Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(16 Posts)
Oldcroc17 Wed 26-Apr-17 10:22:00

Coming to the south east for the weekend from the north west so hope it warms up. The problem, what clothes to pack??

TerriBull Wed 26-Apr-17 08:55:14

Good morning it's cold here in the south east, central heating on sad and nearly May too. I believe the weather is going to get warmer towards the week-end, hope so. Off to do some exercise later and a bit of shopping.

harrigran Wed 26-Apr-17 08:53:34

Good morning, bright but a very chilly 3 degrees. We had squally showers all day yesterday and during the night.
Anya ' if it wasnae for your wellies where would you be ' ? grin

ninathenana Wed 26-Apr-17 08:50:37

Morning all.
The sun is weak but it is there.
A late one this mornig after having to get up silly o'clock yesterday.
Not a good day yesterday I have to have eye treatment and may end up not being able to drive. Also the friends we were going away with this weekend might nit make it as the lady is quiet poorly sad

PRINTMISS Wed 26-Apr-17 08:29:42

Good morning to you all, the weather is uncertain, but we still need rain, don't fancy struggling with the hose pipe, will probably have to if it doesn't rain, the garden is looking really forlorn. Not a lot planned. Enjoy your days.

NfkDumpling Wed 26-Apr-17 08:23:34

Morning All
Plenty of weather in Norfolk the morning. Really overcast, still and grey at the moment but the sun was shining in a blue sky with a stiff breeze five minutes ago.

Yesterday we booked a cruise to Norway next January with our friends to celebrate his retirement/birthday. Their DD and partner were coming too. Last night partner changed his mind! Hopefully that's not their deposits gone as our friend paid!

Tippy22 Wed 26-Apr-17 08:17:38

Lovely blue sky here in Sussex again. Hope it's another beautiful if slightly chilly day like yesterday. Have a good one everybody.

Mapleleaf Wed 26-Apr-17 08:13:56

Good morning everyone. Greyduster has summed up the forecast here perfectly. Seems to be getting windier. Not going far this morning - waiting for engineer to come and service the boiler and central heating. Hope he/she shows up - should have come Monday. I wasn't a happy bunny having waited in all morning!

Pittcity Wed 26-Apr-17 07:58:06

Good morning from a cloudy Colchester. Feels cold with the sun occasionally peeping through. Rain is forecast and the garden needs it.
More waiting for deliveries today so will probably miss usual Colchester Wednesday coffee morning.

whitewave Wed 26-Apr-17 07:25:02

Good morning

Blue sky, glorious sun and a freezing wind, when I fed the birds this morning.

Shall not go into the garden today - too unpleasant. But desperate for rain. I think some is forecast for this afternoon, if not I shall have to get the hosepipe out tomorrow before we go away. Might go into the green house, but there isn't much to do in there. The cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes are tucked up nice and warm, and the bedding plants are flowering their socks off! A bit early but nice to see. I will do the pots when we return as May is usually safe in this part of the world.

Enjoy your day and keep warm!!

Marydoll Wed 26-Apr-17 07:17:09

Good morning everyone. Sun trying to break through, but I suspect it's very cold outside. Off to make pancakes for DGD's breakfast. Hopefully a gentle walk with pram (it won't be gentle if DH comes) and a stop off at cafe for a chat. Have a good day all.

Greyduster Wed 26-Apr-17 07:05:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Can't make its mind up in South Yorkshire this morning - sunny and blue sky on one side of the house and grey and windy on the other! Ah well, as long as we don't get horrendous hail storms like we did yesterday..... I have to take some trousers back to Marks this morning, and then second school run this afternoon. Have a good day whatever you're doing.

kittylester Wed 26-Apr-17 07:02:28

Morning Mick, morning Anya (yuck - to cold water wellies) morning all!

Cold but bright in North Leicestershire. I am helping at the final of this CrISP course and then it's the school run in Derby.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Grannybug Wed 26-Apr-17 07:01:12

Good morning all from a chilly cloudy Northamptonshire. The sun is trying its best to shine and at least there's no frost this morning. Enjoy Wednesday.

Anya Wed 26-Apr-17 06:52:43

Good morning Michael. Yes, sunny but cold here. At least it was cold when I went to let the chucks out this morning at 5.30am and found DH hadn't given them clean water last night so was trudging up and down the back garden to the tap with buckets of very cold water, one of which I managed to slop over into my wellies hmm

12Michael Wed 26-Apr-17 06:36:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny with a little bit of cloud at the moment but still feels as though it could be cold out.
Mick