Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(18 Posts)
Mapleleaf Fri 24-Mar-17 09:19:09

Good morning all. As Greyduster says, it's wall to wall sunshine here in South Yorks. Bit chilly at the moment, but should get warmer. Glad you had a better nights sleep Greyduster.
Enjoy your new car Marydoll, you'll be fine once you get used to it? Enjoy your day everyone.

TerriBull Fri 24-Mar-17 09:03:00

Good morning it's grey here in my corner of the south east. It was damn cold yesterday and it doesn't look as if it's going to be much warmer today. Off to the hairdressers later for highlights and cut so that's the afternoon taken care of. Maybe the sun will come out later.

hildajenniJ Fri 24-Mar-17 08:59:51

Good morning everyone.
We have a lovely clear, sunny morning in the Tyne Valley with just a light breeze. It's still quite cold, but an improvement from the last couple of days. My washing is in the machine, and the dishwasher is on. I have to wash the halogen oven out, I hate that job. DH and I are having our Friday lunch out. We are doing the rounds of the pubs within a 20 mile radius, it's been an eye opener so far.
Have a lovely day everyone.

cornergran Fri 24-Mar-17 08:21:29

Morning All. Guess what? It's a grey morning in our corner of Somerset. Windy too. Friends coming later so had best get tidying. Home is the best place to recover nfk, yes, let your husband fuss over you. Take it easy. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

PRINTMISS Fri 24-Mar-17 08:15:36

Good morning to you all, take it easy NfK. An uncertain morning this morning,although I am sure the wind is cold, that is the forecast. Not a lot planned, probably go for a coffee at Sainsburys need a few bits and pieces, then off to Knit and Natter, gets me out of the house. Enjoy your days everyone.

Greyduster Fri 24-Mar-17 08:13:21

It's not an age thing, Marydoll, it's a new car thing! We were the same recently. Give it a couple of weeks!

Greyduster Fri 24-Mar-17 08:10:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall sunshine in South Yorkshire this morning but very cold! I slept through the night - haven't done that for a while. I shall go out and look for some new walking shoes today. It is time to let my others go - they are held together with prayers and Stormsure! NfK hope you have a comfortable journey home and continue to make good progress. You always feel better in your own home!

Marydoll Fri 24-Mar-17 08:09:28

Good morning all from Renfrewshire. Sun shining and heavy frost is fast disappearing.
Picking up my new car today, I think this will be my last, as I hardly drive now. A bit nervous about it. I don't know why, as I have been driving for 40 years. Must be an age thing.

Pittcity Fri 24-Mar-17 08:04:04

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Due to brighten up.
I am plugging Gransnet at an Older Person's Information Fair today at Firstsite Colchester. If you are nearby please pop in and say hello between 10am and 1pm.

Rinouchka Fri 24-Mar-17 08:03:25

Allow DH to spoil you, nfk!

Mildred Fri 24-Mar-17 08:02:43

Good morning all, fine and sunny in Liverpool, washing in machine and food shopping on the agenda today.

Rinouchka Fri 24-Mar-17 08:02:28

Good morning, everyone. We had hail here yesterday afternoon, not good for the vines. Rain forecast for later this morning; that is good! Day of bits and pieces, then a friend visiting late afternoon.
Enjoy your Friday, wherever you are.cafe

NfkDumpling Fri 24-Mar-17 07:58:17

Morning All

And here in Norwich it's a lovely bright sunny morning. Off home this morning and then I'll really know how well I am! DH is likely to fuss rather too much - but I can bare that, it's not often he gets the chance to be bossy!

Tippy22 Fri 24-Mar-17 07:48:13

Very chilly and grey in East Sussex. Supposed to be nice this afternoon so shopping can wait till then. Enjoy yout day everybody.

kittylester Fri 24-Mar-17 06:53:49

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bit brisk in North Leicestershire this morning.

I am helping at an Alzheimer's Course today and a friend is coming for supper.

harrigran Fri 24-Mar-17 06:49:52

Good morning, dry and bright in the north east but a cool three degrees. Been awake since 6am, time for some blackout curtains I think.

ninathenana Fri 24-Mar-17 06:47:29

Morning Mick and everyone.

Looks like rain here in N Kent and it's pretty windy too.
Food shopping and lunch out today. Enjoy your days people.

12Michael Fri 24-Mar-17 06:34:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cold, but grey and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick