Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(17 Posts)
hildajenniJ Tue 18-Apr-17 09:39:13

Good morning everyone.
From a lovely sunny Tyne Valley.
Today I am finishing off my washing and ironing. Ironing is a task I tend to put off, so today I'm doing it as it comes out of the dryer, or off the line!
Have a good day everyone. ??

Mapleleaf Tue 18-Apr-17 09:24:12

Good morning all. What a beautiful morning it is, too. A bit chilly, but you can wrap up for that. Pity it couldn't have been so bright over the Easter weekend. Glad you had a lovely trip, Mick.

TerriBull Tue 18-Apr-17 09:06:27

Good morning from the south east. Good and bad, sunny but cold. Food shopping, ironing, gym and cooking, with a lot of doing nothing in particular in between is my plan for today.

cornergran Tue 18-Apr-17 08:29:59

Morning All. That sounds a good break, mick. Still,cloudy in our corner of Somerset although sun is forecast. Still on catchup. Will get there one day. Hope all goes well today mawb. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Nana3 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:26:12

Good morning everyone. Sunny in Lancashire.
Shopping with DD this morning and visiting Mum this afternoon. Mum is mixed up with the generations, she said, "I'm worried about your Dad and my Mum."
It's got me thinking was it my Dad or her Dad confused, who knows.

Nelliemoser Tue 18-Apr-17 08:24:25

Goodmorning all. Sunny in Cheshire after yesterdays thick cloud. I am now waiting for a UPS man to collect my tablet computer for repair. (hopefully it can be repaired) but I want to get out in the garden, not hang about indoors.

PRINTMISS Tue 18-Apr-17 08:21:41

Good morning to you all, glad you enjoyed your 2 day break Mick, three of my favourite places visited. I envy you.
We have sunny weather here (like Tippy22) although we had some welcome rain overnight. Think the weeds might be easier to pull up this morning, the ground has been so dry. Enjoy your days.

MawBroon Tue 18-Apr-17 08:21:25

Good morning Mick and everybody. Glad you had a good time.
Sunny but COLD in this corner of N Bucks today.
Appointment at Royal Free today, I wonder what light they can shed on Saturday's total waste of time debacle.

Tippy22 Tue 18-Apr-17 08:18:05

Lovely sunny day in Sussex. Very chilly though. After lots of sorting out over the weekend the local tip beckons. What joy! Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Apr-17 08:16:35

Morning All
It was sunny here in Norfolk when I got up, but since there's been a couple of heavy showers and now its decidedly cloudy.
Off to see the physio this afternoon, then calling round on DD2 to share out the gorgeous chocolate puddings left over from the weekend. (A giant Jaffa cake, a huge Walnut Whip filled with marshmallow and M&Ms and a loaf sized KitKat!)

Greyduster Tue 18-Apr-17 08:06:28

Good morning, Michael - glad you enjoyed your trip, nice to see you back! Nina did a sterling job in your absence! Wall to wall sunshine in South Yorkshire this morning up very cold. I must get some ironing done, and then this afternoon I have a routine hospital appointment. Hope you all have a happy day.

Pittcity Tue 18-Apr-17 07:55:36

Good morning from sunny but chilly Colchester. DS is back to school for his GCSE term and DH is retiring at the end of the month. The tension is building in the house as they both pretend not to be worried!
I am cleaning while they are both out and then shopping...no change for me.

kittylester Tue 18-Apr-17 07:33:50

Morning Mick, good to have you back, morning all!

It is bright and chilly in North Leicestershire but I'm going out for lunch with a couple of friends so I'm happy whatever it does. roastchickenwinegrin

Hope Bertie is ok, nina.

whitewave Tue 18-Apr-17 07:21:59

Morning Mick

English Riviera then!!! Nice area. Glad you enjoyed it.

Morning nina hope mog is fine.

Chilly here but gloriously sunny. Had two drops of rain yesterday evening.

Bit of housework today. Cut back a rampant clematis on an obelisk, and some deadheading. First dwarf bearded iris out and standard irises in bud - one of my favourite flowers.

Have an excellent day everyone

Marydoll Tue 18-Apr-17 07:20:14

Good morning Mick, Nina and everyone. Glad you had a good trip, Mick. Promise of a good day here in Renfrewshire, but frost on the cars.
Up early to spend the day in the Rheumatology ward for some scans and hopefully some pain relief.
Schools are back today, so roads will be hectic first thing.DH will be grumpy!
Have a good day all,

ninathenana Tue 18-Apr-17 07:00:42

Morning Mick and everyone.
Good to have you back Mick I've been keeping your seat warm smile
I love the Torquay area.

Sunny start in Kent. After taking H to work I have food shopping to do.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Tue 18-Apr-17 06:44:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, must have also been cold overnight as well.
Anyway the destination of my Mystery 2 day was Torquay , weatherwise good there , also did paington and Brixham.
Mick