Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
Granof11 Thu 30-Mar-17 09:10:01

Morning all. Pouring rain here on Wirral and some of my lovely double headed daffodils have their heads right down in the mud. Won't have time to do anything about it when the rain stops today as doing the school run and childminding in grandchildren's home until late this evening.

NfkDumpling Thu 30-Mar-17 08:19:42

Morning All

Thin high cloud here in Norfolk this morning. I'm a bit stiff after a long night but my leg size seems to be decreasing so I'm happy. A friend is calling in for coffee this morning. she leads an exciting life so I can't wait to catch up!

Mapleleaf. Cat deterrent - There's a gadget you can get which attaches to the hose pipe. It has a sensor on it and squirts a jet of water when the cat breaks the beam. I bought DH one last year. We move it around the garden so our marauder (ginger Tom from three doors away) has to concentrate on where it is instead of the birds. The only problem is remembering where it is so you don't set it off yourself! The GC love it too!

PRINTMISS Thu 30-Mar-17 08:12:43

In our part of Sussex we have hazy sunshine, and I think, like you Tippy the forecast is for a bright day, so the washing is on. Hairdresser coming at lunch time - heaven knows wwhy I agreed to that time, a very senior moment . Enjoy your days.

Tippy22 Thu 30-Mar-17 08:00:57

Very grey here in Sussex although the forecast is good. Must try and have a more productive day today than yesterday. Enjoy your day everyone.

cornergran Thu 30-Mar-17 07:57:09

Morning All. Grey, wet and windy in our corner of Somerset. No sunshine here. sad. Cleaning this morning then not much really. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Mildred Thu 30-Mar-17 07:55:12

Good morning from Liverpool picking GD up from pre-school this morning, will probably be baking this afternoon.

Greyduster Thu 30-Mar-17 07:50:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We have some fitful early sunshine peeping through. I had a good night's sleep ?. Nothing much on the cards today except to plant a couple of shrubs we bought yesterday, and to nip up to M&S to buy some shoes. As for your cat, Maple, buy a water pistol - but you'll have sneak up on it! Have a happy day folks!

harrigran Thu 30-Mar-17 07:47:25

Good morning, overcast this morning but a mild 13 degrees.
Mapleleaf we stopped all cats entering our garden when we erected a metal fence, they can't get a grip on the smooth surface, garden has been cat-poo free now for more than five years.

Pittcity Thu 30-Mar-17 07:40:29

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Going to be another lovely day here.
Spreading the word about Gransnet at a meeting this morning and enjoying the sun this afternoon.

kittylester Thu 30-Mar-17 07:40:08

Good morning all.

It's a grey start in North Leicestershire but the forecast is for warm sunshine later. I'll keep my fingers crossed as I am meeting DD1 for lunch at a pub with outside tables overlooking the river! wine

Enjoy your days everyone.sunshine

whitewave Thu 30-Mar-17 07:20:43

Morning all

Started very promising but has clouded over since.
Dog having strip and wash and brush up today - so not good day for him.
Im in garden.

Nana3 Thu 30-Mar-17 07:19:45

Good morning Mick and everyone. Grey and breezy start in Lancashire but the weather forecast says the sun will come out. Visiting mum this morning, she does say some strange things, she asked me if I'd seen my mum sad.
Going on a WI outing this afternoon.
Hope you all feel well and have a good day.

Mapleleaf Thu 30-Mar-17 07:19:39

Morning Mick, morning all. A bit cloudy at the moment, but looks to be breaking up and is forecast to be warm later on here in south Yorks with perhaps an odd shower. Just watching a cat perusing his territory. I keep an eye on him and chase him off if he starts to annoy the birds. His owner has put on a collar with a bell on. Don't know where he lives, but he makes a regular appearance in my garden. Not sure how to discourage him really. Don't want to frighten him. Any ideas?

ninathenana Thu 30-Mar-17 07:18:44

Morning Mary

ninathenana Thu 30-Mar-17 07:17:28

Morning Mick and everyone
Grey in Kent too. H and I are having lunch with friends who are visiting from France where they moved 6 mths ago.

Marydoll Thu 30-Mar-17 07:17:15

Good morning Mick and all. Miserable here in Renfrewshire, I hope it clears up, so that we can get out with the pram. Yesterday was exhausting with DGD, stuck inside, as she is bumping into everything. Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Thu 30-Mar-17 07:09:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but windy and bright here in Brackley this morning.
Mick