Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Mar-17 06:58:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey start and misty here in Brackley this morning, off to Oxford later today to see the touring Grease Stage show.
Mick

Mapleleaf Tue 28-Mar-17 07:02:22

Morning mick, morning all. It's grey & dismal here in S.Yorks at the moment, but meant to brighten up a bit later. It did yesterday, so we'll see!
Whatever you are doing today, have a good one ?

kittylester Tue 28-Mar-17 07:06:28

Good morning Mick, morning all!

It's grey here too! I have a day of desk work ahead. Yippee!!

Enjoy Grease, Mick - I love it.

Pittcity Tue 28-Mar-17 07:39:13

Good morning from foggy Colchester. It was beautiful yesterday and forecast to reach 17 degrees today.
No plans today except tackling a pile of ironing.

harrigran Tue 28-Mar-17 07:50:58

Good morning, overcast but milder here. Busy day, hairdresser coming soon then off to Yorkshire with sister and BIL.

bumblebee123 Tue 28-Mar-17 07:54:05

Hi, cyclone in Queensland Oz where my son lives. Waiting for him to Skype us.

cornergran Tue 28-Mar-17 08:03:13

Morning All. Bright here at the moment but rain due later. Need to move a shrub before it arrives then lunch out. Enjoy Grease Mick, it's a happy show. Do hope all is well with your son bumblebee, try not to worry. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mildred Tue 28-Mar-17 08:16:31

Good morning all, grey in Liverpool hope all is well bumblebee, enjoy grease Michael was going to get eyes tested today but still have a horrendous cough so think I will cancel it so as not to spread my germs.

ninathenana Tue 28-Mar-17 08:19:35

Morning all
Thick fog in Kent, I can't see beyond the end of the garden. Food shop this morning.
Hope your so is ok Bumblebee

Stansgran Tue 28-Mar-17 08:20:18

Good morning. New computer is working to my surprise. Still got to deal with the printer. Grey ish and DH off for a scan. I'm sure it will be fine.

Greyduster Tue 28-Mar-17 08:24:07

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. As Mapleleaf has said, the sunshine has deserted us in South Yorkshire. We have nothing much planned before the school run this afternoon. I hope you enjoy your show, Mick, and that you get reassuring news from your son down under Bumblebee. Have a good day, folks.

Marydoll Tue 28-Mar-17 08:27:45

Morning all, dull here, but feels as if it may be nicer later. Off to Glasgow for a steak and wine lunch, a Christmas pressie from my brother. We have been so busy, no time to fit it in.
I will have to send DH for a coffee or something, whilst I shop grin
Bumblebee I hope all is well with your son.
Mick envyI would both love to go to Oxford and to see Grease. A double whammy.

Tippy22 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:29:15

Sun just beginning to break through in East Sussex looks like we're in for another lovely day. Hope your son is OK bumblebee

bumblebee123 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:53:26

There are some floods in parts of Queensland. As yet we have heard nothing from our son. He doesn't live where it is flat so he will be OK. He is a helicopter pilot but he won't be up in a cyclone.
Keep trying to get some pics of the birds but my hands aren't steady enough so they are blurred.

PRINTMISS Tue 28-Mar-17 08:58:41

Good morning to you all, I feel really guilty because we seem to have stolen all the sun. The sky is blue and the sun is brilliant, hope it reaches other parts of the country sometime during the day. Our lives seem to consist of 'not a lot happening', but that is our choice at the moment. Enjoy your days

whitewave Tue 28-Mar-17 09:00:54

Good morning

Utterly glorious start to the day, but I think it is forecast to cloud over. Face got sun burnt yesterday in the garden. That will teach me to put on blocker!!

Hope son keeps out of harms way bumble

Enjoy your day at the theatre Mick

Swanny Tue 28-Mar-17 09:54:15

Good morning everyone. Misty miserable start to the day but the sun is shining now in N London and there's not a cloud in the sky. Was able to go out without a coat yesterday it was so lovely. Soon be time to put the patio table and chairs out! The back garden is a sun trap in the summer but if we have wind it can't get out. Oh ... you know what I mean ... sunshine

Nana3 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:58:37

Good morning all. Sunny in Lancashire, must make the most of it.
DGS's eleventh birthday today, where do the years go.
Have a good day out Mick. Hope you get news soon bumble.
Have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Tue 28-Mar-17 10:03:19

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Oxfordshire morning.The birds are singing, the DH is mowing, and all is right with the world!?
Meeting up this afternoon with other GN's in Swindon for a chat and cake.

nanasam Tue 28-Mar-17 10:07:36

Morning all. Hazy sunshine here in Swindon but at least the wind has died down.

Am off to Dunelm Mills this afternoon to meet up with GNers rosesarered, Cornishgirl777 and struggling2do1 for a cuppa. Love these meetups! cafe cupcake

Nana3 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:21:24

Hope you all have a very good time at your meet up.

loopylou Tue 28-Mar-17 10:44:28

Good morning everyone from decidedly dismal Wiltshire- it's chilly too.
Enjoy your meet up, ☕️ & ? sounds great!

Karanlouise Tue 28-Mar-17 13:09:27

Good afternoon from Dorset. Hope you get news soon bumblebee, enjoy day out Mick , have a lovely meetup in Swindon. Hope everyone has a good day. smile