Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
hildajenniJ Thu 20-Apr-17 09:41:37

Good morning everyone.
The sun is trying to break through the clouds here in Tynedale. It seems like ages since I've seen it. No day out for us today. We are spring cleaning the kitchen! There is always far too much stuff in my cupboards.
Well, on with the rubber gloves and I'll make a start.
Out to dinner with friends tonight as a reward.
Have a good day everyone.

thatbags Thu 20-Apr-17 09:14:34

Morning, folks! A much milder for our part of Argyll last night with temp already at 9° when I got up at six-thirty. Now at a whopping 14° but it remains cloudy and a tad misty.

I acquired two ticks while hedging yesterday (3 so far this year). The O Tom Twister tick remover is going to be busy if this trend continues. And the gin that gets dabbed on the spots once the blood sucking blighter has been removed.

Greyduster Thu 20-Apr-17 08:43:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple is spot on with the weather here. I was awake at three and struggled to get off again so feel like a limp rag this morning. We had a lovely day with GS yesterday; he was such a pleasure to have around and great fun, but I was on my knees when he went home, so a quiet day today I think. Have a good day, folks.

PRINTMISS Thu 20-Apr-17 08:26:41

Good morning, overcast on the coast, another uncertain day, but no rain promised. The other half fell through the back door yesterday evening, I think he had been too busy all day, our gardener put some lawn fertiliser on and it had to be watered in and although I asked the other half not to do any more, he decided on last time! Anyway, fortunately he did not hurt himself, just a bundle on the floor, and managed to get himself up (with a little help). Oh! the joys of old age. Enjoy your days.

Tippy22 Thu 20-Apr-17 08:20:49

Grey day here too in Sussex. Quiet day in prospect hopefully. flowers nana3. Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Thu 20-Apr-17 08:14:45

Morning everyone. Another dull, grey morning in South Yorks. Looks like it has rained in the night. Feels a bit chilly. Here's hoping it brightens up later. A sad day for you Nana3 flowers

Pittcity Thu 20-Apr-17 08:02:56

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Hate to say this but we need some rain here. The spring growth is suffering despite my best watering efforts.
Walking Netball today to make up for missing Bank Holiday Monday.

Nana3 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:48:20

Good morning, damp in Lancashire. We a going to the funeral of DD's MiL. She died too young, a wonderful, kind lady.
Hope you all have a good day.

whitewave Thu 20-Apr-17 07:30:40

Good morning all

Grey and chilly out there on South Downs. First day with no sun for what seems ages. The cloud is high though so it may burn off.

Feed the bearded irises today and the pinks that edge the iris border, all in bud.

Water the bog bed as it is so dry, I have my "Geoffrey's" in there about to bloom, they are a baby pink poker type plant and I can't think for the life of me what they are called the last word is "superbum" but we bought them on a visit to Geoff Hammiltons garden and that's how they acquired their name.

Enjoy your day everyone

Marydoll Thu 20-Apr-17 07:14:26

Good morning all, dull here, but at least it's dry.
DGD again today, she was a delight yesterday, but we are exhausted this morning,
We haven't heard from SIL for two days, not like her. Going to walk round with pram to check all is OK.
Enjoy your day everyone.

mumofmadboys Thu 20-Apr-17 07:12:29

Bright day in Lakes. Has rained overnight. Off walking with U3A group today. Dog coming as well. And DH!

harrigran Thu 20-Apr-17 07:05:21

Good morning, it is overcast but not cold. I have been awake since it started to get light, reflux worse than I can ever recall so it is a rest day for me.
Optician told me yesterday that my eyes were fine, no real deterioration from the last test. Thank goodness for small mercies, the only part of me not falling apart.

kittylester Thu 20-Apr-17 06:54:50

Morning all.

It's grey and cold in North Leicestershire and I'd quite like to stay in bed but our cleaner is due at 8.30, DH is off out at 8 to collect DGC and I'm taking DS for a botox jab.

When I get back DH is off to Derby for time with different DGC and I'm taking the first lot home!

Then a sit down will be in order I think. wine

Grannybug Thu 20-Apr-17 06:50:01

Good morning from a grey Northamptonshire ... Hopeful that the sun will shine today ! Enjoy Thursday

cornergran Thu 20-Apr-17 06:49:00

Morning mick, mawb and All. Grey here too. Been awake since 5.30. Out with granddaughters later for lunch. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

MawBroon Thu 20-Apr-17 06:44:12

Good morning Mick and those still to get here. Grace obviously decided I had been in bed long enough by 6.30 ? but having let her out I am tucked up again.
Greyish outside and fresh, we shall see what the day brings! Hope it is a pleasant one for you all.

12Michael Thu 20-Apr-17 06:39:14

Good Morning Everyone,
its a grey start here in Brackley this morning feels as though it may been colder overnight.
Mick