Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
Tippy22 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:29:44

Sunny and chilly in Sussex at the moment hope it gets a little warmer as a lot to do outside today. Enjoy your day everyone.

Newquay Thu 06-Apr-17 08:28:59

Morning all-overcast here in Staffordhsire.
Was planning on usual keep fit this morning but woke up room spinning round. When I turned to the side it stopped! So will do some keep fit at home insteadsad not the same. . .

PRINTMISS Thu 06-Apr-17 08:15:31

Good morning to you all, you will know now that I am NOT and early riser - used to be, quite enjoy a lie in these days. We have another lovely morning, but we shall be spending it at the hospital (if transport arrives, use Dial-a-ride) Nothing serious, just the physio checking out some exercises for the other half, which he will not bother with, but at least is showing willing to try. Other than that, not a lot happening. Enjoy your days.

whitewave Thu 06-Apr-17 08:07:28

Good morning all you lay-a-beds!!!

Another glorious day but starting chilly. The sun is strong though and it soon warms up.

Off to lunch with a newly retired friend today. Hear all about her retirement cruise.

Must have a look at my sweet peas that I planted out yesterday make sure they are feeling OK. Dithering about a clematis that hasn't appeared yet. I have a feeling it has been mullered by slugs so might rescue it and pot it up to recover this season. It is a late flowered Lady Di - quite expensive to buy.

Enjoy your day everyone including those who cant get up in the morning - mentioning no names Mick.

Pittcity Thu 06-Apr-17 08:00:30

Good morning from a sunny Colchester. Just about to put washing out!
Haircut this morning followed by a visit to local Age Concern to acquaint them with Gransnet Local.
This afternoon helping DH in the garden.

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Apr-17 07:59:08

As Greyduster says, it's bright and cold here in South Yorks at the moment. Started like this yesterday, then clouded up with just some sunny breaks. Hope it stays brighter today. Been listening to the starling that has set up home in our eaves. It sounds like he's got pit boots on, the way he's clattering about. Once the nesting season is done, I suppose we'll have to get someone with a ladder to clear it out and block the entrance, otherwise I've visions of him bursting a hole through the bedroom ceiling next Spring!! DH can't climb up ladders these days ?

harrigran Thu 06-Apr-17 07:53:59

Good morning, sunny but a chilly 4 degrees here in the north east.
GP appointment at lunchtime with yet another doctor, can never get an appointment with the same one. It means telling your history yet again.

cornergran Thu 06-Apr-17 07:41:32

Morning All. Pleased all is well mick, you are allowed a lie in smile. Sunny start here as well. Catch up day and some cleaning. Exciting eh? Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Thu 06-Apr-17 07:39:45

Good for you, Mick! I'm all for that!

Greyduster Thu 06-Apr-17 07:39:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice sunny but very cold start in South Yorkshire this morning. I am not in a hurry to get moving this morning having had a week of early starts so far. Laundry, a bit of housework, and decorating some buns for a cake sale at GS's school tommorrow. Have a good day, folks!

12Michael Thu 06-Apr-17 07:38:25

Just laid in later than planned
Mick

MawBroon Thu 06-Apr-17 07:30:33

Good morning all!
Another sunny start to today but "fresh" might describe the temperature.
DH off for more blood again and I am going to a village funeral of a very well-loved and respected man who made a massive contribution to our church and village. I am hoping it will be an uplifting memorial of his life not a gloomy event.

Nana3 Thu 06-Apr-17 07:27:19

Good morning all, sunny this morning in Lancashire.
Washing on the line nina, impressive.
We're all packed up and ready for our drive to France.
Mum was different yesterday, alert, playing dominoes and had enjoyed the armchair exercises. The day before she hardly opened her eyes.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Thu 06-Apr-17 07:24:46

Morning Mick, morning all.

Grey here in Renfrewshire, but at least it's dry. DGD here today, so up and about, washing on, Chelsea buns in oven (she loves dried fruit). A walk to the cafe with the pram, I hope.
Have a good day all.

NfkDumpling Thu 06-Apr-17 07:24:31

Morning All

Bright and sunny, but rather chilly in Norfolk. Sitting waiting for DGS to be dropped off as we have the pleasure of taking him for his booster jab this morning. Kinder egg at the ready! Then this afternoon I have the bliss of a reflexology massage. She's coming to the house as I can't mange the steep stairs at the salon. I hope it works as well.

kittylester Thu 06-Apr-17 07:22:48

Morning nina. I was waiting too and hoping Mick was ok!

kittylester Thu 06-Apr-17 07:21:06

Morning Mick, morning all.

It a lovely bright start in North Leicestershire too. I hope the weather is similar in Warwickshire as we are meeting a couple of DH's friends from University, plus their wives, for lunch. We do this 3/4 times and I'm always amused by what those 3 typical 1960s dental students would make of their older selves meeting for lunch in a nice restaurant and refusing another drink. grin

ninathenana Thu 06-Apr-17 07:20:24

Morning Mick I've been waiting for you. Your a little later this morning smile
Morning everyone.

Sunny start in Kent. I have washing on the line and when H gets up we will decide what we're doing.

12Michael Thu 06-Apr-17 07:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny here in Brackley this morning, hopefully get out later.
Mick