Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Wed 29-Mar-17 06:53:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight but its grey and has been wet overnight, enjoyed seeing Grease at Oxford last night.
Mick

kittylester Wed 29-Mar-17 07:02:12

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's grey and damp again in North Leicestershire but, as it's school run day, I'm not surprised.

Glad you enjoyed the show Mick.

Enjoy your days everyone.sunshine

Mapleleaf Wed 29-Mar-17 07:07:11

Morning Mick and kitty, morning everyone. Glad you enjoyed Grease Mick.
It's a grey start here in s. Yorks, but forecast to get a bit brighter and warmer later. Lazy day expected today though got a pile of ironing looking at me so it has to be done! ?

cornergran Wed 29-Mar-17 07:29:39

Morning All. Guess what, its grey and damp in our corner of Somerset. Hey ho, nothing I can do about it. Pleased you enjoyed Grease Mick, it always makes me smile. Off to Wiltshire today, need to clean my parents grave and then will do a bit of wandering, taking the umbrellas just in case. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Wed 29-Mar-17 07:31:35

Morning

Dull and damping out. Hope it cheers up.

Lunch with Mum today -her Mother's Day lunch.

Phone a friend who is newly retired and see if she fancies going out next week.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 29-Mar-17 07:39:05

Good morning from an overcast but mild Colchester.
Coffee morning Wednesday today. Then home to finish the chores that didn't get done yesterday because I was out enjoying the sun.

harrigran Wed 29-Mar-17 07:51:51

Good morning from Yorkshire where it is overcast and promising rain. I have been awake a long time so I am going tob be tired today.

NfkDumpling Wed 29-Mar-17 07:56:46

Morning All

After a foggy start yesterday, the sun came out and we went to look at our little boat - and I did too much. Walked too far and last evening had a very fat leg and foot. So, I'm quite glad it's grey and misty and damp this morning. I shall stay in with foot raised and do my exercises gently and be good!

ninathenana Wed 29-Mar-17 08:10:45

Morning all
It would seem the whole country is currently grey sad Kent included.
No plans today, just going with the flow

PRINTMISS Wed 29-Mar-17 08:29:55

Good morning to you all, we certainly do not have the sun today, it is decidedly misty out there, but not cold, thank goodness. Another lazy day for us, we seem to have been having a lot of those these days, can't work up too much enthusiasm for anything. Gardener coming this afternoon, not sure whether he comes to garden or chat, but I have lots for him to do, he also does bits and pieces indoors, so he is handy. Rest the leg Nfk Take care everyone, and enjoy your days.

Greyduster Wed 29-Mar-17 08:34:27

Good morning, Michael (glad you enjoyed Grease) and all GNs. Nfk do be careful; it is still early days for your knee surely! Still, if I had a boat, I'd want to go and look at it too! Raining in South Yorkshire this morning. Blood tests for me later and then haircut and school run. Have a good day, folks!

MawBroon Wed 29-Mar-17 08:35:43

Good morning everyone!
Is the weather significant on this date which may become imprinted on our minds? Cool, grey, "mizzle " -ah well it's good for the garden and the 2 clematis montanas, 2 buddleias and a lovely white scented thingy (whose name totally escapes me at the moment ??,) which were planted yesterday.
The Spring sunshine was energising, but today looks less promising.

Nana3 Wed 29-Mar-17 09:54:32

Good morning. I drove to Manchester this morning in horrible rain and slow traffic to look after DGD. Recovered now after coffee and a hot cross bun.
Hope your leg is much better today Nfk.
Have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Wed 29-Mar-17 10:09:40

Grey but mild here in Oxfordshire, rained overnight ( pleased about that)
DH is out walking today, so a girls lunch out with DD2 and some clothes shopping.smile My kind of day!

MawBroon Wed 29-Mar-17 10:20:41

I have just remembered the name of the white scented shrub -Skimmia smile