Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
Mapleleaf Fri 17-Mar-17 15:49:03

Thank you. I'm looking forward to being a part of gransnet. You all seem so friendly and welcoming. May I add my condolences to Printmiss, Whitewave and Kitty tooflowers

Nana3 Fri 17-Mar-17 13:12:21

My condolences to you both PRINTMISS and Whitewave flowers flowers and best wishes for today.
Glad all went well yesterday kitty.
Welcome Mapleleaf, you have a lovely name.

Mapleleaf Fri 17-Mar-17 11:55:20

Good morning, all. I've just joined gransnet, though been a reader of the forums for some time, and found threads very informative.
Weather has turned quite breezy in my part of South Yorks and the sun has disappeared. Hope it brightens up soon.

Swanny Fri 17-Mar-17 10:09:48

Morning everyone. Forecast mainly cloud again today in N London but the sun is winning at the moment. We've had some lovely days this week and the bare trees are showing a tinge of green at last. Daffodils and crocus everywhere you look and a magnificent magnolia in our communal garden. Spring is (nearly) here smile.

Collecting DGS from school later - really looking forward to seeing him again but it's only been 5 days grin Hope you all have as a good day a day as possible and (((hugs))) to those attending funerals.

hildajenniJ Fri 17-Mar-17 10:01:18

Good morning everyone.
I'm late today. I have had a very restless night, most of it spent thinking about my grandchildren, and their trouble sleepingconfused. It's a damp morning in the Centre of Britain, and I don't see much sign of improvement. Just pottering today, bit of ironing and this and that.
Have a good day everyone.

PRINTMISS Fri 17-Mar-17 09:11:04

Good morning to you all from a bright and beautiful coast. Glad the funeral went smoothly Kitty, perhaps now you can really relax, difficult! It is one of our bowling friends funeral today, a lovely man. Too many friends dying, so like you Whitewave another sad
occasion.

rosesarered Fri 17-Mar-17 09:02:44

Good morning from a lovely sunny corner of Oxfordshire, blue skies all the way!
Out for a walk later with friends, DGS after school as usual.Have a nice day, all.☀️

Mildred Fri 17-Mar-17 08:44:41

Good morning all, rainy in Liverpool, weekend shopping for me, then cleaning up after the GC were down yesterday.

Greyduster Fri 17-Mar-17 08:27:55

Good morning, MIchael and all GNs. Overcast but dry in South Yorkshire, but we shall have rain later. A shocking, sleepless night for me and I feel quite poorly this morning, so I am not going to be in a hurry to get going. Have a good day, folks.

Rinouchka Fri 17-Mar-17 07:55:13

Good morning everyone. Glad things went well, kitty. Hugs, whitewave. flowers

whitewave Fri 17-Mar-17 07:43:38

Good morning all

Have a good and restful day today kitty

I have my dear friends funeral today.

Pittcity Fri 17-Mar-17 07:34:35

Good morning and Happy St Patrick's Day from Colchester. The early sun has disappeared and I don't think it will be as bright as yesterday. Looking after 10 month old DGS and I am already sticky!

ffinnochio Fri 17-Mar-17 07:22:20

Good morning to all from France. Another beautiful morning - fresh and sunny. Off to walk with friends soon, followed by a late, shared breakfast.

Glad all went well, kitty

cornergran Fri 17-Mar-17 07:21:47

Morning All. Another grey and calm morning. Would so love to see some sun. Not surprised you were washed out yesterday, kitty. Today doesn't sound restful either, take care. Food shopping for me followed by a hunt for a climbing rose. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 17-Mar-17 07:13:49

Morning Mick, morning Nana3, morning all.

It's a bit grey in North Leicestershire and there is rain in the forecast. I'm off to South Leicestershire to help on an Alzheimer's Course today so I'd better get a move on!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts yesterday. Mum's funeral went off very well but I was completely washed out by the time we got home.

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Nana3 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:08:03

Good morning Mick and everyone. Happy St Patrick's Day. It's cold and wet in Lancashire. Looking forward to 2 DGC coming this evening, just thinking about what to cook or maybe have chippy tea.
Have a good day.

12Michael Fri 17-Mar-17 06:59:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and a dry start this morning here in Brackley Motown was still good after 3rd time of seeing cast changes though.
Mick