Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-Apr-17 07:03:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but a cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

ninathenana Wed 12-Apr-17 07:20:31

Morning Mick and everyone.
A sunny but chilly start in Kent . Not a lot planned, H has work all day.
It's our anniversary but apart from exchanging cards it will go un noticed after all these years smile

kittylester Wed 12-Apr-17 07:30:28

Morning Mick, morning nina.

Bright with a few clouds in North Leicestershire too. I'm off to help on a CrISP course this morning and then home to 2 dgc whom Dh will have coped with by himself for the whole morning.shock

Have a lovely anniversary nina and try to celebrate in some way. flowerswine

NfkDumpling Wed 12-Apr-17 07:46:08

Morning All

And a Happy Anniversary Nina! It rained in our bit of Norfolk last night! Not enough according to DH - but his cup is always mostly empty. The skies are clearing now so it should be another lovely day.

Nothing planned except for his regular MOT over at the doctors. I had a deep massage yesterday on my back and legs. My back feels so much better but it's left me feeling rather stiff. And I think he's got the swelling on my operated leg down quite a bit so I'll be spending time with said leg stuck up high on the back of the sofa! Toes over nose!!

Pittcity Wed 12-Apr-17 07:51:41

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Usual Wednesday coffee morning has moved to the Roman Circus which has reopened for the Summer. Look forward to seeing the new additions to a fascinating free museum.

Greyduster Wed 12-Apr-17 07:54:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Happy Anniversary, nina! A very grey day in South Yorkshire. Rain is on the cards. I am sitting here waiting for GS to arrive for the day; haven't got a lot planned but we usually take our lead from him. We will go swimming this pm though, and then drop in on my niece on the way to taking him back home. Have a happy day, folks.

cornergran Wed 12-Apr-17 08:01:46

Morning All from a cloudy and windy cornermen Somerset. Off to our housebound friend today. Hoping the motorway fairy will be on our side. Happy anniversary nina, treat yourself to something? flowers, wine. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

PRINTMISS Wed 12-Apr-17 08:11:08

Good morning to you all from a rather overcast and chilly coast, no sun to take the chill off. Happy Anniversary nina and take care Nfk. I am not sure what today will bring forth, the o.h. would like to go to meet our friends at bowls, but of course it depends very much on how he feels. He has started doing the exercises he was given by the P.D nurse and says these make him feel much better, that is until he gets fed up with doing them! Anyway, each day brings it's own surprise so we shall wait and see. Enjoy your days.

Grannybug Wed 12-Apr-17 08:38:40

Good morning everyone and happy anniversary Nina. It's a grey start with some blue sky trying to break though in Northamptonshire this morning. Enjoy Wednesday.

Tippy22 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:40:16

Very grey and chilly here in Sussex. Enjoy your day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 12-Apr-17 08:40:50

Good morning Mick and all grans from a dull, damp Renfrewshire. I just long for the day when I can say "sunshine here.
Happy anniversary Nina
Off to Glasgow to meet friends for lunch. We are all ex teachers who worked with the most vulnerable children and will spend lunch reminiscing about our days working together. It is such a tonic, as my friends have a very dry sense of humour and I am having a lot of pain due to my RA. Their great company takes my mind off my pain.

Mildred Wed 12-Apr-17 08:54:33

Good morning all, happy anniversary nina going to lunch at with daughter and GC. Thinking it might be a good idea to stop watching the news, it is so alarming.

harrigran Wed 12-Apr-17 08:54:56

Good morning, it is overcast and trying to rain plus it is still windy. I am going to do some work in the study and get on with my book.
Happy anniversary nina flowers

whitewave Wed 12-Apr-17 09:09:34

Morning!!

flowers nina

Dull and cooler today. I'm still recovering from the shock of the vets bill yesterday. Dog feels fine I'm still wobbly!!

Garden centre today to get the grow bags we should have got last week. Cucumbers must be transplanted as they are growing like mad.

Then off for a walk probably along the river as it is a bit chilly up on the Downs today. We will see.

Get some food and gifts for the weekend festivities also some Euros for eldest GS.

Enjoy your day everyone

Mapleleaf Wed 12-Apr-17 09:45:25

Morning all. Windy & cloudy. Looks cold, too. Going out later this pm- great nephews birthday tea. Happy anniversary nina flowers

hildajenniJ Wed 12-Apr-17 09:55:41

Good morning everyone.
It's raining over the Tyne Valley, it's also quite cool and breezy. We should all welcome the rain, just like this little girl.http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/458405/VIDEO-Adorable-toddler-s-reaction-to-seeing-rain-for-the-first-time-goes-viral

hildajenniJ Wed 12-Apr-17 09:56:57

Oops, forgot the brackets. www.express.co.uk/news/weird/458405/VIDEO-Adorable-toddler-s-reaction-to-seeing-rain-for-the-first-time-goes-viral