Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Thu 13-Apr-17 06:38:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky but looks like it may have been cold overnight here in Brackley.
Mick

NfkDumpling Thu 13-Apr-17 06:42:31

Morning Mick, morning All

A still, sunny, chilly morning here in North Norfolk.

Up early as DH is starving and drinking horrible gloop in preparation for a colonoscopy this afternoon. Deep Joy.

MawBroon Thu 13-Apr-17 06:54:21

Good morning all.
Feeling for you and Mr Dumpling in Norfolk, DH has the same treat in store for Saturday morning with the Moviprep "cleanse" tomorrow. ?? Blood transfusion first today though but either way he will be feeling rubbish as I expect your DH is. Best of luck!
(I am also not looking forward to driving him to London at sparrow fart on Saturday but that's my problem)
Wishing you all a pleasant(er) day!

cornergran Thu 13-Apr-17 07:02:45

Morning All. Having had the experience I well understand the joys of colonoscopy preparation for those undergoing it and those on the shall we say periphery. I found the prep far worse than the event hmm. That drive isn't fun mawb, hope it goes without incident. Last night's red sky has resulted in horrid cloud this morning, come on shepherds, you've let us down. Oh well, the washing will be done anyway, along with the cleaning and food shop, blood test somewhere in the middle. Routine day. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone, especially those with medical 'stuff'.

kittylester Thu 13-Apr-17 07:09:21

Morning all!

It's a bright chilly start in North Leicestershire and we have been up since Maw's proverbial sparrow's fart as Bertie and Persie have too! Listening to them chatting over the listener is fabulous though.

Morning Persie
Morning Bertie
Shall we get up and go to ma and pa's room!
Not yet Bertie, I'm still asleep.
gringrin

Enjoy your days everyone.sunshine

Greyduster Thu 13-Apr-17 07:35:33

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Sunny but cold in South Yorkshire this morning. Oh dear, I do feel for those undergoing colonoscopy prep. It's horrid. I am off this morning to the Dental Hospital to have a biopsy on the inside of my bottom lip, so I shall be sucking soup through a straw for dinner most likely. Have a good day, folks.

kittylester Thu 13-Apr-17 07:45:01

Good luck with the 'blip on the lip' gd.

ninathenana Thu 13-Apr-17 07:47:25

Morning all

Why couldn't I find this at 7.15 am confused
A sunny start in Kent but possible showers later. A busy day today, H has eye screening at 9.30 then garden centre and lunch out for his birthday.
Have a good day everyone.

Tippy22 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:55:24

Lovely and sunny here in Sussex and not so windy. Maundy Thursday today. The Queen's handing out the money in Leicester I believe. Good luck to everybody with hospital visits.

Mapleleaf Thu 13-Apr-17 07:56:26

Morning all, bright at the moment, but chilly, as greyduster says. Our heating kicked in earlier so it must be. Good luck to all of you with hospital tests and appointments. Hope all goes well. Here's some flowers and cake to cheer you. flowers cupcake, oh and a glass of wine greyduster to suck with a straw. wine

harrigran Thu 13-Apr-17 08:09:19

Good morning, windy and a cool 5 degrees. No word on who is visiting this weekend so I will just have to fill the fridge and hope I have covered all tastes.
Prep for colonoscopy is a bummer grin
Good luck to all having procedures.

PRINTMISS Thu 13-Apr-17 08:20:38

Good morning to you all, ans what a lot of folk are going to hospital/doctors, hope all goes well for you, at least getting some of it over before the Easter holiday. We have a bright morning again, and nothing special planned, although I really MUST get cracking on planting the runner beans and dividing some pots which have become about crowded. I am slower than ever these days. Enjoy your days.

PRINTMISS Thu 13-Apr-17 08:21:59

'ans?' and 'about?' and and a bit. No excuse just bad typing.

Pittcity Thu 13-Apr-17 08:36:53

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Chilly but we've had no rain here for ages.
Housework, ironing and shopping today. The shops are shut on Sunday so everyone will be panic buying!
Love to all with medical tests and God bless the NHS, we may not enjoy it but the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Gymstagran Thu 13-Apr-17 09:27:19

Morning all - training done and it was chilly first thing, glad I wasn't outside. Meeting up with my two sisters for lunch and a gossip. Good luck with all the hospital appointments. Hope you all enjoy you the rest of your day.

hildajenniJ Thu 13-Apr-17 09:54:33

Good morning everyone.
With the way my DS's work falls over the weekend, we're doing Easter dinner today. A bit like Christmas with turkey and all the trimmings. This evening, DH and I are going to the Theatre Royal in Newcastle to see Mama Mia. We've had it booked for over a year!
Good luck with all the hospital appointments and biopsies everyone, hope all goes well.
Oh, I almost forgot the Tyne Valley weather. Broken cloud and sunshine but with a cold breeze.

whitewave Thu 13-Apr-17 10:04:26

Good morning

Late clocking in this morning, been preparing dinner!!

Another blue sunny day but chilly.

Might do some supporting, weeding and tie-ing in today. Have to start feeding the roses too.

Still very dry. Not that I'm complaining!!

Enjoy your day