Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(21 Posts)
Swanny Tue 04-Apr-17 09:38:09

Good morning everyone. Grey day forecast here in N London with some rain due about teatime. What a contrast to the last couple of days, although the wind has blown most of the blossom off the flowering cherries in our road. Looks like confetti everywhere smile.

Waiting in again for the gas engineer who didn't turn up last Tuesday. Hopefully he'll arrive soon so I can go food shopping for the essentials - I've run out of cappuccino sachets for me and white chocolate ice lollies for DGS grin

Good luck with all the hospital appointments etc, hope you all have as good a day as possible.

Tippy22 Tue 04-Apr-17 09:28:35

Very grey and gloomy in Sussex. Bit of a nothing to do day so clearing out wardrobes. Enjoy your day everyone and all those with hospital visits hope they all go well.

hildajenniJ Tue 04-Apr-17 09:24:06

Good morning everyone.
This is my new time to visit gn. Since retiring, I have no need to rush around in the mornings. It's sunny at the moment in the Tyne Valley, let's hope it lasts. DH and I are starting the 5:2 diet again, today is our first fasting day so, what to make for lunch, our main meal?
Have a good day everyone.

rosesarered Tue 04-Apr-17 09:19:33

Good Morning to all, grey day and with hospital check up looming for DH,not the best of days.The worry about finding a parking space is always there, which adds to any strain( and it really shouldn't!)
High pollen today I should think, as the blossom in our garden is amazing, what a warm week can do.?

harrigran Tue 04-Apr-17 09:15:56

Good morning, 9 degrees and dry.
Lunch with my two sisters today, had a brief phone call to say to meet at one of their homes and then we will go to a restaurant. It would be nice to know where they have chosen so that I can dress suitably, if I wear a white top it will almost certainly be an Italian restaurant grin

PRINTMISS Tue 04-Apr-17 09:04:19

Good morning to you all, dull and dreary here, but we are off to a Parkinsons get together this afternoon, so we shall be going out. So many folk have hospital visits and feeling poorly this morning, it seems a bit odd to say "Enjoy your days" but never-the-less, I hope all goes well for the hospital visits and the poorly folk get a little better, so Enjoy your days, in whatever way you are able.

hulahoop Tue 04-Apr-17 08:52:07

Morning from Yorkshire it's overcast this morning but happy inside my new grandson is coming for first visit to our house ?Where did you go marydoll we love train travel . Good luck for all with hospital visits x

Marydoll Tue 04-Apr-17 08:31:30

Good morning all. Just on way back home from Leeds after a fabulous trip on the Flying Scotsman. The weather was lovely and such friendly people. I too had a hospital visit yesterday, but asked to postpone, as I would never get this opportunity again. Good luck all with hospital visits and other visits.

NfkDumpling Tue 04-Apr-17 08:18:24

Thanks Corner. All these hospital visits - is it our age ?!

cornergran Tue 04-Apr-17 08:16:29

Take care, nfk, slow down a bit if you can.

Pittcity Tue 04-Apr-17 08:16:02

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
I have turned off the heating and have several loads of washing that I was hoping to dry outside. Looks like this has tempted fate!
All the best for hospital visits and meetings/standoffs to all.

cornergran Tue 04-Apr-17 08:15:35

Morning All. Grey and chilly in our corner of Somerset. Hospital this morning then a visit to Littlest this afternoon. Hoping the motorway fairy will be kind to us once we stop/start through the traffic to get to it. Goodness, a stand off for whitewave, hospital for mawb and her husband, a castle for kitty (be careful in the dungeon smile), and pre surgery visit for newquay and her husband. What a Tuesday and apologies to anyone I have missed out. Hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 04-Apr-17 08:15:13

Morning All

Bright and sunny again in Norfolk, but I gather it may not last.

Have taken myself back to bed for a while as I'm feeling unexpectedly wobbly. I had the staples taken out of my leg yesterday and I rather think I was more anxious about having it done than I realised! That and a trip to the physio, calling in on the way past to see DiL who's poorly and make sure she's eating. Perhaps I rather did too much!

A couple of friends are calling in today so chatting, tea and cakes this afternoon!

Newquay Tue 04-Apr-17 07:58:00

Morning all from an overcast Staffordshire.We have a hospital visit this morning too, to get DH's bloods done before hip replacement on Friday. It should have been last Thursday but was postponed a week.
I had same op a few years ago and DH was brilliant carer. Am concerned as I don't have the stamina he had then and. . . . . I don't enjoy cooking either! Just want to do the best I can of course.

MawBroon Tue 04-Apr-17 07:30:35

I'm sensing a stand offf here whitewave grin
I wonder who will weaken first?? ?☕️

whitewave Tue 04-Apr-17 07:28:23

Morning all

Hope your Hospital visit is successful maw

Rain here on South Downs and we had chilly fog all day yesterday.

Out to lunch today with a friend, first time we've met up since our friend Gill died sad

Sat here feeling miffed as the dog has just pulled up a newly planted ivy by the little waterfall, we aren't on speaking terms at the moment, as he wouldn't come in when I told him to and we had a very unbecoming scramble around the garden as I tried to get him to do as he was told. He's sat one end of the sofa and I'm on the other.

Greyduster Tue 04-Apr-17 07:27:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull but dry in South Wales. We are off home in about an hour hoping for a better journey than yesterday when our six month old car had a nervous breakdown and we had to wait an hour for the AA to come out!! Have a good day folks!

ninathenana Tue 04-Apr-17 07:22:36

Morning everyone.
It's raining steadily in Kent. Can't complain, we haven't seen this much rain for weeks. H is supposed to be doing one of his gardening jobs today. Rain is forecast to stop about 9 am. Hhmmmmm

MawBroon Tue 04-Apr-17 07:18:23

Good morning mick, kittylester and all yet to get here from a very still, as yet overcast but promising North Bucks.
Not that we will be here to enjoy it as we are off to the Royal Free in London.
We aren't going till 11 but DH has been awake since before 6 ?

kittylester Tue 04-Apr-17 06:39:42

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is grey with dark clouds in North Leicestershire and we have planned a trip to Warwick Castle with 2 dgds. hmm

Enjoy your days everyone!

12Michael Tue 04-Apr-17 06:36:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but its a grey start here in Brackley this morning , feels mild though.
Mick