Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning WEdnesday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Wed 19-Apr-17 06:44:05

Good Morning Everyone,
its chilly out but nice blue sky bodes for a warm day here in Brackley.
Have booked 2 trips for later another show Beautiful about Carol King, and a ride behind on the flying Scotsman in September on the west Somerset railway in September just as expensive as seeing the musical.
Mick

kittylester Wed 19-Apr-17 07:00:27

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire but still chilly. Off to help on part 3 of a CrISP course and then the optician this afternoon.

Good trips booked Mick. The Flying Scotsman has come through our village a few times and the bridge over the track is always really crowded.

Marydoll Wed 19-Apr-17 07:15:32

Good morning Mick, Kitty and all.
Very chilly here this morning in Renfrewshire.
Off out later with the pram to Post Office and a catch up at the local cafe, as we have DGD all day.
Flying Scotsman sounds great Mick. We had a great time on it a few weeks ago. We are now trying to book the Union of South Africa over the Forth Rail Bridge in a few weeks.
Enjoy your day all.

MawBroon Wed 19-Apr-17 07:26:14

Good morning Mick, Kittylester, Marydoll and those still on their way here.
As elsewhere, a sunny but chilly morning with a heavy dew on the grass (or could it have been frost???)
Wishing you all a pleasant day - I am not looking forward to incurring my hairdresser's wrath by yet again cancelling my appointment because DH forgot to tell me he has an ENT appointment at the same time [shaking in my shoes]]

Greyduster Wed 19-Apr-17 07:50:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sun sun sun here in South Yorkshire this morning and GS is coming soon to tell us all about his Amsterdam adventures and spend the day here. Can't wait! ?. Have a happy day, folks.

thatbags Wed 19-Apr-17 07:53:08

Mornin', dudes. Not such a cold night (6° on waking as opposed to 0.4 the night before!) but visibility is minimal in a heavy mist.

Nana3 Wed 19-Apr-17 07:56:36

Good morning. Not raining at least in Lancashire. Busy day with DGD.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 19-Apr-17 08:00:10

Good morning from a sunny but chilly Colchester.
Wednesday coffee morning and taking DS for a rabies jab this afternoon.

whitewave Wed 19-Apr-17 08:04:04

Good morning all

Yet another glorious sunny day on the South Downs, but nippy. Promises to warm up though. Had to put up the blinds in the conservatory as the sun is getting too hot to sit comfortably now. They will stay until September.

The winter has been so dry that our water butts never filled up and they are now empty!! The garden is like dust - I am trying to limit watering to new plants. But I can see having to extend it if this goes on.

Today is a please myself day. I love those!!! So will.

Enjoy your day all

Tippy22 Wed 19-Apr-17 08:20:13

Lovely, sunny but very chilly. Routine chores and shopping today and a long walk if the sun stays out. Have a good one everybody.

ninathenana Wed 19-Apr-17 08:41:57

Morning all.
A sunny morning in Kent. Chilly here too. I woke with my arm on top the duvet and it was freezing. H working all day. So I'll be potterng indoors.
Have a good day everyone.

hildajenniJ Wed 19-Apr-17 08:45:43

Good morning everyone.
It is overcast but dry in the Tyne Valley. I won't be here for long though. DH and I are going to Castle Douglas to Threave Castle garden. It's about an hour and a half drive from here, but the countryside is lovely. Everywhere is quite a long drive from the Centre of Britain ?.
Have a lovely day everyone.

PRINTMISS Wed 19-Apr-17 08:51:20

Good morning to you all, a beautiful morning, but oh! the gardens do need some water, the ground is hard as concrete. Hope all who are out and about today enjoy their visits, and the railway journeys anticipated sound good - I do love riding on a train! I am hoping to join a friend at little club, not sure what will be happening, I have to rely on my friend to take me, and we did not get to last months, so it will be a surprise. Enjoy your days.

Grannybug Wed 19-Apr-17 08:53:35

Good morning all from a sunny Northamptonshire. Haven't been out yet so don't know how chilly it is. Enjoy Wednesday everyone.

harrigran Wed 19-Apr-17 08:55:26

Good morning, overcast here today and still cool for the time of the year.
I have an appointment with the Optician this morning and need to shop, sick of eating up the food we bought just in case the family visited, they didn't.

Mapleleaf Wed 19-Apr-17 09:16:20

Morning, Mick, morning, all. Your trips sound good, Mick - something nice to look forward to. We enjoy going on the Yorkshire Moorlander at Christmas time for Christmas lunch. Very relaxing with beautiful scenery to enjoy, too.
Sun is breaking through, so hopefully a pleasant day ahead. Hope to get the grass cut later.
Enjoy your day, everyone.