Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Tue 21-Mar-17 06:41:36

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning have woken up to a clear blue sky with sunshine, no wind here in Brackley.
Mick

kittylester Tue 21-Mar-17 06:48:11

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire after a very rainy night.

I'm off to stand in a very large shopping centre promoting the work of The Alzheimer's Society - my poor feet.

Enjoy your days everyone. sunshine

aggie Tue 21-Mar-17 07:06:43

Morning all , the sun is shining on the snowy rooftops here ! Just got back in bed after looking out !

Nana3 Tue 21-Mar-17 07:24:37

Good morning Mick, kitty,and everyone, the weather is a little brighter in Lancashire. I'm back in bed too aggie.
A better sleep for me last night thank goodness, I did not look at the iPad, difficult but necessary methinks.
A quiet morning, then a visit to mum. Friends coming for dinner, OH cooking.
Hope you all have a good day.

Pittcity Tue 21-Mar-17 07:46:22

Good morning from a sunny but chilly Colchester.
DGS here for the day, more pushchair practice walking into town.

Tippy22 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:00:05

Bright and sunny but very cold here in East Sussex. My mother's funeral today and my birthday tomorrow. Lots to do and think about.

cornergran Tue 21-Mar-17 08:07:36

Morning All. Clouding over already in our corner of Somerset. More rain forecast. Lunch out today, not much else. As you say tippy you have lots to do and think about, do hope today goes as well as it can and you can have some enjoyment tomorrow. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mapleleaf Tue 21-Mar-17 08:13:59

Morning all. Bright and sunny here in South Yorks at the moment. Probably chilly, too, but haven't ventured outside yet.
Condolences for today Tippy22 - a difficult day. flowers flowers. Best wishes for your birthday tomorrow - bitter sweet day I think. I send a big bouquet of flowers for that and my thoughts ad a hug for both days. flowers flowers flowers

ninathenana Tue 21-Mar-17 08:14:04

Morning all.
The sun is out in N Kent but there's a nip in the aiip
Food shopping this morning and ferrying H to two of his gardening jobs.
Hope today goes smoothy Tippy sorry for your loss flowers

Mapleleaf Tue 21-Mar-17 08:16:03

and a hug not ad a hug

PRINTMISS Tue 21-Mar-17 08:24:09

Good morning to you all, it is very bright and cold here, lovely indoors looking out. I know that spring is here, because yesterday a pair of ducks came to visit us, they do this every year at about this time. Not sure if ducks mate for life, but always a pleasure to see them. Not a lot planned for today, but enjoy your days.

Rinouchka Tue 21-Mar-17 08:27:18

Good morning everyone. And welcome to Spring( officially). Lovely day here.
Condolences, Tippy. A sad day but tomorrow's birthday does symbolise how life continues and we carry on.....flowers

Greyduster Tue 21-Mar-17 08:34:34

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Wall to wall sunshine in South Yorkshire this morning but it is cold. DH has dentist this morning, and we have nothing planned for the rest of the day. I have a pile of ironing to do, though.
Tippy my condolences to you, and I hope the funeral gives you some comfort.
To all other GNs, have a happy day.

NfkDumpling Tue 21-Mar-17 08:40:34

Morning All

A bright sunny day here in Norwich and there were blokes outside cutting the grass an hour ago.

After an horrendous afternoon yesterday when the epidural wore off I'm now on so much medication you wouldn't believe, and slightly high. But the morphine is best. Lovely stuff!

Condolences Tippy I fear your birthday won't be so light hearted as it was for many years (does that make sense?). flowers

Greyduster Tue 21-Mar-17 09:05:13

Morning, NfK! Good to know it's all over and done with and you seem to be in good spirits! Take it easy flowers!

harrigran Tue 21-Mar-17 09:12:44

Good morning, bright and sunny but a cool 4 degrees and very windy.
My sister is flying to the UK today, I think she will have two bumpy flights.
Spent an interesting hour in a toy shop yesterday buying board games to amuse GC, we are hoping they will play together instead of sitting with video games when they come to visit. They both like to play chess so that is a start smile

hildajenniJ Tue 21-Mar-17 09:26:31

Good morning everyone.
It's bright and breezy in the Tyne Valley today. Lots of rain again last night. I made an appointment for the dog to see the Vet this afternoon, I don't think much can be done though, after all Wiser is 17, it's probably just old age.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Tue 21-Mar-17 11:05:30

Good morning all, a bit late on here today. It's snowing here and have been out salting drive and pavement for DIL, as it is a baby minding day with DGD. Can't get out for usual walk, so trying to keep a 16 month old amused is exhausting. I cannot take my eyes off her. Have a good day, everyone.