Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Apr-17 06:39:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky start this morning here in Brackley today, bodes for a nice day.
Mick

hildajenniJ Sat 22-Apr-17 06:52:37

Good morning Mick and everyone.
It's a bright start in Tynedale, but I won't be here for much longer. DH and I are catching a coach for a trip to the Harrogate Spring Flower Show at 07:30. It's an early start for me these days! The weather looks set fair so let's hope it's a good day.
Have a great weekend everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 22-Apr-17 07:05:56

Morning All

Another grey day in Norfolk. And cold. Roll on summer!

Off to try to start a boat engine with a flat battery this morning as we need to move her tomorrow. Well, I'm going to offer moral support and coffee. Theoretically it's my boat so I have to be reeeeally nice! Fingers crossed!

TerriBull Sat 22-Apr-17 07:10:11

Good morning from the south east, it's bright and sunny at the moment, but I suspect not too warm, I hope it's not one of those cloud over quickly days. I will be taking my granddaughter swimming later today, but for the moment I am off to awake my husband with a coffee. Lucky person!

Nana3 Sat 22-Apr-17 07:12:30

Good morning everyone, sunny in Lancashire, so glad as I'm taking 2 DGC for a walk in the blue bell woods.
Have a lovely day at the flower show hilda and enjoy Saturday everyone.

thatbags Sat 22-Apr-17 07:29:43

Morning, all! A cold, clear, starry night in eastern Argyll, 2° when I got up, but the sun is shining.

Marydoll Sat 22-Apr-17 07:46:40

Good morning everyone. Woke up to to bright sunshine here in Renfrewshire, but suspect it might be a bit chilly. Good day for garden. I am way behind in my planting. Enjoy your Saturday.

PRINTMISS Sat 22-Apr-17 08:18:47

Good morning to you all, the washing is on, so I hope it stays fine, not expecting any heat, the wind remains cold. Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with some blind friends, a piece of cake and a cup of tea for £2. (and of course the inevitable raffle) to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind, an excellent organisation I think, and it is possible to see the results of the good work they do, isn't it. Several dogs all enjoying the crumbs. Might go to bowls later, a big achy, as we re-organised our living room yesterday, and the heavy furniture does not get any lighter. Enjoy your days.

Newquay Sat 22-Apr-17 08:19:31

Sunny with some clouds here in Staffordshire.
Must do some housework and some gardening today.
As well as accompanying learner driver DGD on her drive to work for 11am.
And must arrange for friend to come for evening meal as he's home alone as his wife has rushed to be by side of their DD who's just had second baby but needs to be back in hospital jaundiced.

ninathenana Sat 22-Apr-17 08:29:08

Morning all.
Dull and rain over night in Kent. I don't know which bit of SE you've managed to find some sun in TerriBull grin

No pain from my ear today thanks for the sympathy and suggestions but I can't hear anything that side.

Greyduster Sat 22-Apr-17 08:30:27

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Hazy sunshine and a dry day in prospect. Some domestics are the order of the day. Have a good day folks!

kittylester Sat 22-Apr-17 08:32:27

Morning all from North Leicestershire.

A late start for us today but it is bright and sunny with high clouds. The forecast is for cold winds next week so we'd better get some more gardening done. We had a phone call from one of the organisers of the village Open gardens last night - it's getting real! shock

Mildred Sat 22-Apr-17 08:33:26

Good morning all, sunny in Liverpool about to put the washing on then go for a coffee.

TerriBull Sat 22-Apr-17 08:45:06

ninathenana - It was glorious at 6.30 this morning, but alas cloudy now, so often the case. I'm not quite as east as you, but maybe Kent was sunny earlier too sunshine never mind maybe it will come out again later.

Mapleleaf Sat 22-Apr-17 08:45:18

Morning all. Sun trying to shine. Looks like it rained in the night. Shopping day today. Have a good Saturday.

harrigran Sat 22-Apr-17 08:45:35

Good morning, sunny but cool after overnight rain. Weather forecast is not great so newspapers and TV catch up beckons.

Pittcity Sat 22-Apr-17 08:51:46

Good morning from Colchester. The sun has just gone behind a cloud. We had a little bit of overnight rain and may have a shower or two this weekend.
Shopping today as we have friends over for dinner and wine tasting this evening.

Tippy22 Sat 22-Apr-17 08:52:30

Very grey again today. Hope it brightens as we're visiting DD2 and GD and apparently we are taking them to see some owls! Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Sat 22-Apr-17 09:13:19

Morning!

Glorious day, and not quite so chilly on the South Downs.

Weeding today -not my favourite job as kneeling brings out all the aches and pains.

I have a large shallow pot which I think I will make into an alpine pot. Will have a look at rocks and plants etc. On line and plan.

Jamie Oliver's broccoli pasta, courgette salad and melon with prosciutto for dinner.
Lunch is a smoked fish and leek omelette. All quick and easy!!!

aggie Sat 22-Apr-17 09:17:33

The sun has just poked his face out from amongst the hazy clouds , not much heat in Co Armagh . A pile of washing has appeared so better get it in the machine , hope everyone has a good day smile