Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Easter Saturday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Apr-17 06:54:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but bright and cold here in Brackley typical bank holiday weather.
I will absent from today until Tuesday on a coach trip for 2 days to a mystery location.
Will tell you where it was Tuesday.
Mick

Grannyknot Sat 15-Apr-17 06:57:54

How exciting, Mick, enjoy smile.

MawBroon Sat 15-Apr-17 07:05:14

Good morning Mick, GK and everybody.
That sounds intriguing Mick I hope you have a lovely time.
Up since 5.30 to get us ready to drive to London for DH's colonoscopy. (Long saga about a BAD night ?)
I shall be glad to get home this evening and have an early night!!
Wishing you all a pleasant day wherever you are and whatever your plans.

NfkDumpling Sat 15-Apr-17 07:21:30

Morning All

A beautiful morning here in Norfolk. DD1 and family arrived yesterday for the weekend. But then it gets complicated with various offspring coming and going. The idea was for a family weekend, but circumstances are conspiring against us.

Nana3 Sat 15-Apr-17 07:28:39

Good morning GNers. Sunny in Lancashire at the moment.
We came home from France yesterday. Back to reality today.
All the best to you and your DH MawBroon.
Have a good time Mick.
Hope you all have a good Saturday.

cornergran Sat 15-Apr-17 07:29:53

Morning All. The weather from inside looking out is grey, windy and thoroughly miserable. Looks like Duplo and cars rather than a sunny trip to the park. Enjoy your break mick, drive safely * mawb*. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Sat 15-Apr-17 07:38:19

Morning all.
Very grey in Kent this morning. Hopefully it will brighten as it did yesterday.
A little excited as we are collecting our new rescue cat this afternoon.You may remember we had to have our previous cat PTS.
I'm going to have the magical mystery tour as an earworm mick enjoy smile All the best to your H maw

whitewave Sat 15-Apr-17 07:55:15

Good morning all

Hope you don't get too knackered maw

nina what a lovely Easter gift!! What are you going to call him/her?

And mick have a lovely mysterious time!

I am hosting Mum today, so must boost the heating up to tropical!! If the sun is out the conservatory will be fine for her, otherwise just the heating isn't enough.
Lamb for lunch followed by rhubarb crumble and custard or clotted cream.
Put the sherry and wine on chill - mums partial to a tipple.
Mum prefers not to come on the busy family day as she gets razzled.

Must water again!!! Do a spot of weeding.

Enjoy your day everyone

harrigran Sat 15-Apr-17 08:06:03

Good morning, bright and sunny but very windy here in the north east.

PRINTMISS Sat 15-Apr-17 08:08:13

Good morning to you all, and once again we have sunshine, and without being ungrateful, we could really do with some rain!
Gardened yesterday, and did too much again, I will never learn, and today a trip to the shops to re-stock a few things. I hope you enjoy your mystery few days Mick and drive carefully Maw.Not sure how long you drive is. Enjoy your days.

Marydoll Sat 15-Apr-17 08:18:04

Good morning all, sunshine here at last. May get into garden to do a little work. It's really annoying me not being able to get the garden sorted. It has been so cold and wet recently.
Got ten for dinner tomorrow and still growing, so I am going to get some prep done.
Mick have a great time on your mystery tour.
Maw hope hospital visit goes well.

grannylyn65 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:22:16

Ooh .*whitewave*'can I come? all on my own sad

Tippy22 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:27:27

Grey but looks promising her

Tippy22 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:29:11

Whst happened there, still half asleep. Grey but looks promising for a good day. I think I'll go back to bed. Have a good one everybody.

Greyduster Sat 15-Apr-17 08:30:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Look forward to hearing where you've been, Mick. I've never been on a mystery tour, although our satnav seems to take us on them sometimes! Sunny here in South Yorkshire today. We may go over to help DD sort her front garden out later. Otherwise nothing much planned for the
Easter weekend.
I hope the day is not too trying for your DH and yourself, Maw. Not a pleasant experience. Take care.
Nina how lovely! I hope your new cat settles in quickly and takes over your household enjoys her new home! Have a good day, everyone.

Pittcity Sat 15-Apr-17 08:34:13

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It rained overnight for the first time in ages so the hose may get a rest today.
Quiet day today as DH is out volunteering with the local Air Cadets this weekend.

rosesarered Sat 15-Apr-17 08:39:16

Good morning and Happy Easter from me, here in Oxfordshire, a grey dry day to come ( we need rain!) Still, don't really want it to be wet for the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday.A lovely relaxing day for us here today, and hope younall enjoy it, whatever you are doing ( or not doing)???

Anniebach Sat 15-Apr-17 08:43:42

Good morning all from Mid Wales which according to Derek the weatherman is going to be a very wet Wales today

Juggernaut Sat 15-Apr-17 08:43:57

Blue sky and weak sunshine here in west Cheshire!
Off to meet DS, DDiL & DGS for a huge cooked breakfast at our local steakhouse!
I shall be ordering my usual, buttermilk coated chicken with waffles, maple cured bacon & maple syrup! A flat white coffee too, to wake me up again after all that food!
Then off for a long walk and nothing else to eat until dinner this evening!

kittylester Sat 15-Apr-17 08:54:17

Morning all.

It's a lovely bright day in North Leicestershire and, hopefully in Derby where we are going for lunch and an easter egg hunt with some dgc.

Tel us all about your mystery tour Mick - who is in charge of starting the thread? I nominate nina who is always up early. How lovely to be getting a new cat - lucky you.

Hope all goes well with your drive and DH's procedure, Maw and enjoy your lunch.

Luckygirl Sat 15-Apr-17 09:02:46

Grey and chilly in Herefordshire - got back from a hot week in Dorset (sounds good!) yesterday and am having to re-acclimatize!

Mystery tour eh? - very brave.

ninathenana Sat 15-Apr-17 09:31:39

I will try and "rise" wink to the challenge kitty

hildajenniJ Sat 15-Apr-17 10:08:45

Good morning everyone.
It's rather grey and cool in the Tyne Valley. Lamb chops for lunch, I'm currently trawling through recipes to try and find something different to do with them.
Mamma Mia on Thursday evening was brilliant, I haven't had so much fun in ages. I highly recommend the stage show.
Have a lovely day everyone.