Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(17 Posts)
rosesarered Tue 25-Apr-17 09:46:35

A mixture of blue skies and grey here, and definitely colder.Appointments of the boring variety today plus a trip to buy wallpaper, oh what an exciting life we do lead! grin

thatbags Tue 25-Apr-17 09:41:03

A late good morning from me. I was up soon after five but seem to have been busy. Having a breather. It's a cold (1.9°, warming up a wee bit) but sunny morning. We had a blow through of snow-laden rain yesterday.

Pittcity Tue 25-Apr-17 09:19:46

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Clear blue sky and a cold wind.
Today is DD2's 30th birthday. We celebrated with a surprise family lunch on Sunday.
I am waiting in for deliveries today and pottering.

hildajenniJ Tue 25-Apr-17 09:08:18

Good morning everyone.
It's quite cold and cloudy in my corner of the Tyne Valley, and it looks like it could be showery later. I have nothing much to do today, just pottering around. Staying in and keeping warm is probably a good idea.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Tue 25-Apr-17 08:41:15

Morning all from the South Downs

Totally blue sky but a bit chilly. I would guess that the wind is making it feel colder today.

Must sort out the ordinance surveys for next week. We are staying in a cottage on the Camel Trail so one easy walk sorted!!!

Greenhouse today I think as unpleasant in the wind. Might pot on some summer bedding as it is outgrowing its 3" pots - it's a pain as they will only be in them for a couple of weeks or so, but they really are looking pot bound.

Nothing else except boring washing, but it will dry this weather.

Enjoy your day

Anniebach Tue 25-Apr-17 08:38:18

Good morning all

Tippy22 Tue 25-Apr-17 08:33:06

Lovely sunny day but very, very cold. Hope it warms up as I have a lot of walking to do today. Enjoy your day everyone.

harrigran Tue 25-Apr-17 08:31:34

Good morning, cold and bright but the forecast for the rest of the day is poor.
DH has hospital appointment bang in the middle of visiting time, should be fun finding a parking space.

PRINTMISS Tue 25-Apr-17 08:27:17

Good morning to you all, bright and really cold this morning, that's because I have turned the central heating off! It is on again now. My hip is causing me quite a bit of trouble these past two days, hope I have not done anything to it. It is six months now since I had the fall, and everything was going along fine. Enjoy your days.

Greyduster Tue 25-Apr-17 08:25:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I fetched some plants into the conservatory last night because of the threat of frost. Right thing to do it seems, but the sun is shining at the moment so back out they'll go! The heating is on this morning. School run this afternoon. Have a good day, folks!

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Apr-17 07:42:34

Morning All

It's really cold here in Norfolk and although the sun is shining now it was apparently, according to my DS who starts work at silly o'clock, SNOWING earlier!

A couple of friends are coming round this morning and we're booking a trip with them on the Hurtigruten Ferry next January to celebrate his 60th Birthday. They want to go on the original 1960s ship. Not big and no stabilisers - but cheap. I'm not so sure! Could be a bumpy ride!

kittylester Tue 25-Apr-17 07:18:31

Good morning all!

North Leicestershire is cold and frosty but bright this morning. Luckily I have more desk work to do this morning and then the hairdresser this afternoon.

Enjoy your meet up Nana3

Mapleleaf Tue 25-Apr-17 07:13:21

Good morning everyone. Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here at the moment. Very chilly, too with a touch of frost. Supposed to cloud up later.
Enjoy your Tuesday, whatever you are doing. ?

Nana3 Tue 25-Apr-17 07:04:16

Good morning mick and everyone. Sunny in Lancashire today, so pleased as we're having a north-west meet up this afternoon cafe cupcake.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 25-Apr-17 07:04:14

Morning all.
Blue sky in Kent but chilly. Eye clinic for today, then Tescos.
Have a goid day everyone.

Grannybug Tue 25-Apr-17 06:56:46

Good morning from a frosty Northamptonshire. Sunny with blue skies but chilly and just de-icing the car ! Enjoy Tuesday everyone

12Michael Tue 25-Apr-17 06:30:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky feels cold though with grey cloud coming over as well.
Brackley wise.
See if the wintry showers descend today.
Mick