Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(19 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 21-Apr-17 11:18:53

its a grey day here in Letchworth this morning. Off to do some chores in the greenhouse then out to the surgery for a blood test. Like mick i too have been low on the old Vit D now having test to see if the levels have raised since taking tablets everyday for last three months.

Grannybug Fri 21-Apr-17 10:23:16

Good morning from a grey and overcast Northamptonshire. Enjoy Friday.

Marydoll Fri 21-Apr-17 09:15:13

Good morning all, grey and drizzly here. Recovering after an exhausting two days of looking after just starting to walk, DGD. Out for an early lunch with family and then off to the Paisley beer festival, where I may partake of a little prosecco and sit and people watch. I hope all those feeling under the weather begin to feel better soon.
Enjoy your day everyone.

thatbags Fri 21-Apr-17 09:12:02

I second the advice to keep taking the painkillers for your earache, nina. Last time Minibags had an ear infection, the GP said 70% of ear infections clear up by themselves within 72 hours. He told me to give her both Calpol (paracetamol) and ibuprofen. It did seem to kill the pain and the infection did clear up within three days. Good luck! Earache is awful flowers

thatbags Fri 21-Apr-17 09:08:53

Morning, folks! Drizzly here but mild. Today I am going to dig a hole so that I can move some small bamboo that isn't doing awfully well where it is at the moment. Not most people's idea of excitement, I bet, but I just love being outside in my mad garden.

Happy days, dudes! ?

Mildred Fri 21-Apr-17 09:04:32

Good morning all, grey in Liverpool, off food shopping for the weekend. I take Vit D too Mick. Nina chemist might be able to help, I had earache, went to the drop in centre and nurse said take Ibruprofen every four hours and that it works better if you take them punctually just for 3 days. Might be worth a try if you can tolerate Ibruprofen.

Mapleleaf Fri 21-Apr-17 08:58:35

Still dull and cloudy here, as greyduster says, but the odd show of sunshine. Suspect it won't stay sunny very long though. Off to see a friend later for a catch-up. Hope your earache clears soon, nina.
Enjoy Friday, folks. ?

Tippy22 Fri 21-Apr-17 08:34:19

Very grey but not so cold today. Hope your ear gets better soon nina. Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Fri 21-Apr-17 08:31:40

Good morning from a sunny but windy north east where it is 11 degrees.
I am another one who takes vitamin D, prescribed after a blood test showed low levels.
Nothing planned for today but have another book to read which I am struggling with.

PRINTMISS Fri 21-Apr-17 07:56:01

Good morning to you all, and overcast here as well, but still no rain. My visit to the dentist yesterday was not as bad as I thought it would be, the pain I have been having on and off for some time now, is not due to an unhealthy wisdom tooth, but infected gums, so the tooth will not have to come out, which I was really dreading after a terrible experience with the last one. The receptionist at the dentist found me a really nice dentist (they change every six months or so, no continuity) so I was put at me ease immediately. Still have the pain, but no worry, perhaps that will stop me clenching my teeth. what a long post. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Fri 21-Apr-17 07:51:47

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Feels a little warmer than of late but still no rain.
Shopping in town with DD1 and DGS3 today.
Great minds Whitewave, I was thinking of sausage and mash for tonight too.

whitewave Fri 21-Apr-17 07:44:11

Good morning all

nina earache is soooo unpleasant and painful. But equally it is soon treated, so don't put up with it!! Off the doctors.

Gloomy again this morning, but I have high hopes that just like yesterday it will burn off and be another glorious day, which will see me watering like mad. Going to concentrate on the hostas today and give them a nitrogen feed.

Then Mums shopping and any jobs she wants doing. Easy meal tonight. Sausages and leek and potato mash with onion gravy.

Enjoy your day and may you soon be pain free nina

Nana3 Fri 21-Apr-17 07:42:49

Good morning. Grey but dry at least in Lancashire. Sorry about your earache nina. Good idea to take vitamin D mick.
Feeling down after funeral of DD's MiL yesterday, can't come to terms with it.
Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Fri 21-Apr-17 07:30:49

Morning all from a grey North Leicestershire. I have been thinking about taking Vit D too, Mick.

Sorry about your ear nina - it is sometimes caused by clenching the teeth when stressed.

Sainsbury's this morning, chopping a week's worth of veg for DS1 this afternoon and a friend is coming for supper this evening..

Greyduster Fri 21-Apr-17 07:25:26

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Dull and cold, but dry in South Yorkshire. We have another early visit to the Honda dealer today to get the part fitted that will finally put our car right. As it is going to take up the whole morning we are walking up the canal again to while away the time.
I hope your ear is better soon, Nina - there are very few things as miserable as ear ache. Nfk has a good suggestion, or applying a warm towel can give some relief.

NfkDumpling Fri 21-Apr-17 07:11:44

Morning All

A still, grey day here in Norfolk. Hopefully things will brighten later.

Hope the earache clears Nina. Warm olive oil?

ninathenana Fri 21-Apr-17 07:01:32

Morning Mick corner and everyone.
A very grey start in Kent. Bèn awake since 4.30 with flippin earache. Not something I've ever had before sad
We are forecast showers today. The garden certainly needs it. It's weeks since we saw rain.
Have a good day.

cornergran Fri 21-Apr-17 06:51:34

Morning Mick. Morning All. Brighter start in our corner of Somerset. Vitamin D is, I think, recommended generally now Mick, hope it helps. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Fri 21-Apr-17 06:44:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another grey cold start here in Brackley this morning.
Started to take Vitamin D tablets the sunshine tablets for my bones ,and could help my diabetes's 2.
Mick