Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Apr-17 06:38:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with a grey misty look this morning outside here in Brackley.
Mick

Marydoll Fri 07-Apr-17 07:11:42

Good morning Mick, and all GNs. Hope you are well Mick. Grey and breezy here in Renfrewshire. BIL has majory surgery today to prepare him for Dialysis. It has already been cancelled once due to lack of beds. He is not a well man, so worried sick. We have DDG today and will visit SIL with her to keep her company.

kittylester Fri 07-Apr-17 07:25:02

Morning all!

It's a lovely bright start today in North Leicestershire. I am helping on an Alzheimer's Society awareness event today so I'm pleased that it isn't raining!

Hope all goes well for your bil today, marydoll - my friend's husband has dialysis and is fine.

Enjoy your days everyone. sunshine

loopylou Fri 07-Apr-17 07:29:21

Good morning, it's a lovely bright start here in Wiltshire.
I hope everything goes well for your BIL marydoll ?
Hoping to sit in the sun with a book because I've just spent two days digging DD's garden and I ache! Am looking after friend's very self-opinionated Jack Russell for a few days so plenty of walks to be had too.
Have a lovely day everyone.

cornergran Fri 07-Apr-17 07:43:20

Morning All. Bright start in our corner of Somerset. Mr C has a hospital,appointment then the food shop. Hope all,goes well marydoll, love your description of the doggie-lodger loopyloo. Hope Friday is kind to everyone

Greyduster Fri 07-Apr-17 08:16:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun, like me, is late getting up in South Yorkshire today. I hope it will be warmer than yesterday. We have some gardening to do today, and food shopping, but otherwise, a quiet day. Have a good day, whatever you are doing!

ninathenana Fri 07-Apr-17 08:19:46

Morning all.
A bright start in Kent although not yet sunny. Yesterday was glorious and we had the patio door wide open for the first time this year. The usual Friday trip to Asda later.
Wishing your BiL all the best marydoll

whitewave Fri 07-Apr-17 08:22:38

Morning all

Another glorious day. Enjoyed lunch yesterday and after sat on the Terrace with coffee looking out over the Sussex Weald to the South Downs in the most lovely of weather.

Mums today.

Enjoy your day everyone

Anniebach Fri 07-Apr-17 08:25:08

Good morning all from Mid Wales, Derek has promised sunshine continuing fir weekend

PRINTMISS Fri 07-Apr-17 08:25:53

Good morning to you all, sun is shining, not sure of the temperature, not been out yet. Successful visit to physio at the hospital yesterday for the other half. Came home full of good intentions about exercise, we shall see. Hope all goes well for those who are not well. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Fri 07-Apr-17 08:42:46

Good morning Mick, good morning all. It's still overcast and dull in South Yorks, as greyduster says. Hoping it brightens and warms up later. I hope all goes well for your BiL, marydoll flowers

Pittcity Fri 07-Apr-17 08:44:04

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Restful day here started with a lie in.
Walking into town with DS later as he is having vaccinations ahead of a trip to Cambodia.

TerriBull Fri 07-Apr-17 08:48:01

Good morning a lovely sunny day here in the south east. Yesterday was gorgeous I took my little grandson to the playground in Bushy Park we had a lovely time until he threw a wobbler when I got him off the swing to make way for an ever growing queue, so many people were there being such a sunny day and school holidays, however he's not 3 yet so hopefully he will grasp the concept of sharing somewhere along the line. Having lunch with an old friend today so hopefully a tantrum free time smile

harrigran Fri 07-Apr-17 08:52:59

Good morning, it is a grey day here after a lovely sunny few days.
Got really annoyed at comments made by GP yesterday, more or less suggested my vitamin D deficiency was my own fault because I wasn't eating mackerel and got a lecture about getting sun on my skin to aid the production of the vitamin angry

MawBroon Fri 07-Apr-17 09:15:28

Had(having!) a bit of a pie in after being woken at 5.30 to let Grace ou ?
Another lovely sunny morning here, but still fresh. Perfect Spring weather!
Special good wishes to Marydoll and her BIL, worrying times not helped by the cancellation of his surgery.

MawBroon Fri 07-Apr-17 09:16:09

No not a PIE in blush a lie in !!!

Tippy22 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:20:58

Sunny and cold in Sussex. Beautiful day yesterday the beach was really busy now the schools have broken up. Enjoy your day everyone.

rosesarered Fri 07-Apr-17 10:39:47

Good morning to all ( I fancy a pie now) but will make do with a biscuit with my coffee.smile Girgeous weather here, so sunny and lovely, it's a pottering in the garden day mixed with a bit ( not a lot) of housework.Have a nice day.?

Gymstagran Fri 07-Apr-17 12:47:44

Good afternoon everyone . Lovely weather in West Midlands too. I'm having a rest between personal training session this morning and giving a talk on Macular Degeneration and the Macular Society this evening. Enjoy you day and weekend.