation in your family and it is not always a comfortable sensation.
Distraught, relieved or just resigned, it is an emotional occasion and I am sending a {hug} and flowers

annsixty Thu 16-Mar-17 07:31:51

Good Morning all.
A quick visit to wish you well for today kitty. Having been in exactly your position I know just how you feel.

ninathenana Thu 16-Mar-17 07:26:49

Morning aal.
Glad your ok Mick, I was a little worried not to see you at 7.05 smile

A bright start in N Kent, cooler though only 6c.

kitty hope it goes smoothly flowers

ffinnochio Thu 16-Mar-17 07:25:00

Good morning to all from sunny France. A beautiful start to the day - fresh, bright and musical!

kitty All the best for today.

rosesarered Thu 16-Mar-17 07:21:52

Thinking of you Kitty?

Nana3 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:21:21

Good morning Mick hope you enjoy your day out. Good morning everyone. Weather not looking too good in Lancashire today.
Going to a reunion of retired colleagues this lunchtime, I'm looking forward to it and to book club this evening.
Best wishes to kitty for the funeral today.

rosesarered Thu 16-Mar-17 07:20:17

Good morning everybody ( everybody so far, and still to visit this page) very grey here, not a breath of a breeze, and the garden full of birds.Am up and about earlier than normal for reasons unknown, and have already had my shower, breakfast, and seen to some laundry.A quiet day today.smile

kittylester Thu 16-Mar-17 07:18:21

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's misty but not too cold in North Leicestershire too.

It's Mum's funeral today and I think, after all, my clothes are weather appropriate. Not sure how I feel. My youngest brother (mum's favourite) is doing the Eulogy and I've promised not to heckle. grin

Enjoy your days everyone. sunshine

Newquay Thu 16-Mar-17 07:14:19

Morning from a misty Staffordshire. Forecast is quite good though. Off to keep fit this morning then will do some gardening-can only do about half an hour at a time these days cos of poor old back but it keeps the garden ticking over.
Motown sound good-enjoy!

12Michael Thu 16-Mar-17 07:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but misty morning here in Brackley this morning, still feels cold though, off to see Motown again later today.
Mick