Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
Thebeeb Sat 08-Apr-17 21:58:27

I've been to Beccles today in the sunshine too. Yes it was lovely.

lucycakeface Sat 08-Apr-17 21:02:36

We had brekky this morning in Beccles in Suffolk, it was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining and outside the pub a very talented lady was playing an accordion and singing. Lots of people were outside and eating breakfast and enjoying the entertainment. I would say that Beccles was blossoming in the sun this morning!

hildajenniJ Sat 08-Apr-17 09:13:38

Good morning everyone.
Lovely sunny day in the Tyne Valley. I haven't had my shower yet, as the water flow is very poor! I hope it recovers soon. We share the water supply with next door so perhaps my neighbour has her washing on. I hope it's not the mains supply.
Looking for a mince recipe for the 5:2 diet as we're having our fast day again today.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.

kittylester Sat 08-Apr-17 09:10:14

Morning all!

It is looking like a glorious day in North Leicestershire but I'm not up yet. It has been a lovely lie in nina - I was really tired after a long morning trying to raise awareness of the work of the Alzheimer's Society and then a Sainsbury's shop!

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Apr-17 09:09:57

marydoll not maydoll. Fat finger syndrome!

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Apr-17 09:08:55

maydoll, sorry to hear that your BiL's op was cancelled.flowers

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Apr-17 09:06:48

Morning all. As greyduster says, it's wall to wall sunshine here in South Yorks, but still rather chilly. Supposed to warm up though. Off to buy a new microwave later today. Our old one finally gave up the ghost this week. It was only 30, too ??

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Apr-17 09:04:12

Morning All

A lovely still sunny morning with blackbirds taking the lead in the birdie choir.

A bit of a lay in this morning as I had an uncomfortable night. Back and knee were vieing with each other for discomfort.

DH, DS and DGS are outside now packing up our sailing boat to put her back in the water - hopefully she hasn't dried out too much and will float! Still it's a perfect day for it as she has to be swung in on a crane. Can get a bit hairy in a breeze!

TerriBull Sat 08-Apr-17 08:43:18

Good morning from the south east I woke at 6am to the sound of birdsong and as the sun broke through there was a lovely pink glow in the sky. It looks as if it is going to be hot and sunny like yesterday, hope so. We are going into town early for a few essentials and a coffee and then I will come back and get stuck into the ironing which has been building up, seems like we all do that on this thread smile This afternoon I'm going swimming, I'm trying to build up my lengths it helps me sleep better, I think!

sue1169 Sat 08-Apr-17 08:38:19

Morning All.beautiful but still chilly in Lancashire...al fresco lunch planned here with friend..2 darling grandaughters here later for a sleepover....enjoy the weekend everyone!!☀☀

Anniebach Sat 08-Apr-17 08:33:57

Good morning all from Mid Wales, another sunny day promised

whitewave Sat 08-Apr-17 08:30:06

Morning

Another lovely morning. Am so enjoying this spell of weather. Garden centre to get grow bags for cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes today.

Have a good day

Greyduster Sat 08-Apr-17 08:29:39

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Wall to wall sunshine this morning, but very cold in South Yorkshire. Hope it warms up later. Not sure what we will be doing today, but I, too, have ironing piling up! Have a good day, folks.

ninathenana Sat 08-Apr-17 08:26:28

Hope your just having a deserved lay in kitty

ninathenana Sat 08-Apr-17 08:25:04

Morning all.
Hazy sunshine in Kent but due to get better.
How frustrating for you all Marydoll sad I hope the poor man has his op soon.

PRINTMISS Sat 08-Apr-17 08:05:07

Good morning to you all, really heavy mist here, and quite chilly.
I think the sun will eventually break through, there is a brightness out there. I seem to have accumulated a pile of ironing, I do not know who it is who wears all these clothes, and how the ironing manages to pile up. Must get cracking on that this morning and then off to the shops. Had a bowls annual meeting yesterday, was good to meet up with folk we have not seen for a few months. All of us are getting older and finding it difficult to fit so many games into our sport. Such is life. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Sat 08-Apr-17 07:59:34

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Chilly now but 20 degrees is forecast.
Shopping day for food, garden stuff and furniture. We need a new bed!

Mildred Sat 08-Apr-17 07:55:13

Good morning all, bright and sunny in Liverpool today about to hang washing on the line, GC have gone glamping so a peaceful weekend, will get out in the garden.

harrigran Sat 08-Apr-17 07:39:03

Good morning, lovely bright morning but it is frosty.
Waiting to find out if GC are visiting this weekend or whether they will take advantage of the good weather and go walking.

Marydoll Sat 08-Apr-17 07:38:24

Morning Mick, Cornergran and all GNs, grey and breezy again here. Where is our share of the nice weather?
Thanks for all the good wishes for BIL's op yesterday. The op was cancelled at the last minute in the theatre as they could not find a vein! He has so many problems, yet he never complains. we are all a bit down and exhausted after yesterday.
Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

cornergran Sat 08-Apr-17 07:24:15

Morning Mick. Morning All. Bit misty in our corner of Somerset but we are promised another lovely day. Six hour volunteering shift today then granddaughters for a sleepover so won't be bored. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Sat 08-Apr-17 06:50:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright and sunny start here in Brackley this morning hopefully a nice warm day.
Mick