Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Good Friday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Apr-17 06:37:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its feeling colder this morning in Brackley with dark cloud above.
Shopping etc this morning like a Sunday but not.
Mick

cornergran Fri 14-Apr-17 06:53:44

Morning Mick, morning All. Chilly and cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Playing catchup today, trying to avoid the shops, not sure I will succeed. Hope this Good Friday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Fri 14-Apr-17 07:43:12

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Family coming this afternoon and we are going to an Easter Bunny hunt nearby just as rain is forecast. Typical Bank Holiday then!

kittylester Fri 14-Apr-17 07:44:40

Morning Mick, morning corner, morning all.

Overcast and chilly in North Leicestershire this morning. I am doing very little today!

Enjoy your days everyone.sunshine

harrigran Fri 14-Apr-17 07:53:25

Good morning, cool and overcast here. Looks like typical bank holiday weather.

MawBroon Fri 14-Apr-17 07:54:41

Good morning everybody.
It is grey and overcast here but as we aren't going anywhere that's not a problem. A drop of rain might be good for the garden too!
The world and his dog will be crowding the motorways getting from A to B or from B to A so those of you travelling, - safe journeys!

Chewbacca Fri 14-Apr-17 08:01:52

Good morning and Happy Easter everyone. Cool, wet and overcast here in Cheshire but there's no work for me today so happy days! brew

Greyduster Fri 14-Apr-17 08:09:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Cool and overcast here in South Yorkshire too, with no breeze. A good fishing day, in fact! But I can't go, so we'll put that one back in the box sad. A quiet day I think. I am just waiting for my first cup of coffee of the day to cool down sufficiently for me to introduce it to my fat lip .... c'mon, c'mon!!!! Have a good day, folks.

ninathenana Fri 14-Apr-17 08:10:49

Morning all
Grey skies here in Kent too. Not sure about the temperature as I haven't made it downstairs yet.
We spent a fortune in the garden centre yesterday....as you do ! Perhaps we'd better be a bit careful with todays food shop smile

Marydoll Fri 14-Apr-17 08:12:02

Good morning all, wet, miserable and cold here in Renfrewshire. Off to supermarket to find a large turkey, as the family have all invited themselves to Easter Lunch.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Fri 14-Apr-17 08:19:28

Good morning all

Another blue sunny day. Still no rain!! Just hope it doesn't balance out with a wet summer.

Planting a Daphne odora Auremarginata the final shrub to complete the border.

Begin to feed the roses.

Mackerel for dinner.

Enjoy your day everyone

PRINTMISS Fri 14-Apr-17 08:24:56

Good morning to you all, a bright and sunny day again - we are really greedy in this area, we seem to grab all the sunshine that is available, would gladly pack some up and send it to the grey skies if I could. Had a good day potting up in the garden yesterday, so hope for another today, when I will, I think, have caught up with all that needs to be done in that direction. Might just sit, as well. Enjoy your days.

Tippy22 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:35:42

Very grey and gloomy but hopefully the sun will shine as it did late yesterday. Catching up with odd jobs and as my mother always told me not to do any washing on a bank holiday as it's bad luck I'll catch up on TV instead. Enjoy your day everyone and happy easter.

Mapleleaf Fri 14-Apr-17 09:03:38

Still cloudy and grey here, but a slightly brighter grey, if that makes sense ? Feels cold. Not a lot planned for today - don't fancy getting stuck in bank holiday traffic. Hope your lip soon starts to feel better greyduster flowers
Have a good day, everyone.

grannypiper Fri 14-Apr-17 09:06:18

Morning, Sunny spells here in South Carrick but showers arent far away.Good day for potting on.