Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(14 Posts)
12Michael Sat 29-Apr-17 06:31:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning, hope it improves later off doing my usual trip to Bicester via Buckingham on the buses.
Mick

tiredoldwoman Sat 29-Apr-17 06:37:20

It's a wee bit dull and cool in St.Andrews , but hey it's Saturday and I've got May Day off too ! Might start stripping the front hall , then paper - I havn't papered in years so it might be interesting !

NfkDumpling Sat 29-Apr-17 07:26:40

Morning All

Grey and cold in deepest Norfolk. Not inspiring.

DH took me swimming yesterday (not allowed to drive yet) and the new knee performed unexpectedly well. Did walking and very gentle swimming - and it worked fine. For the first time in two or more years, I could swim properly! Am a trifle stiff though this morning so it must have been good for me.

BlueBelle Sat 29-Apr-17 07:33:27

Grey and cold in east coast Suffolk too

kittylester Sat 29-Apr-17 07:38:49

Morning all!

When I got up to make the tea North Leicestershire was bright and sunny but it is now grey and overcast!

Yet another, but hopefully the final, trip to the garden centre and a walk to the village shops today.

Greyduster Sat 29-Apr-17 07:45:58

Good morning Michael and all GNs. There was a lovely sunrise this morning, but now it is uniformly grey out there. I had hoped for better, given the forecasting this week. DS is having his birthday bash this evening, so we are off up to York later. Should be very jolly and the food will be good. Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Sat 29-Apr-17 08:07:34

Good morning all

harrigran Sat 29-Apr-17 08:08:30

Good morning, overcast here but not too cold at 7 degrees. Not seeing GC this weekend so I will catch up on the newspapers.

Christinefrance Sat 29-Apr-17 08:14:39

Bonjour, its sunny but cold here in deepest France. Yesterday I drove for the first time since my accident in Feb. All went well thank goodness. smile

thatbags Sat 29-Apr-17 08:15:40

Morning all! A shower is forecast for this afternoon. We have a had a dry period that, by Argyll standards, is a veritable drought: it hasn't rained for about a week! I actually had to water some pots in the garden.

Happy days, dudes!

hildajenniJ Sat 29-Apr-17 08:19:13

Good morning everyone.
It's grey and overcast in the Tyne Valley. Doesn't feel too cold though, and there must have been a shower during the night as it's damp under foot.
If the weather remains dry, I might get the bus to my old home town and have a walk in the bluebell woods later. That path is always muddy but it is quite beautiful in the spring.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 29-Apr-17 08:30:15

Good morning, everyone. As Greyduster says, it's grey here in South Yorks, but looking out of the window, the sky seems to be lightening so maybe the sun might peep through later. ?Got a trip into town today to pick up some trousers and jeans which needed shortening, and to get a few other bits whilst there. Out with friends for a meal tonight. Enjoy your meal in York Greyduster. I love York, we go quite often.
Glad to hear your knee is getting stronger, Nfk.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

PRINTMISS Sat 29-Apr-17 08:33:58

Good morning to you all, thought I had lost the plot when I saw the heading "Good Morning Easter Sunday", then saw the date, and realised that it was not me! Had a lovely day out yesterday with our Parkinsons Groups - fish and chip lunch whilst cruising down the Chichester Canal. A little walk did the other half the world of good, although he always insists he 'can't walk any more, but did well yesterday. Not a lot planned for today. Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Sat 29-Apr-17 08:37:09

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Not a cloud in the sky here atm.
No plans at all this weekend, so I will have to get out for a walk.