Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(13 Posts)
Tallulah57 Sun 30-Apr-17 11:33:59

Good morning everyone, here in Lichfield it's sunny with a few clouds and a bit windy, off for a short walk to blow the cobwebs away!smile

Marydoll Sun 30-Apr-17 11:22:48

Good morning all. Windy and dull here in Renfrewshire. Busy baking for our family barbecue this afternoon. I won't be venturing outside, as it's very cold grin. I will leave the outside stuff to my son.
Hope everyone enjoys their day.

hildajenniJ Sun 30-Apr-17 10:19:35

Good morning everyone.
It's a sunny but windy morning in the Tyne Valley. In the garden DH's spinny thing is about to take off! Demonstration below: it doubles as quite a good bird scarer. Yesterday's walk among the bluebells was lovely. Today son is coming for his dinner. We're having roast beef etc.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 30-Apr-17 09:11:49

Morning All

Bright and breezy in Norfolk this morning!

DH has intentions of fixing the gap in the hedge where the honey fungus had its wicked way, and I'm about to draft out an appeal against the tree officer's decision not to allow us to take 5 foot off a branch of the Scots pine in the front garden which is nearly hitting the house. The pine is around 80 foot tall and very lush, but apparently this branch is vitally important to the landscape value! B**l**ks!

Anniebach Sun 30-Apr-17 08:51:58

Good morning all

Pittcity Sun 30-Apr-17 08:39:30

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another nice day in the offing. A walk and some gardening.

ffinnochio Sun 30-Apr-17 08:34:24

Good morning to all. My walking holiday with a friend in Germany is coming to an end, and as it's bright and sunny, a day of laundry and packing ahead, ready for the long drive home.

Greyduster Sun 30-Apr-17 08:14:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is struggling to brighten in South Yorkshire this morning but at least the sun is putting in a brief appearance now and then. A very late night for us last night, so no-one is in a hurry to get up. If the leg permits I shall do a spot of light gardening today. Have a good day folks.

PRINTMISS Sun 30-Apr-17 08:03:24

Good morning to you all, we have a brilliant sunny morning, and what a difference that makes to the start of the day. Not a lot planned, if it is not too cold I might carry on with planting the dahlias in pots, but then............... Enjoy your days.

sue1169 Sun 30-Apr-17 07:02:06

Good morning All ....beautiful but windy.Big big football day today.Come on Bolton Wanderers!! Enjoy the day everyone☀

kittylester Sun 30-Apr-17 06:48:17

Morning *Mick, morning Anya.

North Leicestershire is lovely and bright this morning.

We are going to the Cheltenham Jazz Festival today (yippee doo!). When DH was trying to find somewhere to stay, the best deal he could find was a 'Date Night' which includes a bottle of champagne. My thinking is that I drink the champagne, fall asleep and DH goes to the concert on his own. grin

Enjoy your Sundays everyone!

Anya Sun 30-Apr-17 06:32:00

Good morning Mick. Lovely and sunny here too but nippy. Our resident robin was shouting loudly for his mealy worms this morning when I went down to let the chucks out.

Enjoy your viewing.

12Michael Sun 30-Apr-17 06:28:26

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early as usual and its a blue sky start here in Brackley with a little bit of cold air.
Today light lunch then watch Tour De Yorkshire.
Mick