Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(18 Posts)
PRINTMISS Mon 27-Mar-17 10:35:32

Good morning to you all, a little late, and a little under the weather, not sure what is wrong, think perhaps I might have a cold coming. The weather is beautiful as it was yesterday, and it would be good to get to the beach and have a walk, but not up to that today. Enjoy your days.

hulahoop Mon 27-Mar-17 10:29:09

Good morning from Yorkshire it's a nondescript day but I am going shopping then going to see new grandson who was born a few days ago can't wait for that first cuddle have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Mon 27-Mar-17 09:54:28

Good morning from Oxfordshire, grey and mild here today.Off to lunch with DD1 today and then plant shopping around the garden centre.? ( should really be getting to grips with the ironing pile.)

Mildred Mon 27-Mar-17 09:49:24

Good morning Mick and all, I too didn't sleep too well last night Nina, for once not because I was worrying but because I kept waking myself up by coughing. Anyway tidying (not cleaning) the house then hairdressers, as I am beginning to look like an Old English sheepdog.

hildajenniJ Mon 27-Mar-17 09:02:04

Good morning everyone.
It's as foggy as can be in the Tyne Valley. I'm hoping to go to DD's in Glasgow tomorrow so I'm busy preparing and house tidying today.
Whitewave, if your Mum is still able to use a microwave oven, try Wiltshire Farm Foods. We got them for my Dad, and they helped to keep his independence.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Mon 27-Mar-17 08:47:03

Morning all, sun shining in blue skies here in Renfrewshire. A day in the garden later, tidying up. I had to give up yesterday, as the recycling bin was full. Have a good day everyone.

Stansgran Mon 27-Mar-17 08:34:56

Morning all. Misty almost foggy in Durham after a beautiful day sitting in The garden yesterday. New computer coming today. I see trouble ahead with DH trying to get the hang of it. Hoovered behind the desk for the first time in years. blush

Mapleleaf Mon 27-Mar-17 08:25:35

Morning all. Yes, as Greyduster says, it's a dull and chilly morning here in south Yorks. Hope the sun gets out again. Off to my coffee group later this morning. Then its chores, I'm afraid ?
Have a good Monday, everyone.

Tippy22 Mon 27-Mar-17 08:09:12

The sun is just breaking through here in East Sussex looks like we're in for a lovely day. A walk near the beach beckons. My thoughts are with you kitty.

Greyduster Mon 27-Mar-17 07:58:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Well, where did our sunshine go? Very overcast and chilly in South Yorkshire this morning. A large fat pigeon is chucking bird seed over my lovely newly mowed lawn! Some domestics this morning and then out for a walk this afternoon. Have a happy day, folks!

Pittcity Mon 27-Mar-17 07:44:34

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Due to be another glorious day here if not as warm as yesterday.
Walking Netball today and housework.

whitewave Mon 27-Mar-17 07:43:11

Good morning all

Beautiful day here on South Downs. Yesterday walked the dog and didn't need my coat - first time this year.

Bedrooms and bathroom today. Get the washing out to dry. Do dome clearing in the greenhouse. Also need to start looking at meals on wheels type companies as Mum is really getting too frail to carry on with her cooking. Any recommendations?

Enjoy your day all

harrigran Mon 27-Mar-17 07:36:27

Good morning from a foggy north east and it is just 1 degree. Eldest DC is 48 today, where did the years go ?
Hoping for a relaxed day before my trip to Yorkshire tomorrow.
Thoughts are with you kitty flowers

kittylester Mon 27-Mar-17 07:13:17

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's greyish and brisk in North Leicestershire. We have the burial of Mum's ashes today, then lunch out with my brothers. We still have lots of sorting out to do but it feels like the endow an ear. And, apart from a couple of aged aunts, I'm senior family member! shock

Nana3 Mon 27-Mar-17 07:13:02

Good morning Mick and everyone. Blue skies this morning, looks like a fine day in Lancashire.
DGS is 11 tomorrow going to buy his present today and then visit Mum.
Enjoy your day.

cornergran Mon 27-Mar-17 07:12:29

Morning Mick, Nina. Morning All. Light cloud in our corner of Somerset. Fairly bright so hopeful. Those bad nights are foul, nina, can you get some rest today? Shopping trip then the school run. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Mon 27-Mar-17 07:07:30

Morning Mick and everyone.

What a lousy night, hardly any sleep. It's grey here in Kent at the moment. At least the wind has dropped.

12Michael Mon 27-Mar-17 06:54:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start here in Brackley but its daylight, feels cold outside.
Mick