Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Thu 23-Mar-17 06:45:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey has been wet feels a little cold, as well here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

kittylester Thu 23-Mar-17 06:48:55

Morning Mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is quite grey after rain overnight.

Sainsbury's this morning and a 'customer service' training course this afternoon.

Mapleleaf Thu 23-Mar-17 06:55:46

Morning Mick and*kittylester*, Morning all.
It was still raining here when I got up. Seems to have stopped now but very wet and grey. Supposed to brighten up later. It was very cold and wet in Leeds yesterday - glad to get back home!

Pittcity Thu 23-Mar-17 07:13:52

Good morning from a grey skied Essex.
We are on an early train into London en route to a retirement seminar....yawn!
The vacant faces of the regular commuters says it all...

NfkDumpling Thu 23-Mar-17 07:42:57

Morning All

It's quite a bright morning here in Norwich although clouding over. Not a good night last night - I had to take the offered morphine to get to sleep. Shan't be able to have any at home. A day of pottering apparently, and I get to have a shower!

Have fun at your training/seminars Kitty and Pitt

ninathenana Thu 23-Mar-17 07:47:46

Morning all
Dull and damp in N Kent, it matches my mood.
Youngest GS is 5 today but his dad won't let us se him. Happy Birthday little man, we love you.

Tippy22 Thu 23-Mar-17 07:50:12

Just stopped raining here in East Sussex after almost 24 hours of continual rain. Waiting in all day for a delivery which my husband says is part of my birthday present. Should be interesting.

Rinouchka Thu 23-Mar-17 08:04:49

Good morning, Mick and ladies. Blustery day here with rain forecast later. The vines need it! nfk glad morphine helped you sleep, but, yes, it is a temporary measure. We attended one of those seminars, Pitt; hope you get more out of it than we did!
nina, hugs. Can feel your pain. flowers

PRINTMISS Thu 23-Mar-17 08:05:57

Good morning, Raining here. 'nuff said.

cornergran Thu 23-Mar-17 08:12:41

Morning All. Another grey morning. Not raining - yet! Quiet day today, food shop, that's about it. A sad day for you nina. That shower sounds good nfk. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Thu 23-Mar-17 08:22:21

Good morning all, grey and dull here. A housework and sewing day today. I am so small,sad I have to alter every pair of trousers I wear.
Have a good day all.

Nelliemoser Thu 23-Mar-17 08:24:56

Good Morning all sunny here in Cheshire.
I have to finish packing today as I am flying off to Iceland tomorrow on a Geology trip with my group of "usual suspects".

It's an organised group I have been going with for years and I always meet someone I have been on holiday with before.
It takes me ages to round up my belongings. Off right now to grab my spare glasses from the car while I remember.

Greyduster Thu 23-Mar-17 08:28:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dry and brightening prospect in South Yorkshire this morning, but cold. Another sleepless night for me so I am on a go slow today, but need to stock up the larder sometime later.
Enjoy your shower NfK - funny how the we miss the things we most take for granted!
Have a good day, folks.

Greyduster Thu 23-Mar-17 08:30:32

nina I'm sorry, I didn't see your post - that would break my heart. sad. {{hugs}}.

Grannybug Thu 23-Mar-17 09:07:12

Good morning everyone . The sun is trying to break through here in Northamptonshire and hoping it succeeds!
Thinking of you Nina flowers

Pittcity Thu 23-Mar-17 09:12:23

We've arrived. It's a tfl seminar specific to DHs job so we will at least sign up for perks. They are not trying to sell us anything. Free tea and biscuits so far.

hildajenniJ Thu 23-Mar-17 09:33:19

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday's snow didn't last long, it was gone by lunchtime, to be replaced by rain. It's not much better this morning, the Tyne Valley is still wet, but it isn't raining at the moment. I must go and buy a birthday card for my sister today. Other than that, just the usual pottering around for me.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Thu 23-Mar-17 10:08:58

Just seen your post nina and am sending (((hugs))) to you and the grans squad round to your Idiot!! We need a few incantations of phoenix 's spell!

rosesarered Thu 23-Mar-17 10:20:04

Good morning from a bright and sunny Oxfordshire ( hope it lasts) trawling garden centres later.sunshine

NfkDumpling Thu 23-Mar-17 11:14:28

So sorry Nina (((hugs))) for both you and the little lad. Hopefully ......

NfkDumpling Thu 23-Mar-17 11:15:16

Just came back to say the shower was wonderful. And solitary! I did it all on my own!!