Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(23 Posts)
Karanlouise Wed 22-Mar-17 11:19:17

Morning everyone, weather not great here in Bournemouth either, grey, dull and cold. Hope everyone has a good day despite the weather. smile

TerriBull Wed 22-Mar-17 09:32:35

Good morning cold and drizzly in the south east, but heavens just reading about the snow further north that some are experiencing, and I thought Spring had arrived a couple of days ago, seems we are not out of the woods yet!. Not a day for walking, so will drive to my nearest Sainsburys for some provisions for tonight's meal.

Marydoll Wed 22-Mar-17 09:15:18

Good morning all, hard frost here in Renfrewshire during the night, it's thawing now. I only know that, as the burglar alarm went off during the night. Bravely went downstairs to investigate, DH slept through it. Pesky fly in conservatory!

Swanny Wed 22-Mar-17 09:08:28

Morning all, can't exactly say it's a good one. Woke up with goosebumps today, can't remember the last time that happened. It's now chucking down with rain here in N London and windy with it, so I expect all the lovely cherry blossom that's come out in the last few days' warmth and sunshine will be blown off the trees.

Babysitting tonight and having a 'sleepover'. DGS is excited about that but it's a change to his routine, so might be tricky. Have as good a day as possible everyone smile

Tippy22 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:52:37

Very windy , grey and cold here in East Sussex. Mum's funeral went well yesterday but the singing of the hymn was so quiet that mums best friend and i didn't realise we were a verse behind everybody else until they stopped which made us both giggle.

thatbags Wed 22-Mar-17 08:40:39

Morning, folks! Snow on the hills, frost on the garden, bullfinches on the plum tree. Just tipped a whole load of leftover veg from the freezer into a soup pot with some Philadelphia cheese. No idea if it'll work but there seem to be a number of soup recipes using cream cheese. Off out to get muddy in a bit. I might fit in a trip to the garage for a new wheel and tyre but it might have to wait till tomorrow. Damaged wheel and tyre are holding out!

kittylester Wed 22-Mar-17 08:35:01

Good morning all!

It's the school run for me today and the forecast is for heavy rain - why am I not surprised!!

I'm really envy of your snow Hilda, we haven't had any this winter.

Greyduster Wed 22-Mar-17 08:31:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cold and grey in South Yorkshire today with heavy rain threatened. I have an appointment at the dental hospital this morning - a waste of their time and mine, but they have not allowed me to cancel it, so I shall have to drag myself up there on the tram as parking at any of the hospitals is hopeless.
Onward and upward, NfK. Sounds like you're doing very well!

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Mar-17 08:30:35

Oh Hilda, that's proper snow! Oh my goodness! A bit more and you can go out and play Snow Angels!

hildajenniJ Wed 22-Mar-17 08:27:18

Good morning everyone.
It's cold in the Tyne Valley. At present it is snowing, everything is looking white. I am staying indoors, I'm sure I can find plenty to keep me warm and busy.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Wed 22-Mar-17 08:23:49

Good morning,a chilly -1 this morning after a night of heavy rain.
Hospital appointment this afternoon so hope it warms up a bit.
DS has just posted a photo on FB, they have a good covering of snow just in time for the commute to work.

grannylyn65 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:23:41

Bit of snow, hard frost here in Perth x

Floriatosca Wed 22-Mar-17 08:16:26

Good morning all from a cold damp chilly Torquay (but it will be summer soon!) Having a sewing morning when I will do some more work on a quilt I am making. New Year's resolution not to buy any more fabric until I have used up what I already have! After lunch will be going for a nice walk (rain permitting!) on the promenade. My husband is being fitted with a pacemaker next month (hurray!) and walking is part of his pre-op keeping fit routine. Enjoy today whatever you are doing,

cornergran Wed 22-Mar-17 08:15:23

Morning All. Grey and damp in our corner of Somerset. Again! Cleaning today then a meeting. Hope Wednesday is kind to you.

Nana3 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:07:37

Good morning everyone. Raining this morning, hopefully will brighten for a spell. Huge hailstones yesterday.
DGD here today, must make the most of our time together as she goes to school in September.
Wishing you a speedy recovery NfkD
Have a good day.

PRINTMISS Wed 22-Mar-17 08:05:51

Good morning to you all. 'Orrible morning here, wet and windy, the weather is always a conversation piece, isn't it? Yesterday was a lovely day and I managed to get the washing dry, thank goodness. Not a lot planned for today, although I really must get round to doing some more sorting out. The original enthusiasm has waned. Enjoy your days. I have at least arranged for the British Heart Foundation Charity Shop to come and pick up some of what I have. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Wed 22-Mar-17 07:58:14

Morning everyone. Dull, grey, cold and windy here in South Yorks. Off to Leeds later and forecast similar for West Yorks so will wrap up warm. Come back, warmer weather!
Hope you all have a good day ?

Grannybug Wed 22-Mar-17 07:57:57

Good morning from a dull rather grey Northamptonshire . After a lovely start to the day it seems to be deteriorating .

Pittcity Wed 22-Mar-17 07:32:06

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. We've had the same here nina, I had to water some garden pots yesterday.
Extra Walking Netball practice today as we have our first tournament on Saturday, so no usual Wednesday coffee.

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Mar-17 07:24:40

Morning All

A sunny morning here in Norwich, but there's a grey haze on horizon which suggests the forecast rain will be here earlier than it should.

I'm now down to an enormous waterproof bandage and apparently will be doing more walking, having an X-ray, and still more walking today. I slept a full twelve hours last night! By tiring this healing lark!

Rinouchka Wed 22-Mar-17 07:19:51

Bonjour from France, Mick, nina and others to follow. Lovely, clear morning here but slightly chillier than past few days, with our usual wind. Birds chirping in the vineyards as I drink my coffee.
Out for the day in the big university town nearest to our village to do some work and shopping.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

ninathenana Wed 22-Mar-17 07:04:15

Morning Mick and everyone.
Well let's see if they get the forecast for Kent right today. They have been threatening heavy rain for days, so far it's been a light shower Monday. At the moment it's just dull.

12Michael Wed 22-Mar-17 06:54:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and dull but windy here in Brackley this morning, expecting a miserable day if forecast is right.
Mick