Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(16 Posts)
rosesarered Mon 20-Mar-17 09:45:05

Good morning all, grey here but not actually raining (yet) and the garden full of Spring flowers at least.A quiet day after a hectic DGC filled weekend ( slumped on sofa now)
A neighbour coming for a chat this afternoon.Have a good day, whatever you are doing.☕️?

Mildred Mon 20-Mar-17 09:08:03

Good morning from a very damp Liverpool. Waiting for a phone call from the Dr to let me know the results of my latest blood test. Waiting in is not something I do very well. So let's hope he rings soon. Would rather have an actual face to face appointment at the surgery.

Marydoll Mon 20-Mar-17 09:03:23

Good morning all. The sky here is very black and it's so windy. I was hoping for the house all to myself, but husband has abandoned his game of golf. A day for housework and some baking. I think. Have a good Monday everyone.
Good luck with the knee NfT I know what you mean about the anesthetist. I had once to go to the breast clinic and into the room walked an acquaintance, who I thought was a GP. It turned out this was her "hobby" and she worked one day a week in the hospital. I don't know who was more embarrassed.

Greyduster Mon 20-Mar-17 08:48:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. South Yorkshire is in for a thoroughly soggy day in South Yorkshire today. After another broken night I would like, just for once, to wake up feeling as if I haven't spent the night crammed into a very small box with a sumo wrestler sitting on it!! Later this afternoon we are going over to watch GS play his first match for the school football team. I hope the rain has stopped by then. DD is feeding us this evening, so that will be nice.
NfK good luck with the knee. I'm sure everything will be ticketyboo!
Have a good day, folks.

Grannybug Mon 20-Mar-17 08:33:20

Good morning all from a damp and grey Northamptonshire but looking forward to lunch with a friend . Magnolia in bloom looking lovely lifts the heart .

hildajenniJ Mon 20-Mar-17 08:31:27

Good morning everyone.
Another rainy start in the Tyne Valley, and it doesn't look like there will be much improvement. DH bought a juicer to replace the coffee machine, now that he's given up coffee. This morning, I think I'll make it my task to rearrange the worktops, and find a place for it.
Good luck with the knee Nfk.

Pittcity Mon 20-Mar-17 08:31:13

Good morning from a damp Colchester.
Just finishing the last of the cleanup after a family weekend, then it's off to Walking Netball. Ironing this afternoon.
Thinking of you and your knee nfk and look forward to racing you when we next meet!

PRINTMISS Mon 20-Mar-17 08:13:26

Good morning to you all, really dull here, makes the daffodils that much brighter! Not a lot planned, we take each day as it comes depending on how the other half feels, I have decided to write down a list of all the things I want to get through, as I seem to 'meander' through my days and achieve very little. Well that is the plan. Enjoy your days.

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Mar-17 08:11:56

Morning All

After a wet night it's grey and soggy here in Norwich. But not raining now.

Sitting on a hospital bed with and arrow on my leg and thinking it's not really that bad, it's fine while I keep still, is it too late to change my mind? To make matters worse we know the anaesthetist. Slightly. Not enough to be a friend. What if the knee turns out to be fine and I'm a fraud!?

Mapleleaf Mon 20-Mar-17 07:38:38

Good morning, all.
Grey and cold here in Yorksire this morning. However, like Mick says, there are signs of Spring all around and our magnolia blossom is almost out which is always a cheery sight. Off to my coffee group later which is a welcome interlude in the day.
Enjoy your day, folks.

Rinouchka Mon 20-Mar-17 07:10:37

Good morning, Mick and ladies. Another sunny Spring day here but with blue skies striated with fluffy cotton-wool clouds gently shifted by the breeze. Should get to 21 degrees today, cooler than yesterday.
Some work this afternoon but glad to do it! Since stopping full-time work, Mondays are a delight.

Wish you a happy Monday!

cornergran Mon 20-Mar-17 07:06:00

Morning All. Another grey day, getting tedious now. Looking after Littlest so an early start. Expecting an active day, but oh so much fun. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Mon 20-Mar-17 06:58:43

Morning nina

kittylester Mon 20-Mar-17 06:57:59

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's very wet in North Leicestershire but I've got admin to do this morning and then lunch with old friends. The rain means that I don't have to water the stuff I transplanted yesterday - bonus!!

ninathenana Mon 20-Mar-17 06:57:08

Morning Mick and everyone.
Windy with an omminous grey sky here in N Kent. Some housework is called for I think.

12Michael Mon 20-Mar-17 06:51:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and wet here in Brackley this morning, yet signs of spring are about with blossom etc.
Mick