Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(18 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 27-Apr-17 09:39:02

Good morning beautiful sunshine today, dentist appointment later, possible root canal work, not looking forward to that. On a happier note, son and girlfriend coming to stay with us tonight after work. Hope I will be able to talk to them by then.

harrigran Thu 27-Apr-17 09:10:22

Good morning, cool again this morning and looks as if it might be a carbon copy of yesterday.
Optician rang to say my glasses were ready so I need to collect them but am going to wait until 3pm as we have free parking on a Thursday after this time. Paying £1.60 an hour when you are only going to be five or ten minutes is most annoying and the council wonder why people shop out of town.

Anniebach Thu 27-Apr-17 09:06:43

Good morning all

rosesarered Thu 27-Apr-17 09:03:18

Morning everyone smile beautiful day here in Oxfordshire after an evening of hail and sleet! The garden approved of it once it melted,as we really need rain.

Tippy22 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:44:09

Lovely blue sky so a walk on the beach beckons before the pile of ironing that's been waiting a week for me. Enjoy your day whatever you're doing.

Greyduster Thu 27-Apr-17 08:27:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has the meteorology sorted, so that has saved me getting up and looking out of the window ?. We were going to go to Monsal Dale today for a walk, but my calf strain has returned so I am not going very far for the moment. Today is my firstborn's 50th birthday! He's a grand lad! Have a good day, everyone.

thatbags Thu 27-Apr-17 08:19:29

Morning, folks! Bad day yesterday from late afternoon onwards. Let's hope today is an improvement. Still dry enough to continue my garden 'cave'* digging, so that's a plus at least.

Happy days, dudes.

*rhododendron hacking

PRINTMISS Thu 27-Apr-17 08:05:22

Good morning, it is brilliant sunshine, and having just put my nose out of the door, we do not have that awful cold wind. This is all lovely, but PLEASE could we have some rain - not on BH Monday, and overnight if possible. Enjoy your days.

Mapleleaf Thu 27-Apr-17 07:58:16

Morning, everyone. A bit grey here at the moment, but some brighter looking sky in the distance. It feels cold, though. The heating came on earlier. Some washing and ironing to do today, and also try to finish my book, "Nigel, My family and other dogs" by Monty Don. I'm really enjoying it. Enjoy your day.?

Pittcity Thu 27-Apr-17 07:50:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Bloomin' cold but the frost has gone from the car. The rain is not due back until this afternoon, which is good as we have Walking Netball practice outside this morning.

NfkDumpling Thu 27-Apr-17 07:33:51

Morning All

Bright and sunny in Norfolk - and bloomin' cold. We too had a lot of weather yesterday, driving hail one minute and bright sunshine the next.

Nothing planned - but nothing has been planned all of this week as we should have been away and the days have filled in interestingly. Booked a holiday we didn't intend and yesterday had to cancel a couple of the group and now another friend is joining us. It got a bit complicated but no deposit was lost!

Who knows what today will bring. (The first load of washing is in!)

whitewave Thu 27-Apr-17 07:32:26

Good morning

Frost last night!!!!!! One of the only ones this winter. But another blue sky and sun. We did have some rain though but not enough so will have to get the hosepipe out.

Yesterday morning after feeding the birds I left the greenhouse door open and the lid off the meal worm tub 5litre which was new. Later in the morning husband went to his woodworking workshop near the greenhouse and it was like the Birds in there. It was full of starlings all lining up waiting their turn to peck at the meal worms. They ate half of it!!!! About £6 worth. There must be some very fat starling chicks.
The lid is firmly on this morning

Going to warm up we are told

Enjoy your day

Marydoll Thu 27-Apr-17 07:27:49

Good morning Mick and everyone here. Sunny and bright, but house is quite cold. Off to the hospital today, two trains to get there , as driving and parking is so difficult. Hopefully I can squeeze in a nice lunch and some shopping in. Have a good day all.

MawBroon Thu 27-Apr-17 07:04:23

Good morning Mick and everybody. Bright but "nippy" here in N Bucks too.
I wonder if we are in for another chilly May Day Bank Holiday weekend.
We have Maypole dancing on the village green by the village schoolchildren on May Day and the temperature generally plummets ❄️? ?

kittylester Thu 27-Apr-17 07:01:38

Morning nina! Good luck at the vets and have a good break - hope it's somewhere really lovely.

kittylester Thu 27-Apr-17 07:00:07

Good morning *Mick, morning all.

It's a nice bright start in North Leicestershire but still only 1 degree.

Sainsbury's and ironing for me today - I sure know how to live!

ninathenana Thu 27-Apr-17 06:59:22

Morning Mick and everyone.
Blue sky in Kent too and the wind has dropped. We had it all yesterday sun, rain, hail and wind.Taking Bertie for his 2nd jabs today. That will be fun smile
We are away tomorrow until Tuesday, so have a good weekend everday.

12Michael Thu 27-Apr-17 06:42:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start this morning with looks like cold air and a night frost here in Brackley.
Mick